Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

yellow hen wrote: »
    3yr old with speech delay was reading the logo on his jumper today and it said 18 xxxx
    Me: what does that say?
    Him: 1. 8.
    Me: and 1 and 8 is... [18]
    Him: 9
    I reckon it was a fluke but sometimes u wonder what's going on in his head. There's definitely more than what he's usually able to verbalise

That's cute. Mightn't have been a fluke .

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭Anne_cordelia

3yr old with speech delay was reading the logo on his jumper today and it said 18 xxxx
    Me: what does that say?
    Him: 1. 8.
    Me: and 1 and 8 is... [18]
    Him: 9
    I reckon it was a fluke but sometimes u wonder what's going on in his head. There's definitely more than what he's usually able to verbalise

Amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

our wee man came bolting out of his junior infants class last friday, shouting and screaming with joy, he had been nominated pupil of the week he got a certificate & a bag of popcorn. All the other parents couldnt help but smile at his excitement of it all!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

My 6 month old son breaking his post tummy bug solid food strike by going absolutely crazy for small pieces of my croissant in Costa, and then sitting there with the biggest smile on his face as he did a massive poo :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

Last night, when putting my 2 and half year to bed, he gave a big hug and said "I am mama's best friend" ... my heart just melted.. it was just out of the blue.. no wonder toddlers can get away with murder ;)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,075 ✭✭✭✭beertons

3 year old saw loads of conker shells on the ground. "Ah look, baby hedgehogs"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

beertons wrote: »
    3 year old saw loads of conker shells on the ground. "Ah look, baby hedgehogs"

That's ADORABLE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Bubs cried out after being asleep and when I went in to check noticed her nose had been bleeding. Cleaned her up and when she lay back down she said "thank you for making me feel better ". Oh my heart

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

Brought my 2 year old to lidl and he was having a great time giving a running commentary on everything. Passed a man with his long haired daughter and my boy started pointing-

"Look mammy, girl has big hair. I have small hair"

Then he looks at the girl's bald dad and before I could do any damage limitation-

"Man has no hair. Oh... poor man!"

He also told the man next door earlier that daddy has a huge willy :eek:

:o :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

I used to write down the funny things my kids said when they were smaller and put it in a notebook. I found it in a drawer last night. Here's a selection

1. "I just measured the table. It's 22 ninjas."

2. "Why does the driver not get out of the car when he's having a piss stop?"

3. "I left my shoes in the Timothy room". Utility room is still called the Timothy room in our house.

4. "Mam, why is there no ham in your hambag?"

5. "If I was a superhero, I'd like to have the power of xtravision."

• Advertisement

There must be something in the air, 'coz the laughs I'm getting at home are hilarious.

Homework yesterday. Jolly phonics. All new to me. So the letter was P. We sounded it out, traces the letter on the page, then I asked himself what begins with P. He waits for a bit, you can see the eyes spinning round and round, thinking. Next thing, he looks up and says Telescope.

I probably shouldn't laugh, as this is our future.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

Daughter just telling me I'm a good mammy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Pushing my nearly 4 yo son on the hammock swing today in the park. He's going pretty high and fast and then yells out... "He he he I've got butterflies in my willy!"

Lmao....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Pushing my nearly 4 yo son on the hammock swing today in the park. He's going pretty high and fast and then yells out... "He he he I've got butterflies in my willy!"

Lmao....

Funny, in same scenario my son shouted out 'my Willy's gone all wobbly'

Think these are the memories to keep us sane during the teenage years!

Sligo1 wrote: »

Lmao....

We got that on the frog ride in Tayto Park. 4yo got off and shouts out "That tickled my willy". I cracked up.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

My son once started banging on the bathroom door in order that he could go to the toilet.

He said "let me in, my willy's getting angry".

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

We're just watching Casper with the kids, and at the end when Casper gets turned into a boy, the woman blows dust on her and the scene changes to the ballroom with the camera focusing on a glitterball. My 3 year old daughter says "oh no! Caspers turned into a light!"

Bought 3 year old a witches broom for Halloween. She asked could she go out and play. Comes back in a few minutes later, saying its broken daddy, it won't fly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Walking to school earlier this morning the moon was still fairly visible and we where just chatting and i said the moon is made of cheese.He said no,its made of ham.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Nephew eats, sleeps, drinks Spiderman.
    I'm using superglue on something, he's watching intently, asks can he help, but I say "don't touch" and explain the dangers.
    He's quiet for a moment then asks hopefully "Uncle if I put that on my hands, would I be able to climb up walls like Spiderman"?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Walked into sitting room today and found 3.5yr old son with his top pulled up and a breast pump stuck to his belly trying to figure out what it does....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Walked into sitting room today and found 3.5yr old son with his top pulled up and a breast pump stuck to his belly trying to figure out what it does....

That's hilarious! Hope you got the camera out!

On a related note, I'm due again in 3 months and my two are very curious about everything. I was telling the six year old that all he did when he was a baby was sleep and cry and he asked "what about drinking bo-bos?" I explained that he didn't have a bottle, that he got milk from mammy. When I answered "my boobs" to the obvious next question, he didn't recoil in horror, instead asking "you mean like udders?"

"Yes, like udders...." :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Over dinner, the wee girl (just 2) looked up at me and randomly asked "Where pirates come from?" I was completely flabbergasted...

We agreed it was boats, pirates come from boats. She seemed satisfied with that answer! ;)

My son who is 5 got Halloween stickers today.Gave me 1,which i stuck to my laptop.
    2 minutes later,he says im taking it back.You where bold.

dubstarr wrote: »
    My son who is 5 got Halloween stickers today.Gave me 1,which i stuck to my laptop.
    2 minutes later,he says im taking it back.You where bold.

What did you do???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭Jan_de_Bakker

So my 4 year old wanted an empty glass ... what did he ask for ?

Dada , can you bring me a glass of nothing please ?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

My almost 3 year old son is getting into the spirit of Halloween, all the decorations are amazing to him around our estate, so he is super excited.
    So I was explaining to him that we will dress up on Monday and go out around the estate and get lots of nice sweets etc off our very nice neighbours. So I say to him "when we knock on the door and someone answers you say 'trick or treat' ok baby? Yes mommy he says. OK I say, so what do you say when someone answers the door? My son replies 'treat', no baby I say, you have to say trick or treat ok, so what do you say? My son replies 'I say treat mommy, I want a treat, I don't want a trick, I want a treat so I say treat' and then he just turns and walks away shaking his head like I'm crazy....maybe I'll just teach him happy Halloween instead. ðŸ˜

trixychic wrote: »
    What did you do???

Gave them back:D:D.What else could i do ,i was bold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

2.5 yrs old negotiated like a pro last night. Totally thought he had an issue with the costume ( doesn't much like clothes anyway lol) he has a speech delay so when the costume came out it was just no and run away.
    But then we described the sweets he would get if he wore it and he warmed a bit. Then he said 'sweets and trains' and pointed to the costume! We said ok and he happily put on his costume!! So he got to watch thomas after his trick or treating while eating his sweets

I'm very proud on many levels!

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    Gave them back:D:D.What else could i do ,i was bold

Ha no as in what did you do that was bold?? The amount of times I was sat down on the flimsy plastic chair, given out to and left stunned is mad. Ha

Advertisement