Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky Player

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

I updated mine today. I taught facebook was meant to be on it or is that on another update?

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

finno wrote: »
    I updated mine today. I taught facebook was meant to be on it or is that on another update?

Totally different mate.

Sky should be in the Video Marketplace. Just download it and play it.

Facebook and Twitter I think are out on November 17th unless you're in the preview program.

Don't quote me on that date but I think I may have read it somewhere a little while ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Has this being pulled again? No sign of it in the video marketplace.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Has this being pulled again? No sign of it in the video marketplace.

Ditto!!

• Registered Users Posts: 755 ✭✭✭finno

That_Guy wrote: »
    Totally different mate.

Sky should be in the Video Marketplace. Just download it and play it.

Facebook and Twitter I think are out on November 17th unless you're in the preview program.

Don't quote me on that date but I think I may have read it somewhere a little while ago.

Thanks Mate

No sky on mine just sorry for the delay

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Y.N.W.A

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,442 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Love to know what is going on.....started my xbox, nothing in the Video Marketplace just have the apology in 'Inside Xbox'.

Also, has anyone had trouble accessing content since the last update?

I'm getting lots of errors when trying to access info about movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Same here.Also when checking in the movie section yesterday, there were a load of movies that haven't been released yet(one of hem was definately House of the Devil) up for download, but unaccessable.
    Reckon alot of the fault actually lies with sky on this and not microsoft from the different things I've been reading on the interweb.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Nothing on mine either, picked up Forza 3 today so that should keep me occupied for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,331 ✭✭✭naughto

Like having a kettle without any cups.
    lol.its coming up on mine as tech isues cant even download it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Argh, still getting the "We're Sorry" screen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭Davexirl

bigkev49 wrote: »
    Argh, still getting the "We're Sorry" screen.

Same for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Small consolation if it's not online by this evening!

Been reading rumours on the Net that Sky Player is going to the PS3 next..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

Saw an ad for this last night and looked into it. Apparently it was launched on Tuesday but suspended due to problems.

Says you can watch live sky stations, along as you have a sky account, or pay a subscription.

Anyone get to try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭Vim Fuego

I downloaded the update the other day and now my xbox has gotten an E74 error. Off to microsoft it goes.....

Enjoy the Sky Player, hopefully it's working ok by the time I get my console back. I'm impressed by the footage I've seen on youtube so far though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Davexirl wrote: »
    Same for me.

Same here, just have the sorry for the delay tab.

But I can get into through the download history. I have to say unless you have the movies sub and/or multiroom....The sky player doesn't offer a lot.

I have a sky sub without the movies, and browsing through the sky player last night there was F all I would bother watching. There is a very limited selection of TV programs to watch.

Under Documentaries, I found a program I was going to sit down and watch, selected it and it said rent for 1.20something, even though I have the documentaries as part of my sky sub. So I just went back to playing games on my xbox....Might ring sky and cancel my sub altogether now, as there is feck all on it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Vim Fuego wrote: »
    I downloaded the update the other day and now my xbox has gotten an E74 error. Off to microsoft it goes.....

Enjoy the Sky Player, hopefully it's working ok by the time I get my console back. I'm impressed by the footage I've seen on youtube so far though.

Ouch. If it's not working by the time you get your console back then it will officially go down as the worst launch thing ever!!!

Having said that, it's working for me. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

Ouch. If it's not working by the time you get your console back then it will officially go down as the worst launch thing ever!!!

Having said that, it's working for me. :D

HOW???

• Registered Users Posts: 43,834 ✭✭✭✭Basq

heymayo wrote: »
    HOW???
    Service has resumed for a lot of people who got the Sky Player before it taken offline

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

it will officially go down as the worst launch thing ever!!!

I think maybe the Titanic or the Hindenburg have that title.

That said it was a poor launch, and it actually a poor product IMO unless you have a sky sub with multiroom already or are willing to pay more.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Ravage1616

CKWPORT wrote: »
    I think maybe the Titanic or the Hindenburg have that title.

That said it was a poor launch, and it actually a poor product IMO unless you have a sky sub with multiroom already or are willing to pay more.

Thats true, but very handy if you all ready pay for it! Just want them to hurry up so i can give it a try.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,388 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

It's working for me - not a sky subscriber - I downloaded it on Wednesday (got errors), and it started working on Thursday.

I have to like the irony of some of the wording in it. If you try to view some content on the on Demand channel, it says "You must subscribe to watch this content for free"

Should we advise them to check out the meanings of 'Free' and 'Subscribe' in the dictionary? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭Sheepy99

or TIS it?:O

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Still nothing on the dashboard for me, such crap really, all we want is a date instead of having to check every few hours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 conor09

why do they have crappy live channels lol all thats ever on thats worth watchin is a football match on sky or faulty towers on GOLD . nothin ever on mtv nowadays

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭ragg

Never anything to watch on MTV? someone obviously never heard of "the hills"

Or to a lesser extent, the city

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Is registration on the Skyplayer website working again? - I tried yesterday - but after entering a pageful of information *then* it tells me that registrations are currently disabled and to try again later - ffs why can't they tell you that before you've spent 5 mins filling in their poxy form.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭Gone Drinking

ragg wrote: »

Where's the dislike button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

pH wrote: »
    Is registration on the Skyplayer website working again? - I tried yesterday - but after entering a pageful of information *then* it tells me that registrations are currently disabled and to try again later - ffs why can't they tell you that before you've spent 5 mins filling in their poxy form.

Was working fine for me last night so presume its all back working ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭Dman001

I'm currently a Sky subscriber and Sky is telling me that I can sign up for there Live TV service for €7.50 a month, rather than €18 for non-subscribers. Does the €7.50 include Sky Movies Screen 1 & 2 (I dont have Sky movies in my current Sub.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

ragg wrote: »

If that's not sarcasm....please....just.....die.....slowly.

Advertisement