Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

our three & half year old thinks its the funniest thing ever to copy an ad from the tv(one of those online bingo places) a guy starts to strip & a owl says " there goes the neighbourhood" so when its time for a bed or a bath when he takes of his top, it gets flung on the floor & he repeats the line & laughs his head off!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

The pair were investigating a slug on the concrete and then realised it was dried up. I told them it was dead and to leave it alone. From inside the house, I heard the following exchange:

5 yr old: "I wonder what happened to him."
    3 yr old: "Maybe his batteries ran out on him."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 730 ✭✭✭SILVAMAN

Sister and family holidaying in Spain, left wet Ireland arrived to scorching Spain. Leaving the airport to city, her 4 yearold looks at his parents and says "Wow, Spain is a really nice planet".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I should point out im a bit deaf,so if anyone knocks and i dont hear the kids come over and knock on something where im sitting.So anyway tonight im listening to music on the pc through head phones.

4 year old comes over and knocks on the cabinet beside me say ing pizza,pizza.Im thinking someone in the house has ordered and im about to get up and answer the door but hes laughing so much i ask him was there a knock.He says yes and says Ryan.Hes his brother who i thought was knocking so i get up.And the little wagon hops on the chair and puts on Animal Jam.

It was only a ruse to get me off the computer.I couldnt believe the cheek.But ti was so funny,he kept looking over to me and laughing.//

• Registered Users Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

My daugther who is nearly 5 has learned the verb to "google" recently. So if there is information we do not have she will ask me to "google it".

Which is normal enough but recently we just finished reading the book "My Naughty Little Sister" by Dorothy Edwards. Which.... I would recommend to anyone with kids in the 4-8 age bracket. They are innocent books from innocent times, engaging for the kids, and quite moralistic in many ways... though there are glaring outdated archaic ideas that crop up periodically but not often enough to take away from the experience.

But anyway back to the thread topic. We just finished the book tonight and my daughter.... who has learned from other books I have read that there are often sequels, spin offs or further adventures asked me if there were more books.

I answered honestly that "I do not know actually, I can try and find out"

and I smiled at her wonderful innocence and naivety when she suggested... and I report this word for word.... "daddy just go and google 'my naughty little sister' and see what comes back!"

• Advertisement

Was out with the kids the other day and my 7 year old asked what colour he was.Before i had a chance to say anything the 5 1/2 says peach.I was laughing and thinking where on earth do they come up with half teh stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Woshy

My just turned two year old has had delayed speech. He was referred to SALT at 22 months as he had no meaningful words. We took him to a private SALT who assessed him as being 8/9 months behind which was hard to hear. We've worked really hard on his speech since then and he has come on hugely. Yesterday (3 months after being referred) we had his HSE assessment and he has been discharged, he's pretty much at the level he should be for his age. She said he had quite a late start but that she could see we had been working at it and he wasn't too bad now.

So we were driving home from the assessment and we were very pleased and proud of him. We drove past a man walking a husky and he shouted "go away big bad wolf". So cute! What a great finish to the morning :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Door swings open. Arms go in the air. "Bonjourno" says my 2 year old. She got it all right, but it was half five this morning. Asked for a cup of milk before she went back to bed. No probs, take as much as you want. And back to sleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,261 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

My sons first clear word was spoken yesterday, We called him from across the room and he turned around and went "Yeah!"

Nearly cried.... fecking children!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

Son is just recently turned 3. Always been mad into any machinery. Can tell you all about the different types of attachments that go on tractors, and the differences between a digger, excavator or front loader - stuff I never knew!

Anyway, in Costa Coffee paying at the counter the other day. Ceiling is up very high, like two storeys, and he notices one of the spotlights up there is flickering. He informs the lady at the register and she says, "You're right! I'll have to get someone to change it. What will they need to get up there?"

Expectation - ladder.

He thinks about it for a second then nods his head and says in a squeaky voice, "A hydwallic lift!"

Queue stunned silence and a big grin from me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My daughter is starting school in September. I haven't got her school books yet but I have uniform, bags, lunch stuff, stationary etc.
    she wants the books and keeps asking for them. Her granddad asked her had she everything ready for school. She said 'mammy has bought everything I need with the exception of my books'

Granddad is claiming the intelligence is from his side of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

this is a story I love about my daughter.....
    My daughter was telling all the kids in plsyschool that they could now marry who ever they wanted. It could be either a boy or a girl as they wished..
    Teacher asked her what's that about and my 5yr old replied 'sure the people if Ireland had a vote and it's all sorted now,people can marry who they want'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

6 year old son: I'm glad its the bank holiday weekend.
    Wife : why's that?
    Son: cos I don't have to go to ****en after school.

