Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

The Update is coming on the 17th of november according to Major Nelson

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

givyjoe81 wrote: »
    Eh, im nearly a hundred per cent sure, but you CAN watch live sports through live once its introduced. Dont know how it works for sky customers but matches will be available i think on a pay per view basis. Watched an a presentation online from some xbox executive promoting the whole thing. Only learned of this the other night when i got the rrod. Spoke to the customer care dude who mentioned that a pricing scheme was yet to be decided.

http://www.xbox.com/en-IE/news-features/News/Sky-290509.htm

http://whathifi.com/News/Xbox-360-joins-forces-with-Sky-TV/

Yeah but seeing as I already subscribe to sky and have sky sports as part of the package, I dont get why I'd have to pay more to watch live sports on the sky player?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

NTMK wrote: »
    The Update is coming on the 17th of november according to Major Nelson

Source?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

That_Guy wrote: »
    Source?

major nelson, as he said in his post

mossym wrote: »
    major nelson, as he said in his post

I didn't read that part. My bad. Stupid Monday tiredness.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The articles mention Twitter and Facebook but no mention of Last.fm. They link to a page on Xbox.com that supposedly said November 17th but now it seems to have gone back to "Autumn 2009". Nothing on MN as he usually doesnt post over the weekend and is 8 hours behind us.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225208?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/10/facebook-and-twitter-arrive-november-17-on-xbox-live-in-the-uk/
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/social/default.htm

bucks73 wrote: »
    The articles mention Twitter and Facebook but no mention of Last.fm. They link to a page on Xbox.com that supposedly said November 17th but now it seems to have gone back to "Autumn 2009". Nothing on MN as he usually doesnt post over the weekend and is 8 hours behind us.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=225208?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS
    http://www.joystiq.com/2009/10/10/facebook-and-twitter-arrive-november-17-on-xbox-live-in-the-uk/
    http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/social/default.htm

I could've sworn that joystiq did a review on last.fm and said that it was disappointing that you couldn't do anything else at the same time because the music would just stop or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Yeah they did but I think they are just basing their story on the Xbox.com page which doesnt mention it. They have removed the November 17th date now so maybe someone jumped the gun a little soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Great stuff ... Pity it wasn't the week before. I would've signed up for the Sports pack for the Utd - Liverpool match on 25 th :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭okla

There is a preview programme up now for the next update sign up here

http://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate
    Please fill out the Sign up Survey to be considered for the Preview program!

We are very excited to have you participate in the program; however, there are some important things to keep in mind:

We can only enroll participants from regions where Xbox LIVE is officially supported. Do not sign up unless Xbox LIVE is officially available and supported in your region.
    Completing the Sign up Survey does not automatically enroll you in the Preview Program. To ensure a good cross section of LIVE members, we’ll review completed surveys and make our selections based on variables such as region and connection type.
    Do not apply more than once. It will not increase your chances of being registered into the preview program.
    To be considered for the program, you must complete the survey and provide your 12 digit Console ID. If your Console ID is not correct, you will not be chosen to participate.
    To register, you will need your Gamertag and Xbox 360 Console ID.
    If you do not know how to obtain your Console ID, please read this article.

gobsheen.png

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

okla wrote: »
    There is a preview programme up now for the next update sign up here

http://connect.microsoft.com/XboxLIVEUpdate

Isn't that update coming November 17th though? I think sky player is separate.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

for me, im praying that we can watch footy on a pay-per-view basis for those without a sky sub. would be class if they had something like Liverpool V man United for 400 MS points, prob unlikely though

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Hmmm...

I don't have multiroom but my brother does (and he hasn't an Xbox 360) - so I wonder if I could I link my 360 account to his Sky sub?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Be great if it was ppv ye.But are people with sky going to have to pay a bit extra to get it on the xbox?Hell with that if thats the case

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

If its anything like Sky player, then yes you can. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭djfattony2000

Hmmm...

I don't have multiroom but my brother does (and he hasn't an Xbox 360) - so I wonder if I could I link my 360 account to his Sky sub?

Schweet! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭greenman09

If someone has the sky box. Why on earth want it on xbox. For a start its gonna be better quality through the sky box anyway . And you can watch what you want at your own leisure

greenman09 wrote: »
    If someone has the sky box. Why on earth want it on xbox. For a start its gonna be better quality through the sky box anyway . And you can watch what you want at your own leisure

Of course the quality is gonna be better through a Sky box but some of us I think will enjoy waking up of a Saturday or Sunday morning and watching a bit of football from the comfort of their bed.

I know there's a lot of questions regarding pricing and a few negative comments about the whole thing but if you're not gonna use the service then is there any real point in complaining about it?

A lot of people like myself who do have a multiroom subscription with Sky will most likely love the idea of Sky on your Xbox.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

27th october is the release. I don't think you can watch too much live. Just the same as what you can watch on their website. And for those who don't have sky tv you can still with ms points.

