Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "I don't have a class so I'm gonna have a random chat on boards" thread.

Options
  • 17-09-2009 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭

My first class of the day just got cancelled so I've nothing until 2pm now. Very annoying.
    This thread is for those who have no class and are sitting in the library doing sweet fcuk all.

Discuss.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

im actually sitting at my desk but i work up there in the Regional Development Centre... im not actually a student, but a former student, technically I dunno if that qualifies me to be talking on here!??

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Please do talk to me. I'm ever so lonely.

*tumbleweed rolls by*

What are ya doing up there... when not being a waster in the library! Did you see the liverpool game last night?

MY 1000th POST WAS ON THIS THREAD!!!!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm doing computng here. Only registered yesterday. I was offered a third round place and today is my first day. Bit annoyed though cos I'm commuting and need to stick around. Grr I tells ya.

I wasn't watching Liverpool no. Was listening to the Newcastle match on the radio. Not as good without visual images though.

Ah I did computing there... bad choice... i hate computers but sadly still working with them :(

Your a newcastle fan? New a girl once from newcastle... thats anothers days story though ;)

DKIT is great craic. Liverpool match was pretty boring so i watched some of that new movie District 9 on TVShack.net instead... which also turned to to be boring and in the end probably saved me 30 quid bringing herself to see it!!! score!

• Advertisement

Thank you for your vote of confidence. ;)

I am indeed a Newcastle fan. Tis in my siggy.
    Was that Lucas chap playing for ye last night? I don't rate him at all tbh. I'd take him at Newcastle though and that's saying something.

District 9 wasn't great. Unfortunately I paid for it and felt dirty for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

whohoo for ya,this thread got stickied!(or stuck would sound more proper i suppose)
    well im finito for the day, all 6hours of lecturers(including drawing up various parts of the college for some surveying experience-ye may have seen 20 odd looking lads looking confused and pretending to be drawing at some stage today, i was one of them)
    upstairs in the library is woeful quiet, a sneaky fart would be heard by everyone....(personally,im blaming the lad two seats to my left, but who knows as ill never own up..!!)
    im off home for some good oul fashioned food.(seen a kiwi in the house earlier-i got dibs!)

Huge fcuk up with timetables today in our course meant that instead of getting off early I had a big long gap between classes. Annoying as fcuk.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I enjoyed district 9 :D

I'm not in the college this year, missing it like mad, starting to think I should have done my masters there.

ah well seeing as I'm doing nothing I plan to head down to the bar someday for a few drinks session if anybody wants to join me :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭CyberWaste

Meh not much happening tomorrow, just want to go over to harvey normans before I head home for the weekend, can anyone tell me how far it is from like DKIT, walking distance that is? Says on its website that its on the Dundalk Retail Park, Inner Relief Road, but google maps was no help...

• Advertisement

draffodx wrote: »
    I enjoyed district 9 :D

I'm not in the college this year, missing it like mad, starting to think I should have done my masters there.

ah well seeing as I'm doing nothing I plan to head down to the bar someday for a few drinks session if anybody wants to join me :D

We need a DKIT boards piss meet up.

That_Guy wrote: »

Did you go to that lecture today at 4 for maths today, it had all the K17 classes in it, did he give back those maths test yoke results or what did he do?

I gave the lecture a miss... more important things to do....:p:):D

CyberWaste wrote: »
    Did you go to that lecture today at 4 for maths today, it had all the K17 classes in it, did he give back those maths test yoke results or what did he do?

I gave the lecture a miss... more important things to do....:p:):D

I went yeah. It was my first class with him but he didn't give any tests back or anything. He was just showing us various ways of getting from say base 2 to base 8 etc. Seems easy enough but I'm hoping that in tomorrow's class he'll give us some notes.

More important things eh? What was her name?

Oh and Harvey Norman ain't too far from DKIT. Go in the direction of the Mace shop and keep walking up that road until you see a retail park with Argos etc. It's adjacent to KFC and Dunnes. You can't really miss it.

If you own a PS3 or an Xbox 360 make sure you check their bargain basket for games. They sometimes put quality games in there for a tenner. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,684 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

If you own a PS3 or an Xbox 360 make sure you check their bargain basket for games. They sometimes put quality games in there for a tenner. :)

i have officially learned something new today,whats their selection of ****ty PS2 games like?

papagormo wrote: »
    i have officially learned something new today,whats their selection of ****ty PS2 games like?

Couldn't tell you mate. Free? ;)

damn right we do, wonder would the numbers be better this year?

damn right we do, wonder would the numbers be better this year?

Hard to know. Organise and find out. You never know, we might end up recruiting people to boards.

