Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah & Steve

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 HoolaHoops

This Sarah and Steve is terrible stuff. I know there trying to be entertaining and that but I think it's a bit OTT and unfair to people from Killinarden and west tallaght to be depicted like that there on this evenings episode. 3 kids, 3 fathers etc. You can tell neither of the two actors are from west tallaght anyway. It's easy pick on the vulnerable really. :confused:They're putting on Dublin accents. Car crash stuff and not in the least bit funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

HoolaHoops wrote: »
    This Sarah and Steve is terrible stuff. I know there trying to be entertaining and that but I think it's a bit OTT and unfair to people from Killinarden and west tallaght to be depicted like that there on this evenings episode. 3 kids, 3 fathers etc. You can tell neither of the two actors are from west tallaght anyway. It's easy pick on the vulnerable really. :confused:They're putting on Dublin accents. Car crash stuff and not in the least bit funny.

Not sure exaltly were either actor is from but he isn't putting Tallaght accent on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

What a terrible,overacted piece o shiite:mad::mad:

I'm probably way off but i'm getting the impression you didn't like it :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Shane10

last night was a good episode, funny. and sarah seems to be getting hotter week by week...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭trisodioum

thats gas! puttin on a tallaght accent... think there both from tallaght!
    i like it... few funny momments... beats emmerdale anyday :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Eh, for starters it's not set in Killinarden, and secondly, both actors are from Tallaght, west soide. If you actually knew west Tallaght you're realise that their little asides and stories are all dead on and obviously have local knowledge. I think it's yourself who obviously is not from Tallaght.

I'm from west Tallaght, why therefore am I vulnerable ? Maybe you can open up a bank account for people to lodge money in for poor eejits like myself who are down trodden upon, need someone else to stand up for us and can't make our own way in the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭damienmcd

Only discovered this last week.
    Absolutely hilarious!

Possibly the best show on Irish television at the moment.

And Sarah is gorgeous which also helps!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Am I the only one to find this extremely frustrating to watch and not funny?

(I'm guessing only people from Dublin find this show funny from previous posts)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

Dean820 wrote: »

im from dublin and i think its a load of shite (as stated in a previous post of mine)

Jip wrote: »
    Eh, for starters it's not set in Killinarden, and secondly, both actors are from Tallaght, west soide. If you actually knew west Tallaght you're realise that their little asides and stories are all dead on and obviously have local knowledge. I think it's yourself who obviously is not from Tallaght.

I'm from west Tallaght, why therefore am I vulnerable ? Maybe you can open up a bank account for people to lodge money in for poor eejits like myself who are down trodden upon, need someone else to stand up for us and can't make our own way in the world.

I'm simply making the point that, typically RTE are demonising Tallaght again. I don't think it does it's national reputation any good. Even more importantly however, the acting is terrible, well in fairness the guy's acting isn't too bad but the script makes me cringe. It's just not funny. I know Tallaght very well indeed!

• Advertisement

It's not demonising Tallaght, it hits the mark spot on. How easily offended are you, particularly as you're not actually from Tallaght.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

Well RTE needs to cater for the majority of the population!

I love Sarah and Steve. I think it has an excellent engaging story which keeps you hooked for the 15 or so minutes it's on. My favourite episode was the trip to Electric Picnic!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I'm simply making the point that, typically RTE are demonising Tallaght again. I don't think it does it's national reputation any good. Even more importantly however, the acting is terrible, well in fairness the guy's acting isn't too bad but the script makes me cringe. It's just not funny. I know Tallaght very well indeed!

Steve in an interview said that he was asked to write about the Northside and he said he knew nothing about the Northside and asked to write about Tallaght instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

I'm simply making the point that, typically RTE are demonising Tallaght again.

How are they demonising Tallaght?

The two characters could be from anywhere in the country going by what they experience. They just happen to be from Tallaght but are telling stories that most young people can relate to.

It's not demonising Tallaght, it hits the mark spot on. How easily offended are you, particularly as you're not actually from Tallaght.

Yea, I'm a dub alright, originally from the Tallaght area with lots of mates and family still there, but I livie in Crumlin now. Still a rubbish show though in my humble opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Seems to be the only people offended by the setting and content are people that aren’t from Tallaght. I’ve lived there all my life (my brother was in the same class as Emmet Kirwan who plays Steve in school) and it’s spot on. The old adage it’s funny because it’s true has never been more apt.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,870 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I'm from Limerick, and was introduced to this show by another Limerick lad who's now living near Ballymun. We both think it's the funniest Irish comedy in a very, very long time.
    There's a lot of over-sensitivity in this thread. It's perfectly fine to not enjoy it, but to bring social politics and media-bias arguments into it is ridiculous :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Anyone see the actors on the Afternoon show or somethin like that today?

After them explaining the concept of the show (like Dan and Becks, set in Tallaght), one of the presenters said "So it's like a Northside version of Dan and Becks?" :o

F*cking moron

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

Well we await patiently for the culchie version 'Paddy and Mary' next year ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's complete drivel.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 20,650 CMod ✭✭✭✭amdublin

It's not demonising Tallaght, it hits the mark spot on.

After watching S&S and now finding out that it hits the mark spot on with Tallaght.
    Note to self: Never move to Tallaght

Good, they wouldn't want people like yourself there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 turbopablo

Last episode last night :(. I thought this was one of the best things on RTE in years. Have lived in Tallaght/Firhouse for 10 years and have many friends there too. Thought it was pretty accurate. Would like to see more.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DupsTheKid

I'm from Waterford and still think its one of the best things from rte in years. It's hillarious!

So was last night really the last episode?:( Surely they cant leave it end the way it did?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,989 ✭✭✭TheMilkyPirate

robbie_998 wrote: »
    well after watching 3 episodes in under 30mins, i can safely say that it is a big load of boll*x !!!

Sarah & Steve are NOT their actual names,

they have a director to tell them what to be doing,

they have script writers to write everything for them, so everything they say is complete BS.

and after looking at it im convinced that sarah & steve have never actually met each other in person.

This show is a complete train wreck and should be done away with :mad:

Please god tell me your not serious.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Thought the same myself. It's a shame that he couldn't figure out it wasn't a documentary...or how fictional television works...in 3 episodes.

Nice to know he could read the credits though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

I thought this show was great,far better than the Dan and becks one and actually funny... which dan and becks failed in.

PS the girl playing Sarah is so so so HOT. Im actually secretly in love now (dont tell steve :p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

baraca wrote: »
    Please god tell me your not serious.

yes im serious !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,981 ✭✭✭Genghis

Brilliant show, well scripted, well acted and very realistic. Am from Tallaght, will miss it.

• Advertisement

Yeah, impressed with the show, the ending was really poignant and nicely done,
    did she or didn't she go ?
    My wife was really into it also.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement