Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

A few gems from my nearly 6year old daughter.....

'You know when 2 men Marry? Do they actually you know kiss'?

To me in front of shop assistant as Im paying for a bottle of wine, 'you really are drinking loads of wine lately'

'When was the last time you and Dad did mouth to mouth? Was it on your wedding day?'

She's not too bother by myself and siblings being married but she finds the fact that my brother has a girlfriend is hilarious... Obviously she feels girlfriends/ boyfriends are much more fun and interesting than husbands or wives

Tis no wonder I'm grey

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I'm 26 weeks pregnant and my almost 18 month old daughter has become fascinated with the baby in my belly. She pulls up my top to give the bump and hug and a kiss. Then she asks me to kiss the baby in her belly too.
    Last weekend she tried to give the baby brekkie by pushing toast into my belly button

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭Lucuma

Lisha wrote: »
    A few gems from my nearly 6year old daughter.....

To me in front of shop assistant as Im paying for a bottle of wine, 'you really are drinking loads of wine lately'

:D actually ......the longer my little one is delayed in her english the better !! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Came home with a mothers day card from montessori, it had question and answer section which detailed that I liked to drink wine and I feel sad when the toddler slaps me! Morto!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Jbubs

I showed my 19 month old the snow the this morning and his reaction was to say "ho ho ho "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

5 year old asking me how to knit so that she can make her barbie a woolly hat and scarf. Apparantly none of barbie's outfits are warm enough.

Lol. Hope she still thinks about warm clothes when she is a teenager!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

My 6 year old son was in the car yesterday and he likes to know the badges of other cars on the road.

Son: "What kind of car is that in front of us Daddy?"

me: "Oh, that's an Opel, do you like it?"

Son: "Oh, I'm just thinking about what car I'll buy when i'm older... Yeah, I think I'll buy a Tank."

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Walking to the playground and my 2.5 year old says "mammy and me are best friends". The love pouring out of me in that moment :D

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

I was holding my Son and he put his hand on my chest and said touch boobie. I said no i dont have boobies.
    My daughter goes ya Jack Mammy has boobies and me when i get older

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 4 year old was lying on the couch swinging her legs around. I told her to be careful as she nearly kicked me in the face. Her reply was : "mama, it's just that my foot likes your face"

I had to stop myself from laughing... She has an answer for everything these days!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

My eleven month old has really good comprehension - she was shaking her almost empty bottle around listening to the sloshing and I said "mind your head" - because I said head she looked at me and bonked herself on the head with it. Couldn't help laughing which made her do it again!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Checked in on my little man and he was talking in his sleep. Next thing he roars "Spiderman, you better check yourself before you wreck yourself!" I was doubled over laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My 2 and a half year old is a little behind with words and pronunciation. Which means that clock is pronounced without the "L". Loudly.

(In a coffee shop, pointing at the wall)

" ahhhh - COCK!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭dairina1991

nikpmup wrote: »
    My 2 and a half year old is a little behind with words and pronunciation. Which means that clock is pronounced without the "L". Loudly.

(In a coffee shop, pointing at the wall)

" ahhhh - COCK!!!"

ahh i had those moments with my daughter as well
    She couldn't pronounce Frog
    so instead every time she seen frog she said fock (pronouncing out its did not sound as a good word, and all the old ladys was rolling eyes at me what im teaching my little one... lol )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

My 3 year old loudmouth and I were in the viewing area watching her older brother and a group of others at swimming lessons when she asked "mammy, why does that boy have boobs?" I couldn't look around for the hour in case that child's parent was there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I bought frozen doughnuts out of Iceland yesterday.When teh kids go to bed i will defrost it.Well they headed to bed came back down to get a drink.
    Went to get defrosted doughnut and yep,3 little bites gone out of it.The 3 of them had a bite each.And ran the stairs giggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

my 3 year old boy calls his nether region pee pee so just as I'm changing his sisters nappy he says "Mammy Lucy's pee pee gone" yep laughed way too much at this... Kids are pretty clever!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

my 3 year old boy calls his nether region pee pee so just as I'm changing his sisters nappy he says "Mammy Lucy's pee pee gone" yep laughed way too much at this... Kids are pretty clever!

