Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

When we first moved into our new house, we used to put number 1 on the naughty step for his misdemeanours. This was a good punishment at the beginning, but then we got the stairs carpeted.

The next time we put him on the step, he sat down and said "mmm nice".

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Was putting my blue sports bra into my gym bag and my little girl asks
    Are you wearing blue boogies today? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

trixychic wrote: »
    Ha no as in what did you do that was bold?? The amount of times I was sat down on the flimsy plastic chair, given out to and left stunned is mad. Ha

I dont know what i did.But you know weird toddler logic.:D

Anyway i was in the kitchen yesterday and i turned around to ask the 6 and 5 year old something.There they are on the floor doing press ups.They do kick boxing now and they have to do press ups.It was so funny to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

My 3.5yr old was in a play centre on Wednesday and the lady at reception called out two boys names. My guy asked what they lady said on the loudspeaker and my husband explained that the two little boys wouldn't leave for their mam so the lady had to call them and ask them to leave. His response was 'OMG that's sooo embarrassing Dad' :):):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

a few months back we were having a meal in Kinara (Pakistani restaurant) and he was enjoying his korma , I offered him a bit of curry and he said : "No, it tickles in the mouth"...

:d

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My two were upstairs in time out (its been a long week), I was in the hall listening to them plot my downfall :( I should add they're only 4 and 2 1/2!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Shopping in the clothes dept in tesco with ds nearly 3. He spots a large billboard with a lady modelling underwear. At the top of his voice "ooh sexy lady!"..... mortified I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭undecided

Shopping in the clothes dept in tesco with ds nearly 3. He spots a large billboard with a lady modelling underwear. At the top of his voice "ooh sexy lady!"..... mortified I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

undecided wrote: »

Ha ha my boys say that but they got it from gangnam style song. They love it. Think it's hilarious to say. And shake their butts too.

undecided wrote: »

It gets worse:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

two and a half, collected him from creche

ME : "will we have pizza for dinner?"

HIM : eyes light up, laughs "Yeah....and a cheese dip sauce"

ME : :boggle: wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

'9year old: 'why did Hitler only have one tonsil Mom?'

Me :'what?'

Him: 6th class were singing a song in yard that Hitler only had one, our teacher said it about his tonsil. He must've been sick and they removed one.

Me: 'yeah that must be it'

Think that teacher deserves a Christmas present this year :)

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

I had the same.. only with garlic sauce. Never got garlic sauce before :/

Lisha wrote: »
    '9year old: 'why did Hitler only have one tonsil Mom?'

Me :'what?'

Him: 6th class were singing a song in yard that Hitler only had one, our teacher said it about his tonsil. He must've been sick and they removed one.

Me: 'yeah that must be it'

Think that teacher deserves a Christmas present this year :)

I do not get that. Ha. Kids are the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I do not get that. Ha. Kids are the best.

Hitler has only got one ball
    The other is in the Albert Hall
    His mother,
    The dirty bugger
    Cut it off when he was small
    Hess has got no balls at all
    Himmler had something similar
    But poor old Goebbals
    Had no balls at all
    Repeat, ad nauseum
    Version 2:
    His mother,
    The dirty bugger
    She put it, in a chestnut tree,
    And farted it way out to sea,
    Where the fishes,
    Cleaned the dishes,
    And had scollops,
    And bollocks for tea
    Repeat, ad nauseum
    yet another version goes:
    Hitler has only got one ball,
    The other is on the Berlin Wall
    (This was in the 1970s. A pleasing historical muddle)
    Version 3:
    Joseph has two but very small
    And Sambo, poor old Sambo
    Has got no-oo ba-aalls at all
    (Contributor's Note: "Sambo was the nickname of some kid whose surname was Samson, and not a racial slur at all")
    * = Note - some versions substitute Tarzan for Hitler
    For some reason people were still singing this in the 1980's!!
    Version 4:
    ... a variation from Peter:
    Goebbels has two but very small,
    Himmler has something similar
    But poor old Goering has nothing at all.
    Version 5:
    Geoff donated yet another variation:
    Goering has two but very small,
    But poor old Goebbells has no balls at all.
    Source: circa 1940's, UK (Wal.), US

We used to sing version 4 in school and I'm guessing that was what the older kids were singing in school. Teacher told younger kids that song was about tonsils (not testicles)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

I did a big adventure race recently, it was a huge effort for me. By the time I got home I had messages from people who hadn't known I was doing the race. My kids had told their friends who had in turn told their parents. I was so proud of my kids - older teens at that age when they are supposed to be parent hating, self centered teens. And they didn't even gave a house party in the free house they had for a whole weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

So my toddler has a speech delay. He's really been flying it the last few months. We've been keeping an ear out for 4 word sentences and 3 syllable words as he has none.
    We were at the zoo at the weekend and he got 2 small Dino teddies.
    This morning(6am) he calls me to his room all sad. 'Mummy where apatasaurus?' APATASAURUS!!!!!! I find the teddy , he snuggles up and goes back to sleep.
    Hubby thought I'd dreamed it but he said it again at breakfast. Proud and shocked at the same time. I'm gonna have to brush up on my dinosaurs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

I decided over the summer that I was getting my incredibly unfit and overweight ass in some form of order so I could deal with my increasingly active toddler. It has been challenging and not something I really enjoy. I started with lots of walking. He loves the buggy thank god!

