Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

4 month old going up into happy baby pose from yoga, lifting his little bum an extra bit and squeezing a proper manly fart out :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

nikpmup wrote: »
    Little man has a speech delay, and has been assessed by an SLT, but even the assessment process has made him try really hard to say big words. He looks at you, serious face, and says "eppalent" (elephant) and "nanamas" (pyjamas) Although I really want his speech to develop, a part of me never wants to stop hearing eppalent or nanamas! :D

And in further speech development action, his pronunciation of fork lift is fuuck ufft. Very hard to not laugh when I'm saying, yes, a fork lift! A big truck is of course biiig ffuuuck!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

nikpmup wrote: »
    And in further speech development action, his pronunciation of fork lift is fuuck ufft. Very hard to not laugh when I'm saying, yes, a fork lift! A big truck is of course biiig ffuuuck!
    my brother (now 44) could not say foot as a wee person, it was fcuk, so he had boots instead.

still makes me smile when I think about now.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Watching my just turned 3 year old drawing triangles with so much pride in my heart :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭Olishi4

I was with my niece early last Saturday morning. She's 4 and her friend called in to ask her to play in the garden.

Her mam said no because she had to get a shower first. She said "no mam, I want to go out and play. Showers are not my thing"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Olishi4 wrote: »
    I was with my niece early last Saturday morning. She's 4 and her friend called in to ask her to play in the garden.

Her mam said no because she had to get a shower first. She said "no mam, I want to go out and play. Showers are not my thing"

Reminds me of my 6 yr old nephew, he spotted a minecraft schoolbag in dunnes, and promptly exclaimed; "oh, this is happening!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

My youngest lad had speech therapy to help with the 'k' sound. Car was pronounced tar, cake was pronounced take, etc. The therapist would show him 2 pictures with the different sounds and ask him what they were. One such pair was a coffee cup and packet of toffees, so she asked "do you know anyone who drinks coffee?"
    He said "Yes, my mam does".
    Therapist says "What kind of sweets are these?"
    He says "Toffees".
    Therapist "Very good, now tell me again what does your mam drink?
    "Beer".

This was in a group session too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Subacio wrote: »
    My youngest lad had speech therapy to help with the 'k' sound. Car was pronounced tar, cake was pronounced take, etc. The therapist would show him 2 pictures with the different sounds and ask him what they were. One such pair was a coffee cup and packet of toffees, so she asked "do you know anyone who drinks coffee?"
    He says "Toffees".
    "Beer".

thats quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My daughters were in the park today with friends. I was calling them at the end to get read to leave and as usual I was being totally ignored. My 4 year olds friend turned to me and told me "maybe if you speak to them rather than shout at them they might listen"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My daughters were in the park today with friends. I was calling them at the end to get read to leave and as usual I was being totally ignored. My 4 year olds friend turned to me and told me "maybe if you speak to them rather than shout at them they might listen"

Oh oh *speechless*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

I have a vintage car, commonly known as as a Deek, when my 2yo grandson sees it he says, "look grandads dick".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 890 ✭✭✭audi12

TonyRomo wrote: »
    2 yr old running around a tree in the park, chasing some pigeons for about 80 seconds. He could never catch up with them, even though the tree wasnt even that long in diameter

You?

Dont have children so nothing really lol.

Took my 6yr old daughter to get her eyes checked.
    The optician did the usual, and there has 4 letters on the screen.
    'Now please read those 4 letters '
    My daughter looked at the screen.
    'Can you see the letters?'
    Yes I can
    'That's great can you read them for me please?'
    'But I have read them......... Oh do you mean you want me to call them out for you?'

Part of me laughed but I cringed hard too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Lisha wrote: »
    Took my 6yr old daughter to get her eyes checked.
    The optician did the usual, and there has 4 letters on the screen.
    'Now please read those 4 letters '
    My daughter looked at the screen.
    'Can you see the letters?'
    Yes I can
    'That's great can you read them for me please?'
    'But I have read them......... Oh do you mean you want me to call them out for you?'

Part of me laughed but I cringed hard too.
    Ah no, that's just funny and a bit cute. It'll teach the optician to be more articulate in the future :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Bubs sitting in my position on the floor reading a story to her doll who's tucked up tight in her bed :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Sister was on the phone. Had been in Galway city with the kids. Lots of buskers. The young lad, aged 7, asked was curious and asked his mother questions about them.
    Later on she couldn't find him....dashed out the gate to find him wrapped in a rug, sitting on the footpath with a ukelele and a big mug sat in front of him, strumming away and singing tunelessly.....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Subacio wrote: »
    He says "Toffees".
    "Beer".

He's been watching enough Simpsons :)

XeRanB-ill-just-have-a-cup-of-coffee-vK4s.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

My 4 year old explained to a random punter in the park today that we are not having any more babies and that Mum (pointing at me) has her period. I am still recovering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Me and the other mums were all standing outside supervising the kids playing. One of the mums let a shout at her daughter who was playing in the muck saying "you'll get dirty."

My 7yr old turns round to her and says "relax its just muck. It's no big deal like!" Mortified. The mums all cracked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Just had my first actual conversation with the wee girl (22 months)! :D

-Did you have fun at the playground?

-yeah

- what did you play on?

- SLIDES!!

- and?

- swing-swongs! and horseys!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,120 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Our dog had a burst ulcer on her back that the vet had to shave around to treat.
    My 4 year old just came in to tell me "guess what mam, Brook grew hair on her hole".
    I never had to try so hard to hold in a laugh in my life:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Every time I put something in the bin my 15 month old gives me a round of applause!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

My younger son got a great result in his Leaving Cert.

deisemum wrote: »
    My younger son got a great result in his Leaving Cert.

Delighted :)

Lisha wrote: »
    Delighted :)

We're delighted but he's gutted even though he got 165 points more than he needs going on last year's points. He has consistently gotten an A1 in one of his favourite subjects even in his mocks but only got a B3. He didn't even go out tonight with his classmates but went to his girlfriend's. Hopefully he'll be in better form tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

We're delighted but he's gutted even though he got 165 points more than he needs going on last year's points. He has consistently gotten an A1 in one of his favourite subjects even in his mocks but only got a B3. He didn't even go out tonight with his classmates but went to his girlfriend's. Hopefully he'll be in better form tomorrow.
    Would he get it rechecked? I didn't do as well in my english as I expected. It had always been my best subject. I know other people who got that paper rechecked and they got a better grade. I know it's silly but I still wish I had it rechecked :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Get him to check them all. It costs nothing to view and I've seen totting errors. The corrector is only human and there may be a mistake. There isn't often but it can happen. View them all and make a decision about a recheck with a teachers advice if possible. (Source: I'm a teacher)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Get him to check them all. It costs nothing to view and I've seen totting errors. The corrector is only human and there may be a mistake. There isn't often but it can happen. View them all and make a decision about a recheck with a teachers advice if possible. (Source: I'm a teacher)

Yep def view them. A friend of mine did less well then expected in physics and was gutted. Viewed paper and she'd misred a lot of questions. If you get them re marked you also run the risk of getting a lower score too

We will view them and then decide if to get them rechecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

My 2 year old son is at home all week from the creche, he wanted me to stay and play with him yesterday. Told him I had to go to work, he asks why, and I tell him so I can make money.

He came running to the door yesterday when I came home and roared at me "Did you make money today?"

Advertisement