That actually reminds me of a time I was in my brothers house and my little lad would have been about 2 at the time and his cousin (female) would have been around 3. She saw me changing his nappy and said 'how come D has a tail' haha.
    They are 17 and 18 now. I must tell them that story :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

That actually reminds me of a time I was in my brothers house and my little lad would have been about 2 at the time and his cousin (female) would have been around 3. She saw me changing his nappy and said 'how come D has a tail' haha.
    They are 17 and 18 now. I must tell them that story :D:D

That's brilliant.. I should try tell Jack its a tail..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

That's brilliant.. I should try tell Jack its a tail..

Lots of the kids in I estate call them a tail too. Ha ha ha. Love kids minds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Jeju

I was showing my 5yo images of a mobile home like one we have booked for holidays, and she worrying asked "Where's the Telly" I said messing shocked "We are getting on a ferry, driving 5 hours in a car to a mobile home that has a play ground and swimming pool at the front and sea and beach at the back and you want a telly, get out of that!" To which she replied "We could wear our swimming togs watching it"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I told my 3 year old I'd give her a (food) surprise when we got home if she was good in the shop. When we got back into the car, she demanded to know immediately what the surprise was. I told her I wouldn't tell her, because it was a surprise and she'd find out when she got home.

Small child logic prompted this response:"Well, mammy, if you don't tell me, I won't eat it!"

"But, that means if I don't tell you, you won't get any surprise."

"I don't care. I won't eat it!"

*five minutes later, child is tearing into a Milky Bar and I'm still confused as to how she managed to win that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

After Easter my children were telling my mother about their easter eggs and Nana wanted to chat about the real meaning of Easter....

Children: we got eggs for Easter!

Nana : why?

Children: cos lent is over

Nana: who was in desert for 40days?

Children: ................ I dunno...... Bear Grylls??

My poor mother! I'd say we are a continuous disappointment to her. Thankfully the cute grandchildren win her over every time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

I set up a mini school in my classroom today for Aistear (playtime). It was so cute, the children imitated me something shocking! The best part was when I was looking at the copies after school and they had gone around marking the pictures the other children drew. They had ticks, smiley faces, an attempt at the date and stickers! Adorable :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

We were sat watching an episode of friends this evening (the one where Rachel is in labour in the hospital).

Anyways my 6yo is sitting beside me. (He hate to stay up til 8... half an hour later than his brother). Enter Janice and she laughs.

And my 6yo announces "she sounds like a dolphin" with a bemused look on his face. Well we cracked up!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My little fella is obsessed with Toy Story. So anyway, I had "You've got a friend in me" stuck in my head, inevitably, and I started singing it to him. He said "No mammy, it's "You've got a friend in Nimes" (This makes more sense to him because Nimes (pronounced "neem") is a town not too far from us where we have family). I cracked up!

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

"So, the Lion, Leo, goes over to the crab but doesn't like it, so he eats the twins and helps Orion the hunter to fight the Bull" This may sound like a mad story but it's my 4 year old's take on the constellations between Leo and Taurus in the night sky! He loves the Skyview app. It really has piqued his imagination. A little Astronomer in the making!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭cowboyBuilder

My 4 year old went for a haircut, and asks will he have a hole on his head like his Dad (my bald patch :D ).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 4 year old had a picnic on Friday in Playschool.He was off early and up i went to collect him.Anyway he had a bar of chocolate and he was determined i wasnt getting any.

So i says gis a bit of your bar,he says no its made of rainbows and you dont like rainbows.I said i do.So i said but i dont like liquorice,so quick as a flash he says its made of liquorice so i cant have any.Cute fecker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,646 ✭✭✭✭josip

5 year old son was talking about marriage.

Mammy: So do you want to marry someone when you're older?
    Son: Yes, I want to marry you Mammy
    Mammy: You can't marry your mammy
    Son (with little enthusiasm): I suppose it will have to be Hannah then.

Advertisement