My toddler is awesome at motivating me. Last night I came stumbling in from the gym, where I had for the first time been brave enough to stay the full 40 minutes and properly given it socks. Above me I hear "Hiya Mama" out of the darkness from the 22 month old who is framed in light of his window where he has yanked up the blind to yell hello when he heard my car. So so cute.

So my toddler has a speech delay. He's really been flying it the last few months. We've been keeping an ear out for 4 word sentences and 3 syllable words as he has none.
    This morning(6am) he calls me to his room all sad. 'Mummy where apatasaurus?' APATASAURUS!!!!!! I find the teddy , he snuggles up and goes back to sleep.
    Hubby thought I'd dreamed it but he said it again at breakfast. Proud and shocked at the same time. I'm gonna have to brush up on my dinosaurs!

Thays amazing. I remember when my eldest who had speech delay said yo-yo. I was chuffed but Aptasaurus?? Wow. Sounds like a dino expert... again just like my eldest.

• Advertisement

Thays amazing. I remember when my eldest who had speech delay said yo-yo. I was chuffed but Aptasaurus?? Wow. Sounds like a dino expert... again just like my eldest.

3 months ago he had about 10 words. It's amazing how now he's getting 2 new words a a day. I love writing it all down. He only says words that he can say perfectly which is weird! No half or attempted words. Kids are incredible!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Made jelly and ice cream for the wee girl (2) for dessert (actually, she made the jelly last night and I supervised) . Gave her a bowl this evening and she exclaims "Yay happy birthday to Lucy!" then looks at me and says a very serious "thank you."

First time she's had it that I'm aware of, but clearly it's not the first and she's most definitely a fan!

Lisha wrote: »
    His mother,
    The dirty bugger
    Hess has got no balls at all
    Himmler had something similar
    But poor old Goebbals
    Had no balls at all
    Repeat, ad nauseum
    Version 2:
    His mother,
    The dirty bugger
    She put it, in a chestnut tree,
    And farted it way out to sea,
    Where the fishes,
    Cleaned the dishes,
    And had scollops,
    And bollocks for tea
    Repeat, ad nauseum
    yet another version goes:
    The other is on the Berlin Wall
    (This was in the 1970s. A pleasing historical muddle)
    Version 3:
    Joseph has two but very small
    And Sambo, poor old Sambo
    Has got no-oo ba-aalls at all
    (Contributor's Note: "Sambo was the nickname of some kid whose surname was Samson, and not a racial slur at all")
    * = Note - some versions substitute Tarzan for Hitler
    For some reason people were still singing this in the 1980's!!
    Version 4:
    ... a variation from Peter:
    Goebbels has two but very small,
    But poor old Goering has nothing at all.
    Version 5:
    Geoff donated yet another variation:
    Goering has two but very small,
    But poor old Goebbells has no balls at all.
    Source: circa 1940's, UK (Wal.), US

We used to sing version 4 in school and I'm guessing that was what the older kids were singing in school. Teacher told younger kids that song was about tonsils (not testicles)

Thats dedication

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My 10 year old daughter -

"Mam, I don't mind if Santa doesn't bring presents this year but could he please make Granda better" :(

It made me feel sad because there are somethings unfortunately Santa can't deliver. Like all ten year olds, she can have her selfish days but today she was so kind and I felt so grateful to have her in my life :)

My almost 3 yr old learnt to sing! He has a speech delay so we have been very focused on words and sentences for months. Then all of a sudden this week he comes out with jingle bells! It's so cute and completely took me by surprise! I've actually no idea when kids usually start singing......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭bp

I said thank you to my 20 month old the other day (encouraging manners) when he answers "you're welcome". I was shocked as we hadn't started on that one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Bought a pack of 4 muffins as a treat for work. There's 3 of us in the office. The young fella spies them on the counter and looks for one. I says they're for work, he replies well there's 4 in the pack and there's only 3 of you in work. Well you just couldn't argue with that!! He's happily munching on the bun!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I was having a packet of crisps today when 1.5 year old came in and wanted them. I said no they're mammy's so she just sat straight down beside me and said "share?" - how could I not?!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 249 ✭✭Galway_Old_Man

Our kids decided that they would make the wife and myself breakfast this morning. They're only young so no tea or cooking (!) but it was the nicest toast and oj I've had in years :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

I'm always telling my youngest lad "you're a great kid".

Yesterday was my birthday and he made me a card saying "Happy birthday, P.S You're a great dad"

I'm still smiling 24 hours later.

Advertisement