Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The "I don't have a class so I'm gonna have a random chat on boards" thread.

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

If you stay in the library looking at notes on your 3rd day of college I'll report you to the nearest mental hospital :D :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

haha! good point!:D
    The fecking Library is full upstairs, and half the computers aren't letting you log on..ohh DKIT, how I missed you and your efficiency!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

dkit sucks, simple as, a common room with 4 pool tables? what that 1 table between 1'000 students? GAY

Cathal_91 wrote: »
    dkit sucks, simple as, a common room with 4 pool tables? what that 1 table between 1'000 students? GAY

Let the SU know your feelings - http://www.dkitsu.ie/contact-us.html

skipped up to the bar at 3pm today to see som Speedking, waited till 3.40pm and still no sign, got something to eat and went back up to the bar at 3.50pm, another band were setting up.
    boo..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

And it's always the same people at them every day too. Joke.

That_Guy wrote: »

Yeh i noticed that too when I was there, also the pool society are often hogging the tables also.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Cathal_91

never anything to do in the place, they should make at least a few common rooms, or a decent sized one, not one that fits only about 50 people. are other colleges this boring?

never anything to do in the place, they should make at least a few common rooms, or a decent sized one, not one that fits only about 50 people. are other colleges this boring?

I'm afraid so I was in Maynooth for a few days and its probably worse for things to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭BLACKEN

That_Guy wrote: »

Haha someone mentioned me! lol :P

Ah sure ive **** all else to be at! but yeh a common room for every course is seriously needed!

• Advertisement

BLACKEN wrote: »
    Haha someone mentioned me! lol :P

Ah sure ive **** all else to be at! but yeh a common room for every course is seriously needed!

The college needs a big massive common room, one with plenty of pool tables (6 - 8), some arcade machines, some pc's for surfing only, a few swets and drinks machine's, a music box and away ya go.

When I was in first year for our group project we designed all this to perfection to fit into where the common room is now, our lecturer was so impressed he expressed interest in having us on the commitee for the actual project but alas we were not allowed, had we been everyone might just be a bit happier with the common room today! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Seems to be a bit of a theme of anyone who disagrees with certain mods here just gets banned

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

cc87 wrote: »
    Seems to be a bit of a theme of anyone who disagrees with certain mods here just gets banned

Aye was wondering what you meant then i seen;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056120212

Scram wrote: »
    Aye was wondering what you meant then i seen;
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056120212

If you disagree with a post or moderation of a forum please either report the post or feel free to contact one of the Cmods about your concerns on the moderation.

In this case either Red Alert or spurious.

Please dont post on thread about moderation as it derails threads and is against Boards.ie rules.

Also feel free to pm me or any other moderator if you have concerns about anything on the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

No one gets banned for "no reason " or for having a difference of opinion , what posters do get banned for is , not following the rules of the forum outlined in the stickies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

Sarge wrote: »
    No one gets banned for "no reason " or for having a difference of opinion , what posters do get banned for is , not following the rules of the forum outlined in the stickies.

I never said "no reason". Who are you quoting?

I never said "no reason". Who are you quoting?

Stop posting on thread about it, please take it to pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippendale

Guys, guys! Can't we all just get along?

hugs-tiem.jpg

Class again in a week, waaaayyyy. . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

So we're back almost a week, hows it working out for peeps? my timetable sucks a fair bit, way too much random time off in the middle of the day..
    eg. start 9-11, off, next class 3-5

Thats the way it rolls i suppose.

Am finding it really boring being back, not the lecture side of things, but the hanging around the gaff in the evenings afternoons off, tv is boring me... im seriously considering a daily dose of min 6 beers. :o

Doop wrote: »
    So we're back almost a week, hows it working out for peeps? my timetable sucks a fair bit, way too much random time off in the middle of the day..
    eg. start 9-11, off, next class 3-5

Thats the way it rolls i suppose.

Am finding it really boring being back, not the lecture side of things, but the hanging around the gaff in the evenings afternoons off, tv is boring me... im seriously considering a daily dose of min 6 beers. :o

Its always the same when you start back as you have a lack of assignments to do, in a months time you'll be complaining that you have to much work and cant get a free second to yourself :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Scram

draffodx wrote: »
    Its always the same when you start back as you have a lack of assignments to do, in a months time you'll be complaining that you have to much work and cant get a free second to yourself :D

So true, from the start of November last year, onwards we had 4 fecking projects to do. Which was way too much for second year.

****ing hell im still not over them and then having xmas exams plus family problems (which i dont want to mention).

Most stressfull months i can remember in a long time tbh.

Compare this to when i was in first year;
    No exams
    6 weeks off

Yep its always the way but sure cant jump straight into projects from the first day back either, so just have to enjoy the free time before getting stuck into the hard work.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

My timetable fairly okay but am having problems with one of my modules =( timetable wised. Its a film module and the lecterer wants us two watch the film through a 2 hour block but right after the 2 hour block I have to attend another lecture (and im the only that has a lecture after the 2 hour block) so the lecterer said that she continue on watching the film after the 2 hour block so that means that I will the end. I we have to do a film log on the fil thats shown every week. And then theres word of moving the tutorial and again im the only that gets caught again as i have a lecture one of the times they want to have the tutorial but hopefully it go my way! Thats my major annoyance at the minute but hopefully it get sorted next week with a bit of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Timetable? 9-12 Monday, 2-4 Wednesday and 2-4 Thursday!! Pain in the ass... Thesis to be up for the 3rd of March, why so early is what noone has been able to tell me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

focus_mad wrote: »
    Timetable? 9-12 Monday, 2-4 Wednesday and 2-4 Thursday!! Pain in the ass... Thesis to be up for the 3rd of March, why so early is what noone has been able to tell me!!!

Ah sure if you focus mad you'll get it in :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭Hank_Jones

Doop wrote: »
    Ah sure if you focus mad you'll get it in :D

Oh dear....

:D

jaysus, I'm up to be ballz with projects and me fecking laptop is in for repairs until Tuesday the earliest apparently.
    Screwed, and not in the "Good Las Vagas" way!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Hank_Jones wrote: »
    Oh dear....

:D

I thought the same but I didnt want to be impolite!:D

Advertisement