Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

my 3 year old ran up the the TV on sunday and screamed "c'mon" when liverpool scored. it is very worrying, who should I report it to?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭positron

Four year old is starting to learn to spell words. She got alphabets fridge magnet set and she was trying to figure what word to make. So I prompted "Think of a small word, something like BOY or DAD; what is a small word that you know?", and she turns around and says HYDRATION? Pauses, and goes on DIGESTION? SATISFACTION?

A bit of a nutcase!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

My niece and myself and my partner skype every now and then. She tried to give us tea in her tea set through the computer screen, it was so cute pretending to drink tea (which was obviously highly logical to her) but then her perplexity that we didnt have the cup on our side.

Mostly just so nice that she knows who we are and 'plays' with us even tho we cant visit too often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Sitting in the extension with bubs asleep on me and the rain and wind outside makes me feel 100000% content. Hearing her breath being steady after spending the night coughing and her just totally flaked on me because she loves me. Sometimes being a mother, a parent, is so hard but these are the times that make up for it. I really wouldn't change it for the world

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

Not my son, but a friends son here in The Philippines.

He's 5 years old and I've been teaching some him basic English, including counting which he is really good at. Today he was showing off by counting as high as he could. 1, 2, 3, 4......etc and keeps going until he says "48, 49, 1 Euro."

I'd earlier told him that 50 Philippine Peso was equal to 1 Euro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

I was showing my 3 1/2 year old how to play connect 4 today. Thinking he would be more interested in the red and yellow colours than playing it, what does he do? Yes, he actually goes and beats me! Ahem! Pride took a dent! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Posted her first picture of her and her girlfriend on her Facebook profile. They're dating two years so this is huge.

And both kids are in bed. Early. On a Friday night!!! So mum and dad are having a much needed uninterrupted bottle of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

4yo put his ear up to my 8 month bump and said he thought the baby said he wanted to come out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Today in my kids school its wear something green.My 5 year old told me he wants to go as The Hulk.I couldnt stop laughing.Hes going mad its not that sort of dress up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Dunno should I be smiling or putting this in the rant thread!

My 4 year old leapt to the aid of one of her buddies today. A small boy was in an argument with an older boy over taking turns, and he got a little shove. She stormed over and gave out to the very tall 6 year old boy for pushing someone smaller than him. Hands on hips, waggling the finger, giving it loads of attitude, channelling Beyonce. I probably should have gone over then and told her to back off, but I usually let her sort out her own playground stuff.

He shoved her away too. The pure indigence on her face! Gave him a nasty look and then she clocked him in the jaw with a massive right hook! Yikes! I grabbed her about two seconds later, He was winding up to knock her out I think! (Almost justifiably so!) Torn between totally morto and secretly a little bit proud of her for defending the little guy and throwing a pretty decent punch! but had the mammy chat about not hitting people, and not picking fights with people much much bigger than you. Made her apologise and all the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

We have to patch our 3 year old's eye everyday for a few hours to help correct a lazy eye (also needs glasses). She loves showing her patch off to people saying "I'm a pirate arr-harr" :)

was messing wiht my 5 year old yesterday and i gave him a bears hug.Well he let out the loudest fart,we both couldnt stop laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

my 3 year old busts with laughter when he does one and says in a wee singsong voice fartie fartie, i did fartie fartie!

Bloggsie wrote: »
    my 3 year old busts with laughter when he does one and says in a wee singsong voice fartie fartie, i did fartie fartie!

My 3 year old calls them "boodies". I have no idea where she got that word from!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

I was walking around aldi today doing my shopping and out of nowhere my son 2 started singing at the top of his lungs

" Stop the bus I want a wee wee stop the bus I want a wee wee stop the bus I want a wee wee because the people on the bus cant swin"

Trying to compose myself and stop myself being mortified and trying not to laugh he was in stiches thinking this was the best thing ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ilwk

My eight year old asked me if Nana and Granddad will be able to see the eclipse in Heaven today!!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Fagashlil

My 5 month old spent all day doing his first "proper" laughs, all cos my mam kept tickling his foot with a tissue, had him in hysterics!

ilwk wrote: »
    My eight year old asked me if Nana and Granddad will be able to see the eclipse in Heaven today!!

