Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

josip wrote: »
    5 year old son was talking about marriage.

Mammy: So do you want to marry someone when you're older?
    Son: Yes, I want to marry you Mammy
    Mammy: You can't marry your mammy
    Son (with little enthusiasm): I suppose it will have to be Hannah then.
    our 4 year old also wants to marry his mammy, must be a boy thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

Bloggsie wrote: »
    our 4 year old also wants to marry his mammy, must be a boy thing!

My 6 yr old has said countless times he will only have a girlfriend if she can come and be part of our family. He won't leave this family.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭madeinamerica

my 20 mo was hiding behind the couch. daddy played along and said
    'Where's R? Is he in the kitchen?'
    to which a little happy voice replied from the couch, 'no!'.
    'Is he in the play pen?'
    'no!'
    on through a few more places with a giggly 'no!' as the reply from the couch till daddy says
    'Is he behind the couch?'
    'ya!'

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Little man has a speech delay, and has been assessed by an SLT, but even the assessment process has made him try really hard to say big words. He looks at you, serious face, and says "eppalent" (elephant) and "nanamas" (pyjamas) Although I really want his speech to develop, a part of me never wants to stop hearing eppalent or nanamas! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

nikpmup wrote: »
    Little man has a speech delay, and has been assessed by an SLT, but even the assessment process has made him try really hard to say big words. He looks at you, serious face, and says "eppalent" (elephant) and "nanamas" (pyjamas) Although I really want his speech to develop, a part of me never wants to stop hearing eppalent or nanamas! :D

Totally get this, both mine (4&6) still say basghetti for spaghetti and chungingum for chewing gum. Cracks me up!!

• Advertisement

nikpmup wrote: »
    Uber cute, Our wee man cant (or wont) say yellow, he says lellow instead, along with a few others. my wife always tries to get him to say it correctly. He starts school in September & I think the words he miss pronounces will stop soon after. (it is kind of cute)

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

This goes back a few years but still makes me smile when I think back on it.

I was in Tesco with my 3 kids all sitting in the shopping trolley (#1 was 6yo, #2 was 4yo and #3 was 3yo at the time).

#1 was just learning to read in school and so was trying to read all the signs above the aisles.

#1 - "Milk, cheese and dairy"
    Me - "Very good"
    #1 - "Bread, cakes and rolls"
    Me - "Very good again, #1"
    #1 - "Beers, wines and sprites"
    Me - "Very close, #1, but it's beers, wines and spirits. That's spirits, as in the holy spirit"
    #3 - "Amen"

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

My 6 year old asked me yesterday if I played minecraft when I was a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭KatW4

HelgaWard wrote:
    Totally get this, both mine (4&6) still say basghetti for spaghetti and chungingum for chewing gum. Cracks me up!!

A child in my class can't pronounce our SNA's name. He calls her Relane instead of Lorraine. I love it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

In French, they don't shorten rhinoceros or hippopotamus, and it's hard for kids to pronounce them. My 4 year old calls them neenoceros, and pipotopam.
    Also he's a bit stubborn so even though he knows the right way to pronounce some words now, he holds on to the way he said them when he was a baby (so for some reason, Weetabix is sellabeck - I think it's a mixture of cereal and weetabix)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Little boys favourite story at the moment is Huggle Buggle Bear. So everytime he goes to bed he asks for Hug Bug Bear. Started calling all bears that now too

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    Little boys favourite story at the moment is Huggle Buggle Bear. So everytime he goes to bed he asks for Hug Bug Bear. Started calling all bears that now too

My boy loves that book too! Asks for it every night! He has a sheep called wooly lamb that he takes to bed with him too.

After only sleeping 3 hrs wed night, my 2 boy slept for over 13 hrs last night! Only waking at 5 am to switch beds, he didn't wake til 8.45! Totally needed that lie in!

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Coopaloop

Myself and my two year old son were playing out the back garden yesterday, he decided to bring out his little dinky cars, 8 of them (all he could manage to hold with his little hands) anyway, it had been raining during the night,and he slipped in the mud by the fence (made worse by the dogs running up along that area),instead of dropping the cars and using his hands to get up, he held on tight to the cars and used his elbows and knees to hoist himself up, and in the process covering himself in muck, he came running over to me distraught and saying "oh no, oh no" because a bit of muck got on one of his cars, didn't mind at all that he was covered in the stuff himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Dinner arguments with the two year old. I'm cooking away, she is 'helping'.

-What's for dinner mammy?
    -Fish and potatos and peas.
    -I want pasta
    -We had pasta last night, fish today.
    -i want pasta now
    -There is no pasta left (shows her the empty pasta place in the cupboard)
    -.... (She wanders off and comes back again with my car keys and handbag) Come on mammy (pushing me out the door), let's go to the shop. I'll show you the pasta, you buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

My 6yo grandson heard that a man got a 10 year sentence for a string of offences, he thought it was a bit harsh for a bit of string.

pwurple wrote: »
    Dinner arguments with the two year old. I'm cooking away, she is 'helping'.

