Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries [US] **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,061 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Starting tonight on ITV2 at 9pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

Sweet, where can we find UK ratings?

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/02/05/tv-ratings-abc-edges-cbs-fox-mentalist-community-parks-office-30-rock-vampire-diaries-rise/41146

Ratings rise, not seen the latest ep. as yet...gonna have a tv viewing sess later in the am. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Another great episode. I really like how they are just letting us know enough to keep us interested, but there is always something to make you want to watch the next episode.

I kinda felt sorry for Damon in this one and you could see that Elena struggled lying to him too. So Anna has taken Elena, obviously to get Stefan to help Damon get Katherine and her Mum out of the tomb!

Aye, very solid ep. - cliffhanger at the end. I thought Nina played the vampire well, determined vamp expression on her face :-)

I like seeing backstory and how characters fit into place, like Anna...nice to see Kelly Hu again, i've always had a bit of a crush on her :-)

• Advertisement

Ep. 14 - yet another ace episode!, so Katherine is alive and well eh?...Damon was rather good in this ep,. he was devastated not to find Katherine in the tomb!....wonder what zombie/vamp at the end has to offer, or if he has a backstory?

When Elena said to damon they had a connection/understanding....hmmm, me thinks it's a bit more then that!, they have a connection alright...and it ain't platonic!

What'll be interesting is if/when Katherine is introduced because Nina will have to act out two roles at the same time, they'll do that whole split screen technique i bet.

Hiatus now for SIX weeks...bleedin nora!

Have to say this is definitely up there as one of my favourite episodes.

Totally agree Richard when Elena said that to Damon, there's definitely more of a connection than an "understanding" - Damon left the tomb only when Elena asked him to ;)

Poor Damon finding out that Katherine was alive and well and not giving a damn about him. Obviously he'll still go looking for her and I've been thinking that when Katherine comes back to Mystic Falls she's not going to take too kindly to Elena. I bet Damon some how has to save Elena over Katherine, something like that.

It was a great episode to start the hiatus on even though I really wish there wasn't a fecking hiatus !!!

Roll on March 25th then!

The CW has extended early full-season renewals to Supernatural, Gossip Girl, 90210, The Vampire Diaries, and America’s Next Top Model.

source

While good news indeed...hardly a surprise, it's The CW's best performer.

• Advertisement

David Anders will soon take up residence in Mystic Falls.
    The 28-year-old actor has been added to the cast of Vampire Diaries as Jonathan Gilbert, Elena (Nina Dobrev) and Jeremy's uncle. The show previously introduced an older Jonathan Gilbert in a flashback, but a rep for the show says this is an entirely different character.
    The present-day Jonathan Gilbert will first appear in the April 15 episode and will recur throughout the season.

Eh?...but they both have the same name?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 shakeyabonbon

hi everybody, first time replying to a forum. my friends and i cannot decide whether damon or stefan is more awesome. any ideas?

I'm liking Damon more and more...Stefan is verging on boring, i bet Elena will hook up with Damon in time. She seems to be getting closer to him and with the new revelation about Katherine i think Damon will want to be closer to Elena.

I think he see's Katerine in Elena and wants that connection.

i am definitely leaning toward stefan because it seems that his heart is in the right place. however he seems melancholic and depressing at times. damon on the other hand has a cool badass cheeky thing going on that is very addictive. i think that damon liking elena cos he is reminded of katherine (the woman that broke his heart and has purposefully been living without contact for a hundred years or so) is wrong and the fact that he
    drank human blood while he was still human
    gross.

I suspect at some stage we'll see Katherine and Elena in the same episodes....which should be fun!

What happened to the whole story of the towns people going after the vampires?....that story just got dropped!

i think the townspeople think that all the vampires have been killed cos there havent been any bodies have there?
    i havent read the books cos apparently they are terrible. is that true?

dunno about the books, but they were written BEFORE the Twilight trash!

i used to love the twilight books but now they are annoying. i think robert pattinson ruined it for me. he is a bit of a soppy ponce. however i got back into the vampire thing by watching and reading true blood and have subsequently become infatuated with vampire diaries through a friend. i love the soundtrack. but seriously, twilight now sucks. except for taylor lautner. he is a little bit cool.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Wheeloflight

Personally, I loved Twilight, and I have watched the entire first season of TVD and thought it was very good indeed. Obviously Ian Somerhalder factors into my attention span quite heavily, but even aside from this I think it's a decent show, especially coming so closely on the back of the Twilight Saga..

^ nice to see more ppl appreciate the show, hopefully we'll see more posters now that it's airing in the UK.

WOO!....brand new eps. return to the US tonight, it's gonna be fun! :-)

It's been six weeks since the last original episode aired way back on Feb. 11, but the wait appears to be worth it. Tonight, Damon is selected to be one of Mystic Falls few good men to take part in a bachelor raffle to raise money for the town.

oooh im all excited!

Excellent ep.! - twas jam packed with plots and twists...i'll have to watch it again to take it all in!, two thumbs up for Melinda Clarke!....drunk mom, great!

Damon was on top form in this ep. - he was just evil on that stage though, gloating about Saltzman's wife, but that's the thing with Damon.....i kinda love/hate him doing stuff like that.

i cant help but think it is starting to get a little boring. it may just be cos they are putting too much time between the episodes. however what is going on with alaric? the story is just getting more and more complicated. what are the chances about isabel?

I agree they are introducing multiple plot points now, and it can become confusing. Isobel is a vamp, possibly related to Katherine?....and Alric is immune from death?

Then you have Kelly Hu and them other vamps, dunno....i'm just watching :-)

it wasnt an attack or anything just a question. sorry.

• Advertisement

^ i never took your comments as an attack :-)
    I think things will become more clear in the next ep. or two.

Advertisement