Wife managed to keep a straight face and promise not to tell me 're the bad language.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My young daughter told me yesterday that 'Aer Lingus' is her favourite newsreader..... because he has a good voice and he's handsome.

It took a little while for me to figure out she was referring to Aengus MacGrianna!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I don't have any kids but this thread is my go to cheer up for emergencies! Love it everyone :-).

Mine is regarding my friends child. Her granny wears glasses and is regularly muttering "where are my glasses?" . The little girl, nearly 2,went to stay with her for a week and since she's come home if she wants a story she picks up a book and hands it to you saying just "where's my glasses?" which she seems to think means "let's read this". :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Spread the love

My daughter is coming two on Friday and has been to a few birthday parties with bouncy castles recently. I have been telling her all week that her Happy Birthday is coming up on Friday sans the bouncy castle. This morning, she was on the phone making a very important business call ordering a bouncy castle for herself , 'Bouncy Castle baby (her name) yeah yeah yeah byyyyyeeeeeeeee'. I laughed so much at her event planning already :)

Luckily, I grabbed the camera in time and got it recorded too. It gave us all a good laugh :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

At the garden centre earlier ...

Me: Look at the rabbits!
    Him: Doggy!
    Me: Look at the birds!
    Him: Doggy doggy!
    Me: Look at the fish!
    Him: Doggy doggy doggy!

Basically anything that moves that isn't human is a doggy, in his world!

He also made a hilarious attempt at saying flower - "Fwow-woh-wee" ... so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

10 month old wasn't sleeping well last night, so I hopped into the bed in her room with her last night to help her settle (rather than fight for an hour to get her off in the cot)...

Was woken up this morning by her smacking me in the head saying "dada dada" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 3 year old woke at 10.45 this morning. That made me smile big time! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was doing some back to school shopping with my eight year old this morning. She asked me if we could visit a particular gift shop.

When I asked her why she wanted to go there, here was her response -

"Mam, because it is a daydream of loveliness".

I thought it was a beautiful expression :)

• Advertisement

MrsD007 wrote: »
    "Mam, because it is a daydream of loveliness".

Brilliant!

In a few hours from now our 18 year old will be getting his LC results. But way back when he was between 2 and 3, I remember one day making us both beans on toast (we had the house to ourselves so it was just the pair of us). Sitting at the kitchen table, he looked me straight in the eye and said:

I LOVE YOU.

He said it so intensely and earnestly, my heart just swelled to bursting - it was an incredible feeling.

And then straight away, he looked down at the table, and in exactly the same earnest and intense tone said:

I LOVE BEANS.

Jaysus, that put me in my place. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,645 ✭✭✭✭josip

5 year old son got a quick shower against his wishes last night before bed, after a very dusty day playing.
    As soon as he had his underpants on, he marched out the bathroom door declaring...
    "I'm going out for the night."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

My nearly four year old loves showers, hates been taken out of it, "I'm not finished Daddy", youd swear he was 6'6 & 20 stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

My 20 month woke up in our bed this morning, leaned over me to see if I was awake, and when I opened my eyes I got a big smile and a 'hi' in the cutest little voice. It was the best start to my day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 20 month woke up in our bed this morning, leaned over me to see if I was awake, and when I opened my eyes I got a big smile and a 'hi' in the cutest little voice. It was the best start to my day :)

One of the best starts to a day :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

While eating pork today, my 5 year old told me that he once tried to eat a pig alive.

Me: "Really?!"

Him: "Yup, he saw me with the knife and fork and said, 'I'm outta here!'"

Me: "How did you know what he was saying? Pigs don't speak English."

Him: "Oh mama, don't you know that I understand pork-speak?"

My 5 1/2 year old was getting ready to go out to play yesterday.So i said to him wash your knees,cause they where flthy.He pulls his socks all the way up,and says this is the way footballers wear socks.And off he went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭Diamond Doll

Little dude is obsessed with his piggy teddy.

He found this bed in Harry Corry and fell in love with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 zaz91

My 19 month old son doing a new zombie walk while growling lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

^^^^ my boys being doing a weird walk and growl too! Though I think it's his version of car noises as he does it when he's playing with them too!

Advertisement