Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My 2.5yr old is so good.

She has been suffering for a while with tummy problems on and off for a month and today she was having a bad day. Add to that her 8.5mnth old brother was teething so a bit grouchy. I had given him calpol and was trying to sort some dinner while ringing doc and hospital and MIL (to babysit if needed) and baba was being cranky. 2.5yr old disappeared upstairs.
    I thought she was looking for me so i called her and told her i wasnt up there. Back down she comes with her brothers "raggy" in her hand and gives it to him, says "shh brother, its ok" and popped up on the couch and lay down.

I then had to make a trip to the hospital with her to get her bloods done so afterwards we went for some lunch and then to buy my goddaughter a xmas present. I was feeling sorry for her so said i would buy her something in toy shop. I never buy her anything so she never asks or looks for anything in shops. When it was time to go i asked if she would like some peppa and george mini figures (only 7.99).
    I brought them to the counter along with goddaughters present and after i paid i handed them to my daughter, she then said " clean up, clean up" and went to put them away.
    I said "no they are for you for being a good girl getting your needle"
    She said "up, up" (to pic her up)
    Cuddled in to me and said "tanks mammy" in my ear
    The cashier nearly welled up.
    we have been popping in and out of that shop for about 2 months paying off the santy presents and never once have i bought her something or has she asked that today she was so surprised to get something (she was feeling miserable anyway) .
    Cashier said she has never seen a child like her to just go home happily every time with nothing and then be so grateful when she does get something.
    So proud of my lil lady.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My 4 year old:-

Why can't Elsa have a balloon? .. Because she'd let it go!

Funny even when I'm an hour late for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My 17 month old hasn't been well over the last few days so hasn't been eating well. But today she drank three full bottles, a huge bowl of spaghetti and meatballs, and more. Made me happy to see her eating again.

Then this afternoon, we went out for a walk and she had her new hurry hat and coat on and just looked like the most beautiful child. I know I'm biased but she really was so adorable.

And then tonight, she's cried out a few times but has settled herself back down. I had to go up once and she was sitting up asleep, so funny. And as I went to bed, went in to check on her and she was fast asleep, snoring with her arm around ted and so snug, my heart melted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

3 year old is like a miniature 80's Bond villian with her toys at the moment. Ties dolls on to trains and drives them off the edge of the table, cackling evilly. Builds elaborate lego traps for passing dolls.

She has a toy helicopter... But she always just misses the rescue and the toys fall to their doom. She even says that bit, with emphasis on DOOM (plus accompanying cackle).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Roesy

My nearly 14 month old has learned to open doors and is now practicing at every opportunity! This morning she managed to open the kitchen door, wandered into the hall, opened the sitting room door, picked up the remote, handed it to me and started shouting 'Ninnie!' for Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. How could I resist!

• Advertisement

My child has started to talk in her sleep :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭RentDayBlues

Slept til after 7 for the first time since she was born, a full 11 1/2 hours :) She's 10 1/2 months, good timing given the cava last night!

Watching the New Year Concert, little lady is copying the conductor!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭zanador

My son's friend is having a rough time of it at the moment with a few family issues. He's here for a sleepover tonight and out of the blue my son turned to him and gave him a big hug and said 'You are welcome to come and stay here whenever you need to'. They are 9 year old boys and the norm is punching each other in the balls and talking about farts so it was a really sweet moment

• Registered Users Posts: 2,024 ✭✭✭Redpunto

Me: wheres your banana
    Him: There it is, its dead

• Advertisement

Two kiddies (2.5yrs girl and 9mnth boy). Woke at 7am. Brought them in to our bed for cuddles. Me, baba, toddler , OH
    They both went pretty quiet so chanced knocking off the lamp. The door was open a crack so was a little bit of light creeping in.
    I noticed something in the dim so put my hand to feel.
    They were holding hands and just swinging it lightly forward and back.
    Cuteness overload.

Oh also. Baba fell asleep in the sling when out for a walk yesterday morning. When we got back toddler asked
    "Wheres brother?"
    "Here on mammys back asleep"
    "Awh cutey"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I don't have children but I do have two parrots (Charlie and Ruby) and sometimes they come out with the funniest things. I didn't know where else to post this but I had to share it somewhere :)

Ruby came to me from a male owner who used to get annoyed when she'd try and bite him and he'd say various things like "don't be bold", "you're very bold" and if she was really annoying him, he'd add "fcuking bitch". He wasn't aggressive with her in case anyone thinks he was, it's just his manner of talking.

Anyways, it turns out she didn't just learn to repeat what he said but she also learned the context. Whenever I'm doing something she doesn't like (usually cleaning her cage) she says "you're very bold". The first time she said it, I thought it was random but I soon learned. One day I was really getting on her nerves and she raised her voice and said "YOU'RE VERY BOLD, FCUKING BITCH" :eek::D I couldn't stop laughing, which annoyed her even more and she started huffing and puffing like a person!

