Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick's Perceived Image

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Roadend

I've never heard of the Trinity Creche being described as pretentious, maybe you meant preteentious?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

+1 on the 6pm thing, this town has literally nothing to do in it once the shops close, you can go to the crescent at the weekend, thats about it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

D-A-V-E wrote: »
    haha everyone is gone home for their dinner! :pac:

Not everyone wants to go home at 6pm to have their dinner, sometimes I'd love to be able to do what I used be able to do in Oz- Go to the park and read or watch the river and I'd really love to be able to go out for a jog around then but it's just not safe. Also in Oz there was always something going on in the evenings to do for free- none of that here on a regular basis. They had the best free outdoor cinema every thurs night! (films were sh**e but twas great fun)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 363 ✭✭cancan

krudler wrote: »
    +1 on the 6pm thing, this town has literally nothing to do in it once the shops close, you can go to the crescent at the weekend, thats about it

Thats because the scum have made the town center an unplesant place to live, and most people have moved to the suburbs.
    To save limerick the centre needs to be cleaned up so people will move back in and create a sense of vibrancy that has been missing for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭puntosporting

Not everyone wants to go home at 6pm to have their dinner, sometimes I'd love to be able to do what I used be able to do in Oz- Go to the park and read or watch the river and I'd really love to be able to go out for a jog around then but it's just not safe. Also in Oz there was always something going on in the evenings to do for free- none of that here on a regular basis. They had the best free outdoor cinema every thurs night! (films were sh**e but twas great fun)

Not safe to go for a jog?
    In your head im sorry but thats just your own problem!
    Hundreds out jogging and walking all over limerick city and suburbs every night!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

Not safe to go for a jog?
    In your head im sorry but thats just your own problem!
    Hundreds out jogging and walking all over limerick city and suburbs every night!

yup, had my jog earlier, loads of people out walking their dogs too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Liam79 wrote: »
    Stab, as for me trying to make you out to be a sham…no need man, you have shown that you more than capable of proving that yourself :)

i demand a ban for this type of slander.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,468 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

:rolleyes:

Get a room. guys.

Mr E wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Get a room. guys.

yet when i say something my post gets deleted!! maybe you and liam79 should get the room mr.E

my 500th post!!

• Advertisement

Hundreds? and in the city centre??Yeah right! The only place I ever see joggers is Dooradoyle and the posh part of Castletroy. I do live here you know- just saying things happen for the sake of an argument doesn't mean it really happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Hundreds? and in the city centre??Yeah right! The only place I ever see joggers is Dooradoyle and the posh part of Castletroy. I do live here you know- just saying things happen for the sake of an argument doesn't mean it really happens.

There is a posh part to castletroy news to me. Once 7 o clock comes round there is no shortage of joggers in town but most take the orbital routes by the quays or gerald griffin street

sioda wrote: »
    There is a posh part to castletroy news to me. Once 7 o clock comes round there is no shortage of joggers in town but most take the orbital routes by the quays or gerald griffin street
    You think people jog down gerald griffin street?? Are you mad? And the quays?! Seriously, that's a dream you had.

You think people jog down gerald griffin street?? Are you mad? And the quays?! Seriously, that's a dream you had.
    Oh Feck ya your right slap me in the head there will you!
    Mind my langauage but G.O F.U.C.K Y.O.U.R.S.E.L.F !
    Grow up get a life because believe it or not limerick city and its residents are all involved in having a life!, no we are not all locked in at night with shotguns at the ready waiting for an intruder you idiot!
    Do you think that the goblins come up from the sewers after 6 when all the good folk are gone home to eat their dinner?
    But of course its plainly obvious from the news that joggers, pedestrians and dogs are going missing at an alarming rate from "the quays" and "gerald griffin st" but wait sure anyone on gerald griffin st is pretty harmless as most of them are already feckin dead!!!

Oh Feck ya your right slap me in the head there will you!
    Mind my langauage but G.O F.U.C.K Y.O.U.R.S.E.L.F !
    Grow up get a life because believe it or not limerick city and its residents are all involved in having a life!, no we are not all locked in at night with shotguns at the ready waiting for an intruder you idiot!
    Do you think that the goblins come up from the sewers after 6 when all the good folk are gone home to eat their dinner?
    But of course its plainly obvious from the news that joggers, pedestrians and dogs are going missing at an alarming rate from "the quays" and "gerald griffin st" but wait sure anyone on gerald griffin st is pretty harmless as most of them are already feckin dead!!!
    Look, if you have to blow up like that, it really shows me that you were telling lies. If you really want to prove it- go to gerald griffin street tomorrow-at 7pm- take a photo of these joggers and post it. Problem solved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Can i just say to the folk who think limerick is such a scum infested hole, get the **** out of our city and leave it to those who love the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Iang87 wrote: »
    Can i just say to the folk who think limerick is such a scum infested hole, get the **** out of our city and leave it to those who love the place.
    People are merely highlighting the city's problems. You need to be able to defend the city without resorting to emotional outbursts.

