Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I don't have a class so I'm gonna have a random chat on boards" thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Yeh actually now that I think back first year was kinda the same for me, second year was a lot better, people that weren't serious about the course were gone and the groups were mixed up.

Was a lot easier to get on with people and ended up getting to know the whole class with plenty of people willing to go to the canteen or the bar during breaks.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

draffodx wrote: »
    Yeh actually now that I think back first year was kinda the same for me, second year was a lot better, people that weren't serious about the course were gone and the groups were mixed up.

Was a lot easier to get on with people and ended up getting to know the whole class with plenty of people willing to go to the canteen or the bar during breaks.

I don't know what it is really. Everyone can hold a decent conversation before classes but outside of classes they just seem to want to be on their own.

Now I don't need others in order to go for something to eat or anything but it would be nice to have some people to have a laugh with now and again.

We had our last exam in the Crown Plaza and afterwards I asked if anybody was gonna go for a pint in the bar to celebrate the end of first semester and celebrate the start of our Christmas holidays but that wasn't to be.

College is daunting for everyone who doesn't know anyone going there and it seems hard to make friends but I'm a good talker and I always make an effort.

When I did multimedia I knew the entire class 2 weeks in and have made some really good friends. I don't know if it's the nature of the course but it's just weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Sunday at Ridleys is the new place to be WHOOP WHOOP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,689 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

have a good night papagormo?
    bloody not bad at tall. continued with my theme of visiting pubs id never been to before..headed to good time charlies, my verdict is it sure gets the crowd yes, lively spot, but my god it needs a renovating big style. its aweful run down, no chape pints on the night (unless i missed it) but the rather nice looking barlady folk more than made up for it!:D
    then mosyed my way to the ridleys, good craic not too long a que, nicely done up inside, good smoking area (again, dont smoke, handy place for chattin purposes) tried chattin up a lady or two, shot down beautifully! all in a good nights work.
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I'm just so looking forward to 2nd year. I've seriously got no friends in my class group. Everyone chats to each other in class but as soon as we get a free hour or two everyone just goes off on their own. FFS. I've tried to make an effort but nothing's working and I don't wanna pay them. :P
    tis true, 1st year is difficult to break into different circles. i found it really difficult as i moved this side from galway, hadnt the aul "oh your from such a town, do ya know yer wan..etc etc" line to fall back on. that and every break i got/get i tend to head off home to college heights for a bitta couch time. 2nd year has the advantages in my course at least that it has group projects so your bound to get more friendly with folk. also head out the odd thursday night, surprising how long a bitta banter goes when you meet fellow classmates out and yer all half cut!:D
    focus_mad wrote: »
    Sunday at Ridleys is the new place to be WHOOP WHOOP!!
    noted!:D

gents and wimmins,
    me ford focus is not starting anymore, lastnite i got the jump leads at it and it worked, took it for a good long spin and it was going fine. tried starting it again a few hours later and its gone again.
    does anyone here know of a good but fairly cheap mechanic, or someone with the know how in the college that can do call outs, to the college heights region?
    cheers

• Advertisement

Back to the norm now after rag week?

Projects finishing up, final CA's and revision starting now? :D

Back to the norm now after rag week?

Projects finishing up, final CA's and revision starting now? :D

Sh*t. I forgot I had to go back to college. :)

Sh*t. I forgot I had to go back to college. :)

get there yet?

ahh yes tis easter hols and im here..at home and online..living the dream!
    (and ive to head back to fundalk during the week to get some work thats due as soon as we return due)
    tits magee,
    that is all

Everybody must have been fairly busy after Easter?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Chippendale

Hello, Members of the Board.
    I figure since I'm heading up to Dundalk for first year in the coming weeks, I might as well get involved with these here boards.

So yeah. Dundalk. Affectionately dubbed Fundalk, Y/N?

Yes, I had great craic the 4 years I spent there, lived in college heights for 1st and 2nd year and the craic was unreal, best two years of my life!

Sweet! Yeah, I'll be moving up to the heights :P , I'm in meath at the mo. Whilst exciting, I will be the only person I know there. Let's hope folk are more friendly than the few classes others have mentioned. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭cc87

What course are ya doing??

I didnt know anyone either when i started there a few years ago but I got to know a lot of people fairly easily. Its upto you though to put yourself out there and talk to people you dont really know

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭focus_mad

Alry Pal..
    Yup it often feels awkward comin up without knowing anyone. Make a effort the first few days with people in ya class. I did and made a good few mates
    while Otha people just didn't like me style haha..Me Missus obviously did that's where I met her!!:)
    College heights is serious crack. I'm in college manor again this year! The student bar is usually busy enough the first week and then fresher is the following week!!:)

wat course are you doing? I'm in the engineering block doin building surveying.. Final year whoop whoop!!
    So if anyone sees me and I do t say hello it's not that i'v me head up lease it's that I'v prob had a idea for me project and with a head like a sieve I'm tryin to keep it in !! :)

Ah yeah, I love meeting people.

I'll be doing Electrical & Electronic Systems, gonna be class.

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭oddo

Hi, I am in the same situation....
    I will probably going into my course not knowing anyone.
    Hope it won't be difficult and i get to know people quickly..It's probably important to meet new people on the 1st day???
    1st Day will probably be really really nervous and awkward, hope it is good and i meet people soon and it works out grand in college.:pac:

I may frequent Dundalk..... but not as a student. ;)

Money talked i.e I got a job and the money is superb so I decided that was better for me.

Good luck to anyone new starting up there soon. It's a good college. It's not the biggest college but the campus is really really good.

It's not that hard to make friends at all. I knew my class within a couple of days so you won't be on your own for long.

I know mates living up there so I've no doubt I'll be up there some Thursday night.

EDIT: Organise a DKIT boards beers for yourselves in the bar at some stage particularly the newbies starting. Even if you're not in the same course at least you'll have one thing in common... BOARDS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

join a couple of societies. theres something for everyone.

Organise a DKIT boards beers for yourselves in the bar at some stage particularly the newbies starting. Even if you're not in the same course at least you'll have one thing in common... BOARDS.

best a luck with the new job, and you getting paid and we in the middle of a recession!! que endless amounts of people saying "at least you have a job" to you for the next few decades!

boards beers eh? sounds interesting!

• Advertisement

Boards beers DOES sound delightful, it'd be nice to scope out the campus pub with a purpose. I just need to figure out when I'm actually heading up there, I haven't gotten an apartment no. yet, or student no. for that matter. C'mon DkIT administration! (yes, and S.A.S. administration. . .)

As for clubs &/or societies, I figure I'll hit up the Airsoft crew, I've been meaning to get into that for something like a year now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

+1 for the DKIT Boards beers :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 x_biteme_x

Heeey ;)
    I'm registering next friday!, excited but nervous at the same time!
    hate being down at the bottom year again.. and having to wait for that awkward first day where your wondering around and trying to make new friends XD hopefully it will be good though! :)
    Anyone else doing or have done computing level 8?

x

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭stooodent

hows everybody im registering in a bit just wondering what kinda town dundalk is? good night life? etc...

I graduated in computing last year! :D

Awesum :D, you enjoyed it i take it? :)

really? im starting computing this year as well is the coarse enjoyable ?:pac:

stooodent wrote: »
    really? im starting computing this year as well is the coarse enjoyable ?:pac:

Heya, what computing course you doing? :D

x_biteme_x wrote: »
    Heya, what computing course you doing? :D

computing you??:pac:

• Advertisement

stooodent wrote: »
    computing you??:pac:

The level 7 or level 8 one?? :D
    x

Advertisement