You haven't lived until you've been called a fcuking bitch by a pissed off parrot :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

We spent Christmas with the inlaws in the country, and one day we went for a walk, L (nearly 3) had a look all around, sighed, and said "Ah, it's lovely to be in X". Then we came home yesterday, and he said, "Ah, home is great"!
    He's happy wherever he goes! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭seventeen sheep

And now I want a parrot! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

And now I want a parrot! :D
    As someone who worked in a pet shop for over a year, let me tell you that they can be vicious and aggressive pets. And they are prone to depression. I really don't think they are a suitable animal to be kept in captivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭PCX

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    I don't have children but I do have two parrots (Charlie and Ruby) and sometimes they come out with the funniest things. I didn't know where else to post this but I had to share it somewhere

No harm posting here but to catch all the pet lovers this is the relevant thread.
    http:// http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056965322

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

PCX wrote: »
    No harm posting here but to catch all the pet lovers this is the relevant thread.
    http:// http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056965322
    Thank you very much, I never knew that thread existed. I'll post there in future :)

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Thank you very much, I never knew that thread existed. I'll post there in future :)

Had a good oul laugh at that one though.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Listrydude

Picked up middle son (5yrs) from School yesterday and he was a bit crabby on the way home, tired I reckon. He was complaining that I wouldn't let him watch tv before his homework. Got home and parked up the car. He proceeds to get out and slams the door. To which youngest son (3) exclaims: "He's a b***ix!!" Oh I nearly fell out the door of the car!! But he was kinda right!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,355 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My 11 month old's second word came out today, "boobie", as she buried her face in my wifes b...
    I'm easily amused.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭biketard

My son's learning all about natural disasters in his science class at the moment. He's particularly into volcanoes.

He shows me a pic of a volcano in his book and asks me if I know what its name is. I say, "No". He replies (very proudly), "It's Mount Street Helens!" (Mount St. Helens)

• Registered Users Posts: 31,829 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

My best friend's daughter hates not winning and she will cheat to win. I told her to stop cheating and she shouted "I LIKE CHEATING!!".

An honest cheater isn't necessarily the best cheater!

had the 2.5yr old and 9.5 month old sitting at the table eating their tea this evening. they both sit in booster seats that attatch to the ordinary chair , and they sit facing each other. anyway when they were finished i gave them some of those sticks from the dairylea and brought the bowls to the dishwasher. i gave baba 1 and left 2 just out of his reach and i gave the rest to toddler.
    i then heard baba say "oh oh" i peaked in to see what was happening.

2.5yr old "oh oh, oh no brother snack fall"
    she then looked at his 2 remaining snacks and tried to get them but she couldnt reach them. he was looking over at her then looking down at the floor saying "oh oh".
    she looked again at his and then her own. she took one of hers and threw it across the table at him. he picked it up and laughed, then she laughed , then he laughed again, then i laughed and got caught. it was funny but so lovely all in one go.

Suucee wrote: »
    had the 2.5yr old and 9.5 month old sitting at the table eating their tea this evening. they both sit in booster seats that attatch to the ordinary chair , and they sit facing each other. anyway when they were finished i gave them some of those sticks from the dairylea and brought the bowls to the dishwasher. i gave baba 1 and left 2 just out of his reach and i gave the rest to toddler.
    i then heard baba say "oh oh" i peaked in to see what was happening.

2.5yr old "oh oh, oh no brother snack fall"
    she then looked at his 2 remaining snacks and tried to get them but she couldnt reach them. he was looking over at her then looking down at the floor saying "oh oh".
    she looked again at his and then her own. she took one of hers and threw it across the table at him. he picked it up and laughed, then she laughed , then he laughed again, then i laughed and got caught. it was funny but so lovely all in one go.

They sound like they really love each other :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 774 ✭✭✭CarpeDiem85

My daughter is giving me lots of proud moments, now that her language skills are starting to develop. She hasn't quite got the 'b' sound yet. She says dall and when we play peekaboo, she says 'doo'. Makes me want to melt :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Today my just gone 2 year old said to my husband (who has a receding hairline):

"Daddy, your hair your hair, is it all gone??"

Rofl

• Registered Users Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭sillysocks

We were parked today right next to a disabled parking space, and when my daughter who's 4 saw the picture of the wheelchair on the space she wanted to know if that was the space for going to the toilet outside :)

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭elly123

I was pretending to be sad the other day and my 22 month old came over to me and looked at me and said 'are you ok' :) When going to be bed he'll give everyone a kiss and a hug say night night and then say wuvvvvv youuuuuu :):) he's getting more and more affectionate it just melts me :)

• Advertisement

My 18 month old was singing in her pram today while on a walk. She has a habit of hanging out the side of her buggy n her singing is her going aaaaahhhhhyyyaaaaaaalllaaaaaaaaa so it was like I was wheeling around a mini drunk.

Also on the bus, a young guy in a wheelchair got on and bubs started waving at him. He was so delighted :)

Advertisement