grenache wrote: »
    People are merely highlighting the city's problems. You need to be able to defend the city without resorting to emotional outbursts.

people like me are tired of defending the city against people who constantly put it down

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Iang87 wrote: »
    people like me are tired of defending the city against people who constantly put it down

Theres a difference between defending it and the tired old "if you dont like it **** off" argument

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

I say we take a leaf from the extremist Muslim handbook and beat to death anyone who says Limerick is a dangerous city.

we can't risk having this misconception to take hold.

ALLLLLAAH AKKKKBAR!!!

• Advertisement

khmk wrote: »
    I say we take a leaf from the extremist Muslim handbook and beat to death anyone who says Limerick is a dangerous city.

we can't risk having this misconception to take hold.

ALLLLLAAH AKKKKBAR!!!

:pac: Will we have to wear bhurkas??

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭khmk

:pac: Will we have to wear bhurkas??

I say yes!

Bhurkas and luminous hot pants could work.

And we could fashion up something appealing for the women whilst we're at it.

lets see the scummers then-

"hoi you, comereiwancha give me a fag!"

nice chicken legs son, trot on before i crush you

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭HAPPYGIRL

No its not. I work and live in the city centre. Of course people are out and about after 6pm. I regularly meet friends in the evening and i have no problem walking to meet them on my own.

If you feel that limerick city is a no go area in the evening, then that says more about your state of mind, than the reality of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,462 ✭✭✭sioda

Dude spend a hour sitting outside Claws bar and you will see plenty of joggers on both sides of the river doing a lap of the bridges.

I know people jog down gerald griffin street as I often meet them when I am out myself.

Personally I love Limerick after 6 no crowds.

Look, if you have to blow up like that, it really shows me that you were telling lies. If you really want to prove it- go to gerald griffin street tomorrow-at 7pm- take a photo of these joggers and post it. Problem solved.

Are you 12 or something telling lies?
    Why do you think people would not jog on gerald griffin st or any other st for that matter i realy dont understand your point?
    Honestly what do you think would happen if you jog down this street?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭D-A-V-E

If you live somewhere, you either have a mindset that its good, or bad. if you think its bad then you can only pick out things thats are wrong with the place, if however you like the place you live in then you get to see the good things, like in Limerick things that i like is seeing 14 rowing boats in the shannon on a nice day, walking down to a park playing football with the lads, having a few pints beside the canal, enjoying the nightlife, things that probably wont even regester in your head to do if your too 'afraid' to leave your home, live your life or move city is what i say..

as for the bad side..only thing that pisses me off after 6pm in Limerick is jogging into dog sh!t late at night when the light is poor..place is littered with it around my area but sure im not going to stay in and not jog because of it!

krudler wrote: »
    Theres a difference between defending it and the tired old "if you dont like it **** off" argument

you know you're right every week when one of these arguments pop up in these threads i see the same tired arguments,
    1) tracksuits tucked into socks
    2) cant go jogging/for walks in case i get attacked
    3) shopping centers full of scum
    etc

i have defended limerick time and time again but its like hitting your head against a wall when people bring up the same argument.

so i've started to just go with the **** off if you dont like it argument you know even though it is a tired argument, just like every other limerick argument.

Fight fire with fire you know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,175 ✭✭✭Paulegend

anyone who thinks this city isnt run by scumbags from certain families is blind.

i loved this city but its like the girlfriend you fall out of love with because you realise she is a slut. or an alien from another planet where their sex organs are on their toes and they wear oversized novelty mexican hats while eating greasy batter burgers out of their hands while working on a building site........ ill never forget ziggy:cool:

Are you 12 or something telling lies?
    Why do you think people would not jog on gerald griffin st or any other st for that matter i realy dont understand your point?
    Honestly what do you think would happen if you jog down this street?
    Like I said- pictures or it doesn't happen.

• Advertisement

sioda wrote: »
    Dude spend a hour sitting outside Claws bar and you will see plenty of joggers on both sides of the river doing a lap of the bridges.

I know people jog down gerald griffin street as I often meet them when I am out myself.

Personally I love Limerick after 6 no crowds.
    You know we're talking about night time- I know people jog during the day and summer evenings- I lived on steamboat quay for years.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement