Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

loubian wrote: »
    My 18 month old was singing in her pram today while on a walk. She has a habit of hanging out the side of her buggy n her singing is her going aaaaahhhhhyyyaaaaaaalllaaaaaaaaa so it was like I was wheeling around a mini drunk.

Also on the bus, a young guy in a wheelchair got on and bubs started waving at him. He was so delighted :)

That reminded me of Fr. Jack. :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,066 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Toilet training at the mo. Himself is 3.5, ran into the kitchen a few minutes ago and said he did a poo. We're 2 weeks at it now, but he's been afraid to go. Wohoo, I said. Although he didn't wipe, and I had to change his pants/trousers, it's progress. Right?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Was trying on my wedding dress today.
    we never really thought we would get married after 12yrs , and 2 kids.
    Anyway my mum was lacing up the dress and she started to shed a tear, my 2.5yr old seen her and said

"whats wrong nanny? mammy's gorgeous "

i nearly cried myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

My 6 yo came running in today, saying he was dying of exaggeration!!! (he meant to say dehydration, his word of the week)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Had my pair (2 1/2, 4 1/2) in Lidl the other day and for a change they agreed to sit in the trolley. They spotted a smaller child in another trolley and proceeded to make a game out of it: "Get the baby, mammy!" "The baby's getting away mammy" "Follow that baby, mammy!" This at the top of their voices.

They did this the whole way around the shop while I was trying to shush them and linger in the aisles until the getaway baby had moved on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I'm over at the kitchen sink today and my 2 year old puts his hand into the shopping bag on the floor and pulls out my pack of Always ultra. He runs over to me waving them and says...

"Here Mummy... Here are your nappies!" :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I'm over at the kitchen sink today and my 2 year old puts his hand into the shopping bag on the floor and pulls out my pack of Always ultra. He runs over to me waving them and says...

My niece has called them plasters!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

Sligo1 wrote: »

I've had a similar experience except it happened in a supermarket! Thankfully she said it in English and it was quiet in there at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Ah, L calls them nappies ("couches") as well!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I better hide my mooncup better. The last thing I want is to be handed it in a tea party! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

I heard some yelling out the back of the house so had a look out from the bedroom window. My neighbour's 4 year old son David was running out in his back garden butt naked and being chased around a shed by his rather angry/frustrated mum. He thought it was hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

My little boy is almost 20 months and is wired. He's very active and can be quite rough with me sometimes (although he's calmed down a lot recently). I do get hugs during the day but he wouldn't be overly affectionate and is not the clingy type.

This evening he was sitting next to me on the couch looking at photos on my iPad when a photo of me came up. He got a big smile on his face and turned to me and stroked my cheek really lovingly.

My heart just melted :)

Also his dad does the bath routine while I relax downstairs but tonight when we said bath time he grabbed my hand and brought me upstairs becaus he wanted us both to go. Mummy is in favour at the moment!

That satisfied sigh when she gets to come into my bed.

The hand reaching out for me in her sleep.

The pat on the arm.as she's hugging me

<3

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

My 4th old was asked by my wife's aunt if he is brushing his teeth every day.

Him :"I am but you don't I'd say, your teeth are all grey "

Morto!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭cofy

loubian wrote: »
    That satisfied sigh when she gets to come into my bed.

The hand reaching out for me in her sleep.

The pat on the arm.as she's hugging me

<3

You reminded me of a time when I used to let my little boy fall asleep in my arms, when he finally went off, it was the most peaceful feeling in the world, but there came a time when he was ready to go to bed himself. I miss that feeling so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭hagoonabear

not my daughter but my nephew comes out with some seriously funny stuff,

awhile back his mother told him to go wash his face, few mins later she walks in to find himself dropping a photo of himself into the sink cleaning it,

another time my other sister brought our nephew up town and they went visiting a few shops he's 9 and about after an hour she realises he has only one shoe on when she asked him where was it and why was it off? he replies by it was annoying him so he just didn't need it anymore it was lashing out!

one time, when I lived at home he was about 6 at the time I looked outside my window to see him screaming once again in the rain " rain rain go away come back another day " this continued for a good ten mins

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

My baby turned 1 today, she's amazing but I wish she'd stop growing and stay like this forever

• Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

My baby turned 1 today, she's amazing but I wish she'd stop growing and stay like this forever

Lol that reminds me of the clip on youtube about the little girl who gets upset when she discovers that her little brother is going to grow up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

The good stuff happens after one :). I've got so much out of my toddler in the last few months. It's been amazing seeing her try to walk and hear her character come through with her talking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My little fella went for a long weekend to his grandparents with his dad and I stayed here. He came back on Sunday, and he hasn't stopped telling me how happy he is to see me, and giving me hugs. It's so cute!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

The good stuff happens after one :). I've got so much out of my toddler in the last few months. It's been amazing seeing her try to walk and hear her character come through with her talking.

Oh I know, have a 2 1/2 year old as well, it just got to me as this baby is my last baby! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Oh I know, have a 2 1/2 year old as well, it just got to me as this baby is my last baby! ;)

He/She will always be your baby :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Brought the two to the zoo. Got to the lions, who were all lying in a warm enclosure behind some glass. I was a bit nervous being that close to them, but the two and half year old roared "rahr rahr" at them at the top of her voice while knocking on the glass! I was moving her away while she explained "I was saying hello to them, mammy."

Header.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

The moment when your 15 month old decides to stand in front of a display case of Jameson in a full restaurant during lunch shouting 'Mmmmm, bok(bottle)' at the top of her voice.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭waffleman

4 year old son tells me "Daddy you're my best friend"

Nearly brought a tear to my eye until he followed it with "Daddy when I get big will I have a big head like you?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Big one "reading" a storybook to the little one. Completely made up story, the two of them engrossed in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

I was going visiting family yesterday and my son 5 out of the blue (No doubt heard it off his older sister)

Mummy did you hear what happened in the chippers?
    I said no pet what happened (thinking something serious)
    The Fish got battered.

Well I couldn't stop laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Sitting on the couch with my near 3 year old watching cartoons while her brother was having a snooze, she lay up against me and reached her arm across me so i put my arm around her, she snuggled in looked up and said "love you"
    My heart just melted, i always say it to her every night and she never says it (has a speech delay) so i was so happy when she did.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

My 3 year old daughter was sitting on my lap in the drivers seat while we waited for her Grandparent's bus to arrive to give them a lift home. She put her hand up and grabbed my cheek to bring my face to touch hers and said "I'm going to keep you", she said it in a funny voice, it's a line from frozen apparently!!

• Advertisement

My 18 month old after dinner yesterday came up to me and said "sheesh" (finished) and took my plate and with the help of nana scraped my plate into the bin and put the dishes in the dishwasher :P she's so funny!

Advertisement