Will be great if you can watch live matches etc. hope so.

ROC1977 wrote: »
    27th october is the release. I don't think you can watch too much live. Just the same as what you can watch on their website. And for those who don't have sky tv you can still with ms points.

Will be great if you can watch live matches etc. hope so.

It's just football that I'd like to watch live really. Couldn't give a toss about the other channels really tbh. Although SSN might be nice to have.

Here's the live channel list.
    • G.O.L.D
    • Sky Real Lives
    • Sky Arts 1
    • Sky Movies 1 & 2
    • Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 and Xtra
    • Sky Sports News
    • British Eurosport
    • ESPN
    • ESPN Classic
    • Sky News
    • National Geographic
    • National Geographic Wild
    • History
    • Eden
    • Cartoon Network
    • Boomerang
    • Disney Channel
    I assume that ESPN is only available to those who are currently subscribing for it.

Sky 1 isn't live unfortunately but the majority of it's programs will be available via the on demand feature.

Just found the price if you're not a Sky subscriber.

Even if you are not a Sky digital customer, you can now subscribe to Sky Player TV from £15/€18 a month for the Entertainment Pack. This includes the live broadcast of over 20 channels including National Geographic, ESPN Classic, G.O.L.D. and Disney Channel. You are also entitled to the free content available from these channels. You can also choose to upgrade this package to include Sky's premium channels Sky Movies and Sky Sports, making a total of 21 live channels for your delectation. If you subscribe to Sky Multiroom account then you can watch all the live channels in your pack on your Xbox 360, at no extra cost! Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited customers can also watch Live TV on their Xbox 360's at no extra charge. All other Sky TV customers can subscribe to watch Live TV on Sky Player for £9.75/€14.75 a month.

Can you link to where you found that information That_Guy?

basquille wrote: »
    Can you link to where you found that information That_Guy?

Course. :)

http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/10/16/xbox-360-sky-tv-channels-and-prices-revealed

Cheers man.

Not too shabby.

Linking the 360 to my brother's Sky sub, here I come! :D

basquille wrote: »
    Cheers man.

Not too shabby.

Linking the 360 to my brother's Sky sub, here I come! :D

Not a problem mate. Hopefully it'll go off without a hitch. I'll probably not play a game ever again once this comes onto the 360.

I'll probably not play a game ever again once this comes onto the 360.
    How true!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I still think it's bull**** that I pay for xbox live gold and sky everything bar multiroom and they won't give me this - "cancellation" call soon.

mayordenis wrote: »
    I still think it's bull**** that I pay for xbox live gold and sky everything bar multiroom and they won't give me this - "cancellation" call soon.

Technically you can still get it but there's an extra charge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

It's just football that I'd like to watch live really. Couldn't give a toss about the other channels really tbh. Although SSN might be nice to have.

Here's the live channel list.
    • G.O.L.D
    • Sky Real Lives
    • Sky Arts 1
    • Sky Movies 1 & 2
    • Sky Sports 1, 2, 3 and Xtra
    • Sky Sports News
    • British Eurosport
    • ESPN
    • ESPN Classic
    • Sky News
    • National Geographic
    • National Geographic Wild
    • History
    • Eden
    • Cartoon Network
    • Boomerang
    • Disney Channel
    I assume that ESPN is only available to those who are currently subscribing for it.

Sky 1 isn't live unfortunately but the majority of it's programs will be available via the on demand feature.

Just found the price if you're not a Sky subscriber.

Even if you are not a Sky digital customer, you can now subscribe to Sky Player TV from £15/€18 a month for the Entertainment Pack. This includes the live broadcast of over 20 channels including National Geographic, ESPN Classic, G.O.L.D. and Disney Channel. You are also entitled to the free content available from these channels. You can also choose to upgrade this package to include Sky's premium channels Sky Movies and Sky Sports, making a total of 21 live channels for your delectation. If you subscribe to Sky Multiroom account then you can watch all the live channels in your pack on your Xbox 360, at no extra cost! Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited customers can also watch Live TV on their Xbox 360's at no extra charge. All other Sky TV customers can subscribe to watch Live TV on Sky Player for £9.75/€14.75 a month.
    Unfortunately it costs even more if you want Sky Movies and Sky Sports. Its a ridiculous price, something like €43 for the entertainment channels, Sports and Movies.

Edit: Here's a list of the prices (under offer details).http://skyplayer.sky.com/watch/theashes/
    Although these prices are a little off, as this was published during the summer when there was a discount on the Sky Sports package. This is the best I could find, for some reason Sky don't make their prices clear for the packages.

Edit2: Scratch that. Here's the up to date prices: http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/online-live-tv.html Not worth the price IMO.

Advertisement