Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sarah & Steve

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

This program is great if you're middle/upper class and want to laugh at working class Dublin stereotypes or if your working class and don't realise the piss is being taken out of you.

Worked the exact same way with Dan and Becks but just the other way around.

Some people from Tallaght etc. say, Deadly, Gaff, yokes and rapid, yeah we get it hillarious! There's a reason why this crap is only on for 10 minutes at a time, there's only show many "jokes" you can squeeze out of a handfull of phrases.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

This program is great if you're middle/upper class and want to laugh at working class Dublin stereotypes or if your working class and don't realise the piss is being taken out of you.

God forbid that there are working class people who can laugh at themselves whilst actually getting the fact that the humour is at their expense. Surely they are all to thick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

I just watched it. Its actually fantastic. So so funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

well after watching 3 episodes in under 30mins, i can safely say that it is a big load of boll*x !!!

Sarah & Steve are NOT their actual names,

they have a director to tell them what to be doing,

they have script writers to write everything for them, so everything they say is complete BS.

and after looking at it im convinced that sarah & steve have never actually met each other in person.

This show is a complete train wreck and should be done away with :mad:

God forbid that there are working class people who can laugh at themselves whilst actually getting the fact that the humour is at their expense. Surely they are all to thick.

I'm from a working class area in Dublin myself and i'm in my 20's so this
    sh!te should probably appeal to me, it doesn't as it's a lazilly written shoddy peice of work. It's the icing on the cake what is RTE's most pathetic monday night comedy line up in years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

A poor Sir Gallagher, do you have issues with being from a working class area or something ? As I've said before, so am I, and I've no idea why you brought age up, I'm in my mid thirties. It's a great piece of television, you seem to be in the minority.

And as for robie_998, I seriously hope that my sarcasm detector has been blown by your post, you can't be real, can you ?

Jip wrote: »
    A poor Sir Gallagher, do you have issues with being from a working class area or something ? As I've said before, so am I, and I've no idea why you brought age up, I'm in my mid thirties. It's a great piece of television, you seem to be in the minority.

And as for robie_998, I seriously hope that my sarcasm detector has been blown by your post, you can't be real, can you ?

I brought the age up as i would be the same age as the characters plus with the whole working class thing i would guess i'm supposed to identify with them, i don't, i guess i just see through it, it's really poor comedy played for cheap laughs. I can't take you seriously if you think this is great telivision.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

I brought the age up as i would be the same age as the characters plus with the whole working class thing i would guess i'm supposed to identify with them, i don't, i guess i just see through it, it's really poor comedy played for cheap laughs. I can't take you seriously if you think this is great telivision.

I don't think either character is hugely working class TBH, and with that Dan and Becks weren't all that upper class.

Anyway I think it is about 50% on here for this show. I never said it was Laugh out loud funny but it isn't all that bad either.

I remain in the middle on this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Volvagia

Having only watched it on youtube I think its great, 3rd episode kept me laughing as well.

If I watched it on tv maybe I wouldn't think it was as good. As a series of webisodes i think the quality is there but maybe if I were a tv licence paying resident in ireland I would be expecting a bit more.

Volvagia wrote: »
    If I watched it on tv maybe I wouldn't think it was as good. As a series of webisodes i think the quality is there but maybe if I were a tv licence paying resident in ireland I would be expecting a bit more.

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭Liamario

I haven't watched the show, but if the tv spots are anything to go by, it looks like poo. "Damien bleedin' Rice...cakes" Ha ha ha ha ha ha- KILL ME!!!

Seriously though, is that supposed to be funny or even good writing? That joke wouldn't have been funny when I was ten and surely isn't going to be funny in my 20s

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

shiiiiiiiaaaattteeeeee

This thread does attract a lot of illiterates, must be the working class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Liamario wrote: »
    I haven't watched the show, but if the tv spots are anything to go by, it looks like poo. "Damien bleedin' Rice...cakes" Ha ha ha ha ha ha- KILL ME!!!

Seriously though, is that supposed to be funny or even good writing? That joke wouldn't have been funny when I was ten and surely isn't going to be funny in my 20s

Let's face it - the RTE promo department always put together sh*t ads. They could make the Wire look like crap.

Have a look at 1 episode, it's only 10 minutes long, and decide for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

Watched the first few episodes online expecting a train wreck but was pleasently surprised, this week's episode wasn't that great though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Beldarin

They are adorable!
    " I fuhging lurrve u youn fellah...."
    Who says romance is dead?

IMO: Fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭Ciaran B

He does a Dhalsim.

Anything with a SF2 reference is OK with me. Love this show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭dyl10

Hilarious show.
    Sarah is cracking as well!

"I could have been hairy aped"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Any pics of Sarah?

She's class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 tararararara

What a terrible,overacted piece o shiite:mad::mad:

• Advertisement

dyl10 wrote: »
    "I could have been hairy aped"

Myself and my wife cracked up laughing at that.

The show is quite well researched actually, I wonder where in Tallaght the actress who plays Sarah is from because of alot of the local references ring true, such as the one the other night about the "new shops, Supervalu" as that's what it was known as in the area Sarah is supposed to be from.

Tararararara, yourself and your fan, Sir Gallagher, who feels he's been trod upon by the higher classes, should get the large boat right out of here.

Sir Gallagher, for someone who dislikes the show you spend a hell of a lot of time reading about it.

Dave! wrote: »
    Any pics of Sarah?

She's class.

careful now !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

What a terrible,overacted piece o shiite:mad::mad:

Still angry we didn't get the part then, are we? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭ih8northsiders

THEY DONT HAVE BRITISH ACCENTS SO IRISH PEOPLE WONT FIND THEM FUNNY

• Registered Users Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭el diablo

Yep, it's not bad. Definitely better than most of RTEs other efforts (eg Byrne Ultimatum). How many more episodes can we expect?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

Careful with the CAPSLOCK the mods don't like it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fixiepixie

omg! i have to say i tink its 1 of da funniest tings ive seen in ages, i cracked up! im 24 and hav lived in tallaght all my life and i tink the language and the way day go on is pretty spot on. i even got me da and all watchin it and he tinks its hilarious.:)
    i thought it was much better den dan n becs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 311 ✭✭2fivers

Yeah, that Father Ted was a load of sh*te , wasn't it...:rolleyes:

2fivers wrote: »

but father ted was brilliant :(:(:(

• Advertisement

2fivers wrote: »