Ah thats lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

checked on my youngest son (3 years old) this morning. Usually he is singing like the birds early in the morning. He had what looked like blood on his lip so I thought maybe he banged a tooth or bit a lip. Turns out he couldn't wait until sunday, so decided to open and devour one of his easter eggs! I didn't even know how he got access to it! A gas youngster!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

Easter week is a big deal here in The Philippines and today is Maundy Thursday. I was outside earlier when a religious procession passed (like St Patricks Day parade but with Jesus. http://i.imgur.com/cz6HVGW.jpg ).

There was an Canadian family of tourists watching and the 6 year old son asked his dad what the parade was for but the dad didn't know. Being the helpful sort I introduced myself and explained that it was for Maundy Thursday which proceeds Good Friday for Catholics. The 6 year looked very puzzled and asked "They have parades for moody days?"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

Not my kid ... overheard this in a shopping centre bathroom today.

"Laura, you OK in there? Need a hand, little munchkin?"

"Mammy, don't be mad, but my poo landed on the bin. Amnt I a funny little munchkin, HAHAHA HAHA! Now come in and clean it, magic word is please."

I love how kids are such little psychopaths. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭jethrothe2nd

Me: Are you a boy or a girl?
    Holly (3): A girl
    Me: Is Amy (18 months) a boy or a girl?
    Holly: a girl
    Me: How do you know?
    Holly: Because she is old and wise and eats vegetables.

No real answer to that, is there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Points to me and says "mama" then points to herself and says "Ahbelle" (Annabelle)

:D

Was warming up for a workout at home last night and was doing rollovers to v-sits as part of this - the little one threw herself down on the ground next to and started doing them alongside me giggling away.

Youtube - rollover to v-sit

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Turns out I have a complete drama queen on my hands. My nearly five year old fell over and scraped his knee the other day; he was crying until he saw blood and then started screaming "it's getting worse!!!" We finally got him cleaned and fixed up and sent him outside. He walked out reeeeeally slowly and when I looked out the window, I could see him practising how to limp:rolleyes:

That night (ten hours later) I was putting his little sister to bed when I heard a roar from downstairs. I rushed down to find him standing by the couch that he'd just got off and he was bawling "I can't walk, mammy, I can't walk." Trying not to laugh, I had to carry him up the stairs and then had to lift him into bed, because it was "too sore."

Miraculously cured the next day. I must be the most unsympathetic mammy ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,934 ✭✭✭20Cent

Four year old asked me to open the roof while in the car pointing at a convertible.

Our 3 year old told me that her doll wanted to sleep on her own in her (daughter's) bed like a big girl so she had to sleep in our bed.
    I didn't fall for that one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭PLL

Something happened the other day and I thought I wanted to post here, then forget and just saw the thread pop up so I'm happy I get to re-live it. So small and silly :-)

My 3 year old is a whiz at puzzles, completing ones far beyond her age group very quick, the reason this is such a joy for us all is because it took her while to grasp talking, walking and using the toilet. Not that she had any specific development delay it just took her time and she would get really frustrated and upset that she couldn't get the hang of it quicker. So once she got into the puzzles she was delighted she found them so easy and always wanted to be challenged more.

So I was in town and I wanted to get her a new puzzle for Easter and I found a lovely Dora one that I knew she would love. I got so excited myself because I knew how excited she would be and would want to do it straight away.

I nearly cried when I gave it to her she was so happy, gave me a big hug and a 'Thank You Mama!' so off she went and did her puzzle, no one is allowed to help her (very determined) when she finished, she called me over and said 'Look Mama! I did it!' and was beaming with pride! I had to hold in the tears! It was so beautiful to see how proud she was of herself. It is just something I think all parents should encourage and something I didn't have as a child so It made my day/week/month for her to know we are so proud of her, no matter how little the achievement. It is an achievement and should be celebrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

My four year old this morning: "Mama that smell definitely wasn't me I told you I gave up farting two years ago, I don't do that anymore!".

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Turns out I have a complete drama queen on my hands. My nearly five year old fell over and scraped his knee the other day; he was crying until he saw blood and then started screaming "it's getting worse!!!" We finally got him cleaned and fixed up and sent him outside. He walked out reeeeeally slowly and when I looked out the window, I could see him practising how to limp:rolleyes:

That night (ten hours later) I was putting his little sister to bed when I heard a roar from downstairs. I rushed down to find him standing by the couch that he'd just got off and he was bawling "I can't walk, mammy, I can't walk." Trying not to laugh, I had to carry him up the stairs and then had to lift him into bed, because it was "too sore."

Miraculously cured the next day. I must be the most unsympathetic mammy ever...

You'll be thanked from the stage at the Oscars yet! :P

Advertisement