Hard to know. Organise and find out. You never know, we might end up recruiting people to boards.

Might start up a thread in the near future when everyone is settled and time tables are set in stone to see what time suits everyone

Might start up a thread in the near future when everyone is settled and time tables are set in stone to see what time suits everyone

Tuesday or Wednesday for me anytime after 1pm is good for moi. Oh can we wear boards name badges? Oh how cool we would look.

2 Quick questions, right so im finally registering on wednesday, so will have my card then, but on clubs day I signed up to a few clubs and the lads in charge said that its ok but I will need to give my card number in the futute sometime. How do I go about putting the card number beside my name in the list like?

Also, how do you find out when your clubs activities are on or what? Like where do go and what time for clubs?

• Advertisement

2 Quick questions, right so im finally registering on wednesday, so will have my card then, but on clubs day I signed up to a few clubs and the lads in charge said that its ok but I will need to give my card number in the futute sometime. How do I go about putting the card number beside my name in the list like?

Also, how do you find out when your clubs activities are on or what? Like where do go and what time for clubs?

Your number is on the card. It should be written as D000 and then your number.
    When you filled out a form or if you have to they'll ask you to write out your mobile number so they can keep you updated as to when events are taking place.

Your number is on the card. It should be written as D000 and then your number.
    When you filled out a form or if you have to they'll ask you to write out your mobile number so they can keep you updated as to when events are taking place.
    No what I meant was, on clubs day, I wasnt registered, so had no card, but when I was joining a few clubs, they said that it was ok that I didnt have a DKIT card yet, but that ill need to give the card number to them when I get the card. How do I go about doing that? Do I go to an office or something? And will I still be able to find out when the club activities are on? When are clubs starting btw?

No what I meant was, on clubs day, I wasnt registered, so had no card, but when I was joining a few clubs, they said that it was ok that I didnt have a DKIT card yet, but that ill need to give the card number to them when I get the card. How do I go about doing that? Do I go to an office or something? And will I still be able to find out when the club activities are on? When are clubs starting btw?

Club activities used to take place on Wednesdays after 1, not sure if its changed.

To get your student number to them you can go to the clubs and society officer and get the contact details for the clubs you signed up for or you can just wait until they have something on and give it to them then.

They should still email/text you when stuff is on

Can you join socs still now, or are you only allowed to on the clubs day? Theres one soc I should have joined...

Can you join socs still now, or are you only allowed to on the clubs day? Theres one soc I should have joined...

Just go to the clubs and societies office. AFAIK it's just opposite the bank and beside the shop. They should be able to give you details on your chosen club or soc. I'm sure you can join throughout the year and I don't think it's just exclusive to the clubs and soc's day.

ALright finally got registered today...

Is there a part of the DKIT website or some other website that allows you create a student profile and upload details and a picture of yourself or something and see the people in your class's profiles also? im pretty sure the guy in my comp. class today had something like it on his screen or am I seeing things?

Also, can I change my email password and is it possible to get the club leaders emails on the DKIT webmail site or anything?

ALright finally got registered today...

Is there a part of the DKIT website or some other website that allows you create a student profile and upload details and a picture of yourself or something and see the people in your class's profiles also? im pretty sure the guy in my comp. class today had something like it on his screen or am I seeing things?

Also, can I change my email password and is it possible to get the club leaders emails on the DKIT webmail site or anything?

your lecturer probably had Moodle open

http://moodle.dkit.ie

You can change your email password, its the same as your computer logon password, you should have been given details on how to change it, if not I think you can do it through webmail.

You'll get the emails from the clubs at whichever email address you provided them with or if there using your student id then they'll be in your webmail

your lecturer probably had Moodle open

http://moodle.dkit.ie

You can change your email password, its the same as your computer logon password, you should have been given details on how to change it, if not I think you can do it through webmail.

You'll get the emails from the clubs at whichever email address you provided them with or if there using your student id then they'll be in your webmail

I cant find that profile section of moodle, or is there one? Im pretty sure he didnt have facebook or bebo open, the guy who had the profile looking thing on his screen was another student btw, not a lecturer, he was sitting beside me.

I cant find that profile section of moodle, or is there one? Im pretty sure he didnt have facebook or bebo open, the guy who had the profile looking thing on his screen was another student btw, not a lecturer, he was sitting beside me.

When you log in you can see in the top right hand side it will say You are logged in as XXXXXX (Logout) click on your name here and you'll be taken to your profile and you can then click the edit profile tab

See the attachments for pics

• Advertisement

Thank fook it's almost the weekend. This commuting is tiring me out.

Advertisement