-What's for dinner mammy?
    -Fish and potatos and peas.
    -I want pasta
    -We had pasta last night, fish today.
    -i want pasta now
    -There is no pasta left (shows her the empty pasta place in the cupboard)
    -.... (She wanders off and comes back again with my car keys and handbag) Come on mammy (pushing me out the door), let's go to the shop. I'll show you the pasta, you buy it.
    our 4 year old wee monster told mammy last nite that "nana makes nicer pasta & meatballs"than you & can I have toast?"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Talking about food ,my 4 1/2 year old son had cereal/And i asked him what did he want to drink.So i said,water,milk or juice.
    No i dont like milk,but i said you had it on your cereal.Ye well he says that doesnt count.I still dont like milk.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭2RockMountain

our 4 year old wee monster told mammy last nite that "nana makes nicer pasta & meatballs"than you & can I have toast?"

I know of one 6 year old whose family have recently moved out from living in Nana's house to live on their own, who sighed deeply before saying "I wish somebody in this house could cook properly".

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Doing the morning car run yesterday and my daughter says from the back "I just got a bit sick in my mouth Mammy, but it's OK I swallowed it, I love swallowing sick"

I'm in early pregnancy and feeling green at the best of times, I nearly had to pull in the car. Gawks....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,348 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My wife was sitting in the chair breast feeding our newborn when my 2 year old pointed at her and said 'Cow'!

On one hand I was impressed that he understood that milk comes from his Mother in the same way as it comes from a cow but on the other hand appalled at the rudeness.

It was then I saw his toy cow on the arm of the chair beside my wife.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My 3.5yo has a string of birthday parties to attend at the moment and has gotten the idea that when it's his birthday he wants a Teen Titan's birthday cake. The night before last he was obviously dreaming about it because he was talking about it all night in his sleep. "Oh wow! I love my Teen Titans birthday cake. Look everybody, It's Teen Titans Tower but it's cake and you can eat it. I'll blow out the candles on Teen Titans Tower, it's so cool and delicious. I love my cake and I love Teen Titans."

Then yesterday morning when we were talking about this weekend's birthday party and what present we should buy his friend, he asked if on his next birthday he could have a Teen Titans cake again because he loved it so much last year. He thought his dream the night before was what really happened last year.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Subacio

My youngest lad has a habit of pulling the dried cracked skin off his lips. I'm trying to convince him not to, but with little success.

Last time I said "if you keep pulling the skin off your lips they'll always be sore and no girls will want to kiss you."

He replied "I'm 9".

Subacio wrote: »
    My youngest lad has a habit of pulling the dried cracked skin off his lips. I'm trying to convince him not to, but with little success.

Last time I said "if you keep pulling the skin off your lips they'll always be sore and no girls will want to kiss you."

He replied "I'm 9".
    Smart kid!

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭Makapakka

2.5 year old had two pairs of pants on wrong (2 legs in one hole) n she was holding my kindle and she says "rocky zuma (paw patrol) I want you to help x(my daughters name ) put her pants on properly "

Had to laugh!

Makapakka wrote: »
    2.5 year old had two pairs of pants on wrong (2 legs in one hole) n she was holding my kindle and she says "rocky zuma (paw patrol) I want you to help x(my daughters name ) put her pants on properly "

Had to laugh!
    our wee fella, grabs his guitar and strums away & sings the theme tune of pawpatrol doing an early elvis impression, he does it so often, mrs bloggsie & I can be heard humming the tune to pawpatrol a few times a day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

our wee fella, grabs his guitar and strums away & sings the theme tune of pawpatrol doing an early elvis impression, he does it so often, mrs bloggsie & I can be heard humming the tune to pawpatrol a few times a day!

I find myself singing that and fireman Sam all day. They're imprinted on my brain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,138 ✭✭✭trixychic

This place has become paw patrol central. It's loved here completely

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Had to put my (now) four year old's party off for a week, so we had some buns and a bit of a fuss on her real birthday, she was delighted and kept telling us she was four.

Fast forward a week and I give up trying to explain to her, before the kids arrived for her party, that she's still four, not five. It's really hard to argue with the logic that "last week was my birthday party, I was four, now it's my party again and I'm five!"

Future note to self: have party on date of birthday:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

I was browsing through some Snapchat stories and a very attractive beauty blogger came up. My 17 month old pointed at her and said "mama!". I don't look remotely like her, and was particularly dog rough this morning, but decided to take the compliment!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My son's teacher gave out the mother's day presents this morning (mother's day is on Sunday here). It was a little package he had decorated himself, and inside was a card, and a laminated picture with the (scanned and scaled down) drawing each child had done of their mums. So cute! And he gave me a big kiss when the teacher gave it to me and told me he loved me! :)

Advertisement