Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 35 peckdunn

Reading David Walliams, The Great Escape. The old folks home is described as Disneyland for Old People.

Our son, 8, said that's not true.

Museums are like Disneyland for old people ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

DS2 got his first choice of college course so we're all happy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Out for lunch with the young lad (12) last weekend. He says Mam your hair is all brown at the top. My hair is actually medium to dark blonde naturally but I get highlights every so often - if that was every a sign that I'm overdue a hair appointment!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Mother put on a little weight, been fretting about it.
    7 year old pipes up "Mom it's really easy. Just stop eating".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My youngest son starts school today.And im taking a picture of him,he says i dont put that on facebook.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

My little guy is autistic and I've been dreading the return to school because it's a major trigger for a meltdown. He went back on Monday and loves it, he couldn't wait to go yesterday or today. It's a huge step forward for him and gives me hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

eviltwin wrote: »
    My little guy is autistic and I've been dreading the return to school because it's a major trigger for a meltdown. He went back on Monday and loves it, he couldn't wait to go yesterday or today. It's a huge step forward for him and gives me hope.

That's great news! Huge development for him. What age is he now?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

yellow hen wrote: »
    That's great news! Huge development for him. What age is he now?

6.5 and the last two years have been really challenging. I'm hoping that once they start doing some actual work he's still as enthusiastic :pac:

http://http://www.rte.ie/news/player/2016/0831/21046293-boy-5-starts-his-first-day-at-school-after-spending-most-of-his-life-in-hospital/

No kids, just nephews and nieces, but always amazed by the perseverance of parents as in this clip. Best of luck to them and Liam.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,581 ✭✭✭deisemum

My older son got back from the US today, he's been on the J1 since May. He had a ball.

Treasure your little ones even when they're stressing your last nerve because the years really do fly by.

• Advertisement

My 6 year old has select mutism.He walked in to the school this morning and said "Good Morning Principal".She was over the moon and ran to tell his support teacher.Ah im delighted.Hes really coming on.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

dubstarr wrote: »
    My 6 year old has select mutism.He walked in to the school this morning and said "Good Morning Principal".She was over the moon and ran to tell his support teacher.Ah im delighted.Hes really coming on.

That's great on two fronts, great that your son is making such progress, and great that his principal cares so much! Nice story :o

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And it's also great that he likes his principal! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

We were talking about bad guys and the gardai the other day.

4yr old: "will you get underarrest?"

Me : "no only ppl who do things like kill others or stab them or steal things"

Big bro 7yrs old: " yea like money and cash"

Me: "Yes and cars"

4 yr old starts laughing at me in the back of the car then says...
    "Don't be silly mammy. Cars are too heavy to steal"

Well we all cracked up laughing. The innocent minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

One hell of a WTF moment but it sure made me smile! ;)

Getting the wee girl (2) up this morning, I let loose a rather large fart as I was changing her clothes on the bed (apologies to those who are of genteel sensibilities, it was early and needs must ;) ). She jumped down off the bed, ran around behind me, grabbed my legs and gave an amighty big sniff before pronouncing it "smelly"!

I can only imagine the look on my face...

Was watching the All Ireland teh 5 year old,comes in.See the telly and announces that Mayonnaise have scored.Well we fell about teh place laughing.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Putting him to bed last night and he said "No Morning!" as in it was time to get out of bed, not go to bed. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭kknitter

I have a 2 and half year old child, the other day he was having melon which was meant for all of us
    Mummy : Melon is for for everybody, you have to share.
    Son: Melon is for everybody
    Son: I am everybody

:D

Got a new puppy, already named the same name as my nephew.
    I was going to pick another name, when the kid, who had fallen in love with the dog and was delighted that he and his new best friend shared a name piped up " I really like his name, and his eyes are just like mine!"
    No name change.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

The bollocking a 2 year old gives just cracks me up every time.

I was away for a few days and came back with my small case, which she of course loved dragging around, sitting on, sitting in, putting things in and out of. I put it away while she wasn't looking, she looked around for it, under the beds, in wardrobes etc, and eventually came over to me.

All swagger, hands on hips, big angry head.

"Mammy, don't lie to me now or you'll be in big trouble, where did you put it!?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭JimboJones99

A few weeks ago, when giving out to my 4 year old, she told me "Daddy, control your temperature"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Was in the car with my 3 year old god-daughter and her Nana. We were talking about Halloween:

3 yo: Nana what are you going to wear?
    Nana: Nothing
    3 yo: But Nana you can't live in your nude!

Love how they take things so literally!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My 4 year old was asking about the bus strike, I explained the buses weren't running because the drivers wanted more money. She turned to her 2 1/2 year old sister and whispered "we better not tell him about the money in our money boxes!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭Ninjini

My 3 year old just gave me a hug and said "my beautiful mammy".

Just made my year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Judge Trudy

My 3 year old goes on like a 75 year old Granny. She baby talks to my 7 week old. She calls him the wee man and wee darling. It cracks me up listening to her :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

You know you're doing something right when your six year old knocks before asking you to urgently separate some lego bricks.

Unfortunately, it was the shower door and I was washing.

I told him to go away that mammy wanted privacy, that I would do it later and close the door.

Two minutes later: knock, knock and in he comes, "mammy, can you do it now?". I sent him packing again but he announced he was going to the toilet. Cue him sitting on the toilet smiling away to himself as he did a massive sh*t, while I rinsed my hair.

I don't know if it was that or the laughing that brought tears to my eyes.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My four year old has been philosophical lately, wondering about things before he existed, etc. The other day he asked me "Did I exist before I was in your tummy?" "No, chéri" "And how did I get in, by your willy or your bum?" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

I was giving out to my nearly 5 year old the other day over her naughty behaviour, her reaction was "stop being a drama queen mama!
    Then as I was walking away I banged my arm off the wall and she says "that's karma"

Where does she get it from??? She doesn't even speak English at school so I can't blame other kids!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Hmmzis

Before dinner tonight the missus was querying our 4 year old about school.

Mum: 'So, what did you learn today at school?'
    MiniMe: [starts singing something]... madra 'woof, woof', [continues singing and pointing to mum and then me].

Our son now knows far more Irish than us. Fair play little fella, fair play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

3yr old with speech delay was reading the logo on his jumper today and it said 18 xxxx
    Me: what does that say?
    Him: 1. 8.
    Me: and 1 and 8 is... [18]
    Him: 9
    I reckon it was a fluke but sometimes u wonder what's going on in his head. There's definitely more than what he's usually able to verbalise

Advertisement