Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

The couple of times I have used Sky Player its been perfect. This should be really good on the Xbox for things like movies on demand. I already have a Sky sub so no need to pay anymore and if theres nothing on the movie channels in the early hours just go into this and watch something instantly.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

Aye will be really looking forward to this

a little off topic

but I have sky everything basically HD, sports, movies, espn the whole shebang really but I can't watch say live sky sports on my PC - tells me I need multiroom is that true? I though it was free on 1 pc or some such

Live sports on Sky Player requires a multiroom sub or you can pay an extra fee to watch live sports on the Sky Player if you only have a normal sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

neacy69 wrote: »
    Off Topic: Can you use the sky player for the web while abroad?

If so then I could use the sky player for the xbox while I am abroad which would be excellent....

Didn't see anyone answer this but no, not unless you connect through an Irish proxy. Possibly a UK IP would work but I doubt it off an Irish sub.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I love the idea of having live chat with others when watching football etc. Really good idea.

Can't wait for this. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

Makaveli wrote: »
    Didn't see anyone answer this but no, not unless you connect through an Irish proxy. Possibly a UK IP would work but I doubt it off an Irish sub.

Thanks!

I really wish someone would set up an Irish proxy....would be so helpful for rte.ie and rte player aswell as this...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I was really hoping you could watch live football on this. I'm already a sky subscriber but I dont have multiroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Moiph wrote: »
    I was really hoping you could watch live football on this. I'm already a sky subscriber but I dont have multiroom.

Ii do. :)

Add me as a friend and I'll give you a running commentary. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Moiph wrote: »

You dont need multiroom if you have a sky subscription this will work as your multiroom box.

But to watch live sports currently on Sky Player you need a multi room sub or pay an extra fee to allow you watch live sport on Sky Player if you dont want a multi room sub.

I have the full Sky sub at home with no multi room and cannot view live sport on Sky Player and will not be able to view live sport when Sky comes to the Xbox unless I pay a monthly fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,384 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

There's a new page on XBox.com (and saw an Ad on Telly yesterday).
    http://www.xbox.com/en-ie/skyplayer/

I think you just need gold sub + Sky player subscription, which I think you can sign up for a month at a time
    - http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/online-live-tv.html shows the packages for Non-Sky Subscribers ...
    - http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/sky-tv.html shows the info for Sky subscribers

The Info about Multiroom as a requirement for Sky Sports / Movies isn't very clear to me, though, even after reading the site a couple of times...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭mailrewop

are they the prices that ill have to pay for sky on my xbox, id like the sports and movie pack but i dont think id pay €60 a month

The Info about Multiroom as a requirement for Sky Sports / Movies isn't very clear to me, though, even after reading the site a couple of times...

Seems pretty clear to me:
    Sky TV customers with Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited can watch up to 24 channels, including Sky Sports, live online. The live channels available for you to watch for free on Sky Player correspond to the channels that are part of your Sky TV subscription.

If you're not already subscribed to Sky Multiroom or Sky Broadband Unlimited, you can now subscribe to Sky Player Multiroom and watch channels live online for only £9.75/ €14.75 per month. You can subscribe for as little as one month, and there's no need for additional set top boxes or installation fees.

Movies are different as they are on demand so as long as you have Movies in your existing Sky sub you can watch them online. Live TV requires the above.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

How much is the sky player subscription? (not the multiroom sub) Doesn't say it on any of those links.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

bucks73 wrote: »
    Seems pretty clear to me:

Movies are different as they are on demand so as long as you have Movies in your existing Sky sub you can watch them online. Live TV requires the above.
    Same for the web player so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I have Multiroom, but not Sky Sports. Can I still watch it on the Xbox? That would be pretty feckin' sweet!

AdMMM wrote: »
    I have Multiroom, but not Sky Sports. Can I still watch it on the Xbox? That would be pretty feckin' sweet!

Nope. You can only view live what is covered by your existing Sky sub.

The TV channels with live broadcasts can be found here:
    http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/sky-live-tv.html

If you subscribe to any of them already and have a multiroom sub then you can watch them live on your Xbox at no extra cost.

ShaneU wrote: »
    How much is the sky player subscription? (not the multiroom sub) Doesn't say it on any of those links.

Sure does. All the prices are here:
    http://skyplayer.sky.com/aboutskyplayer/online-live-tv.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

So basically this is ****e? Think I'll just get Mulitroom into my room so.

Its no more or less than the current Sky Player online. Exactly what they said it would be.

• Advertisement

Its no more or less than the current Sky Player online. Exactly what they said it would be.

Aye but at least the online player has a benefit in that you can watch it at work etc., this is next to pointless for a lot of people, especially in comparison with BBC iPlayer on the PS3 for those in Britain.

But some of arent in Britain. ;):D

I think I will use it. Im usually up late watching movies if not on gaming so if theres nothing on the movie channels there should always be something decent to watch on demand for free.

But some of arent in Britain. ;):D

I think I will use it. Im usually up late watching movies if not on gaming so if theres nothing on the movie channels there should always be something decent to watch on demand for free.

I'm not in Britain but seems to me MS really dropped the ball on this.
    Haven't watched Sky Movies since the whole channel line-up revamp tbh.

Not really up to MS. Its Skys product to do with as they wish.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

I'm assuming the sky player sub is basically the same as the multiroom sub.

So I have to pay €15 a month to watch it on my 360, on top of the €70 I already pay a month, screw that.

ShaneU wrote: »

Its all in there.

If you have a sky sub already then the Sky Player on the 360 costs nothing extra to watch on demand content.

If you want to watch live TV then you have to pay the multiroom sub of €14.75 per month.

What you can actually watch still depends on what kind of Sky sub you currently have. If you dont have Sky Sports in your current sub you will not be able to view live sports on the 360 even after paying for multiroom.

For example, I have the full Sky sub but no multiroom so I will only be able to watch on demand content such as movies, TV shows, docus and sports highlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭ella87

Saw an advert for the sky player on rte must be coming soon...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

ella87 wrote: »
    Saw an advert for the sky player on rte must be coming soon...

For Sky Player generally or on Xbox 360 (which I doubt)?

It's already available here on the web

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Its all in there.

If you have a sky sub already then the Sky Player on the 360 costs nothing extra to watch on demand content.

If you want to watch live TV then you have to pay the multiroom sub of €14.75 per month.

What you can actually watch still depends on what kind of Sky sub you currently have. If you dont have Sky Sports in your current sub you will not be able to view live sports on the 360 even after paying for multiroom.

For example, I have the full Sky sub but no multiroom so I will only be able to watch on demand content such as movies, TV shows, docus and sports highlights.

From what I read on the pages linked above though, as a non-Sky subscriber, I can get the sports channels for €50 a month on the Xbox.

It looked like there were a few BBC channels listed as free to everyone on one of the pages as well with the BBC iPlayer logo beside them.

• Advertisement

I see the pack for €50 for all sports channels but doubt very much BBC iPlayer will be available to us in Ireland. Page seems to be catering for UK and Ireland so I suppose they include iPlayer details for UK customers.

Advertisement