Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vampire Diaries [US] **SPOILERS**

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

basquille wrote: »
    "My freaking ears!" :eek:

:o thing is right, if you've watched Kyle XY you'll know Julie Plec is a good writer....she wrote some excellent XY episodes. Williamson....He has a long DC pedigree.

I think it will take a few more eps. for things to kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,781 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I do think Kevin Williamson is largely a decent writer..

.. but this show is gonna need more than good writing to save it!

It dosen't seem to have a very big budget, clearly filmed in Canada. Does anyone know the source material?...as in the books?, is there alot of material for them to use?

Won't they introduce more vampires?, what might be interesting is a female vixen vampire, someone who's the ex of one of the vamps and tries to screw up the lovefest with the Avril Levine lookalike....lol, i don't even know the characters names yet :-)

Ep.3 - i enjoyed that....the benchmark for a show is if it keeps me interested and wanting to see the next ep., this show is....so i'm liking it and sticking with it.

The CW have picked up a further 9 episodes of TVD....so assuming they got an initial 13 ep. order they have a full season now on order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I got 12mins into the 3rd episode before I turned it off,and I'm fairly certain that's the last of this shockingly bad show for me.

The 12mins I did see involved "the vampire" trying out for the high school football team to impress the girl. This was after a teacher got into a "who has the longest dick" competition with "vampire" boy in class. :rolleyes:

Pathetic show.

vampire is in bold and underlined because this is not a vampire show and its an insult to the genre imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,082 ✭✭✭lostexpectation

just reading this their target demo is supposedly 18-49? and 18-34?

are they expecting lots of 49yrs old to watch this?

are these really made for people older then 18yrs old? sure i watched the first few series' of smallville.. but aren't show usually roughly aimed at the age of the people in the series ie under 18

don't they get number for unders 18s

The target demo is young women, it says 18-34, but in reality the demo is young middle class white girls with lots of disposible income.

They don't list under 18 info for legal reasons, but you can bet a large portion of their audience are 13+

Come on guys, fess up.....great twist at the end!
    Now some of the towns people are wise to the vampire brothers and are out to get them!
    There is obviously alot of backstory to come, all going back 150 years.

What i loved was that scene where one of the brothers mentioned Twilight, saying Edward was whipped and even the whole glowing in sunlight, then going on to explain how the whole book had it wrong, great stuff!

It's holding my interest well, i do feel there is more backstory to be told, with this new twist it could get interesting!

Holding strong in the ratings: Vampire Diaries held steady with a 1.7 18-49 demo, slipped slightly in overall adults 18-34 (1.65 rating vs. 1.75, but was up a tenth of a ratings point with CW’s target women 18-34 demo (2.65 vs. 2.55 ratings) and was second in that demo for the hour behind only ABC.

• Advertisement

Come on guys, fess up.....great twist at the end!
    Now some of the towns people are wise to the vampire brothers and are out to get them!
    There is obviously alot of backstory to come, all going back 150 years.

What i loved was that scene where one of the brothers mentioned Twilight, saying Edward was whipped and even the whole glowing in sunlight, then going on to explain how the whole book had it wrong, great stuff!

It's holding my interest well, i do feel there is more backstory to be told, with this new twist it could get interesting!

I think you are the only one still watching! :P

It's a huge hit!!!!!!!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/09/the-vampire-diaries-is-number-one/30091

The latest episode was the best of the season, great stuff!!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/09/the-vampire-diaries-up-100-year-to-year-with-women-18-34/30066

VD haters need to wake up....this is a monster show!, y'all need to sit down and give it serious viewing consideration.

It's a huge hit!!!!!!!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/09/the-vampire-diaries-is-number-one/30091

The latest episode was the best of the season, great stuff!!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/09/the-vampire-diaries-up-100-year-to-year-with-women-18-34/30066

VD haters need to wake up....this is a monster show!, y'all need to sit down and give it serious viewing consideration.

Get a grip! Monster show? you kidding me? Its ratings are good for the CW,whose best ratings are far behind any other network. Its audience is mostly teenage girls,that's who is watching it. You think because a show has good ratings that it is a good show? Give me a break. American Idol is the top rated show in the Us with over 30million viewers a week and its a pile of crap.

Next ep. looks good....this show is building fanbase and ratings week-by-week!, think Boardsies need to jump on board! :-)

tvnutz wrote: »
    Get a grip! Monster show? you kidding me? Its ratings are good for the CW,whose best ratings are far behind any other network. Its audience is mostly teenage girls,that's who is watching it. You think because a show has good ratings that it is a good show? Give me a break. American Idol is the top rated show in the Us with over 30million viewers a week and its a pile of crap.

I've said many times i am NOT a vampire lover, hate the genre in general....but this show is keeping me engaged and enjoying it :)

Nina Dobrev is stunning looking..... :eek:

I've said many times i am NOT a vampire lover, hate the genre in general....but this show is keeping me engaged and enjoying it :)

Nina Dobrev is stunning looking..... :eek:

Well I mentioned nothing about vampires,clearly the show keeps you interested because you watch(ed) the hills,one tree hill the oc etc,basically all that is wrong with television!

"i think i know what can help you.....death" , !!!!!!! O-M-G!!!....what a shocker, cold and totally unexpected!!

This ep. had......backstory!!!, 1864, we're now getting all the juicy stuff. Excellent episode written by Williamson and Plec. Kayla Ewel is hot!!....i remember her from The OC, Damon has now made her one of the undead :-)

Really good ep. with lots of plot and story.

tvnutz wrote: »
    Well I mentioned nothing about vampires,clearly the show keeps you interested because you watch(ed) the hills,one tree hill the oc etc,basically all that is wrong with television!

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

:rolleyes::cool:

It's getting MORE popular by the week!!!!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/10/16/tv-ratings-thursday-30-rock-premieres-down-sharply-vampire-diaries-hits-highs/30547

The Vampire Diaries party continues at the CW as the show was up 0.2 adults 18-49 ratings points vs. last week. Supernatural was up a fraction in adults 18-49 from last week.

Great news, builds week-on-week not only with young girls but adults, monster hit for The CW!!!
    This show is NOT a teen Twilight lovefest, it's got action, shocks and drama!!.....latest ep. had alot to offer, incl. backstory.

We'll see more of this in coming weeks, there is a big backstory and arc to be explored, if you watch the latest ep. it was Caroline that turned the brothers into Vampires!!!!

• Advertisement

I think I'll keep responding to this thread for a while otherwise you will jsut be talking to yourself Richard. :) Look back and you might notice if I hadn't made a few posts,it would have been all you.

First I am going to say,this is a Twilight teen girl nonsense fest. Twilight has action and drama but also has the stupid annoying teen love story nonsense which takes over the entire theme,as does VD.

Secondly,the point I made in the last post was it doesn't matter how big the ratings are,ratings do not make a show good. In their prime CSI and Grey's Anatomy were hitting 25 million viewers a week and I consider those shows to be pure drivel,typical run of the mill network shows.

Supernatural is dark,dritty and well written. It is intelligent and can actually freak you out a lot of the time. It is also humourous and not in anyway lovey-dovey crap that you see in most shows. Sam and Dean are brothers but there are never any scenes were the have a heart to heart and say they love each other,all the while some sappy music playing in the background. Its the opposite of that. And that is why its ratings aren't as big,because teen girls don't like that. :rolleyes:

I think CSI Vegas is a quality and well written show....how can you beat The Miniature Killer????????
    All i'm saying is....give it a shot, there are six ep. now, enough to make up your mind.

I think CSI Vegas is a quality and well written show....how can you beat The Miniature Killer????????
    All i'm saying is....give it a shot, there are six ep. now, enough to make up your mind.

I gave it a shot,3 episodes,and it was far to painful to watch. Not one redeeming feature.

IMO,CSI,all of them,are rubbish. You get the odd half decent arc,but its the same thing week after week after week. The dialogue is terrible and I'm fairly sure its quite easy to look around and find a better killer than the "minature" killer. Stupid premise for a killer. Already the new season of Dexter has a facinating killer in John Lithgow's Trinity,and we barely know that much about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

Great episode. I always thought that Damon was miscast but in this episode we did see a more grittier side to him and it was more believable.

I'm glad it's all out in the open now and, as suspected, it was Catherine who turned the brothers. I wonder how Elena will react when she finds out that she and Catherine look exactly the same.

I'm so glad that reporter guy is gone because he really annoyed me!

Damon was excellent, Kayla Ewell really played those scenes in the house really well....with her now a vampire out for blood and her being a hottie and losts of young guys about i foresee alot of blood sucking and seduction action coming.

Damon has this blase, don't give a crap/cold hearted attitude about him....when he snapped Kayla's neck i was like....woah!, totally unexpected!

I know, I jumped when he did that as I was not expecting it. I know it was slightly softened by the fact that she was dead in the sense of her becoming a vampire, but still.

Stefan thinks that Damon has no humanity left, but when his brother's "life" was in the balance he saved him. I know he said "If anyone is going to kill you it's me" but underneath it all I think Damon would be lost without Stefan.

Damon did say killing Elena didn'tr suit his agenda, same logic probably applies to Stefan. With Twilight rapidly approacing i think ratings will increase further.

That looks great!!....Nina Dobrev really is a stunner.

• Advertisement

God...there's two of them...;) :D

Advertisement