Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Tiny face at my bedside in the middle of the night:

"I had a nightmare about a living duck."

Your child cracks me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,318 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

My son loves to get the dig at me about how much time I spend in the shower. Last night was this corker:

"Mam, you were in the shower so long, the spaceship is back on Earth from visiting the comet!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

I don't have any kids myself, though recently I was visiting a relative and her two young kids, the eldest girl, 3 accidentally hit a glass off a bowl and the bowl cracked, so another relative said "who broke the bowl?" in a surprised tone, and the 3 year old perks up "I did. I'm so proud" with a big happy, cheese grin on her face, and all we could do was laugh.

She reacted the way she did purely because she knew it would get her out of trouble and everyone would just laugh.

Her younger sister who is one, any time they "fight" (ie: don't share), or if the eldest girl takes something off the younger one, the younger one raises her hand to pull the eldest girls hair.

Didn't take the eldest long to back off once she realised her hair would be yanked. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

My 4 year old son was putting on his shoes this morning and I said to him are you nearly done? with one shoe on, his reply to me ....
    I'd be a lot quicker if I only had one foot!'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Was popping kids in to car earlier 2.5yrs and 7.5 months. Opended the door and asked toddler to get in to her seat while i put baba in. I walked around to put baba in and she came over and gave him a hug completly out of no where said "awh bwother" then got his 2 hands and kinds of shook them lightly saying "bwother aoife best friends, best friends". it kind of choked me up seeing how much she loved him as it was totally out of the blue.
    I did have to stop her before she killed him with kindness.
    when i had him in his seat i went around to strap her in and she was lying with her head on his lap saying "best friends best friends" as he looked at her smiling.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

51RZWuPbd%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

This book was chosen last night.

Him: "That's a funny name!"

Me: "Hmm?"

Him: "Dick!"

Me: "Oh?! How come?"

Him: "It's nearly like stick!"
    And he falls about laughing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

My little boy has SPD and has been sick the last few days with a bug, he has been misreable in himself and its so sad and frustrating not being able to do a whole lot right now for him.

When I got home from work tonight he gave me the biggest smile, and climbed up on top of me, grabbed me by the hair and nuzzled in to me for a good 20 minutes, just cuddling and wanting to be held. Seeing how happy it made him to see me brought an incredible amount of joy into my day :)

Now just to get him over this bug!

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Welruc

Our young lad (3) when saying goodbye to his sister or aunties will give them a kiss & hug and then has to pat them on the head like you would with a dog. He calls this a fluff, thinks if its good enough for the dog.....:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My lad made up his first game with us.! I clap my hands and then he sticks his hand into them, and my hands 'eat' his hands and arm and then tickle him! He loves it and laughs sooo much. He did it instantly with hubby too when he got home.

The last leap at 8 months has changed him so much, he's a little boy nearly rather than a baby *sob*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My lad made up his first game with us.! I clap my hands and then he sticks his hand into them, and my hands 'eat' his hands and arm and then tickle him! He loves it and laughs sooo much. He did it instantly with hubby too when he got home.

The last leap at 8 months has changed him so much, he's a little boy nearly rather than a baby *sob*

Aw! So cute! Love those silly games - my lad's latest Really Funny Thing is me ''walking'' my hand like a little creature (like Thing on the Addams Family) and running up his arm and tickling him. All kinds of hilarious, especially when I get Thing to jump from one surface to another. Also hilarious is me exclaiming in a very posh, very annoyed voice, ''Well I never!!'' Gets him every time. I'm a top comedian in this house.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,261 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just gone 3 years old and earlier he said he wanted to watch The Little Mermaid when we got home. But now he was in a strop where he doesn't want to do anything and everything we offer him is wrong, I asked if he wanted to watch the little mermaid when he got home.
    In the little "having a strop" voice he says: "No. I want to watch the Big Mermaid".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Almost three years old, he opened the curtains this morning - opened one, and then shouted at the other 'go on curtain, you can do it'. :D very motivational, i must say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

My little girl was falling asleep and wanted up for a cuddle. I rub her head, belly or back as she goes asleep. When I picked her up, she put her head on my shoulder and start rubbing my arm. Made me melt inside :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Bubs is currently sleeping on me for a cuddle. Pre pay power advert came on the TV and her little bum starts wiggling even though she is flat out asleep

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

We're in the middle of a slow toilet training phase, giving him lots of encouragement etc.
    This morning he followed his daddy into the bathroom, and gave him massive congratulations for doing a big peepee in the toilet! Even a little round of applause!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭skallywag

My four year old cut off a nice chunk of her 2 year old cousin's hair today, it made me smile when I first heard about it but I may change my mind on that when her mother has me by the throat later this evening!

My 2.5yr old and nearly 8 month old share a room.

They settle to bed no problem. Bath, pjs, story, cot mobile goes on and i leave.

The other night myself and OH were listening to monitor and cot mobile knocked off. normally there's silence but 2.5yr old started to laugh, then baba joined in and they were both laughing for ages on and off. no idea what they were laughing at but it was so cute.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

My son started school this year and when parked in the retail park car park at the weekend he sounded out and then pronounced maplin correctly!! Can't believe how quickly they can learn so much!!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

So my daughter is almost 3, she is small, cute and blonde, she has a head of curls that Shirley Temple in her day would have been jealous of. She wears a tutu every day and she carries a pink handbag. That's her. Yesterday she was chatting to an older woman who had a very cute little dog. She was patting the dog, and was just so excited, and then the angelic little creature, scrunched up her face, clenched her fists and said "he is just so fcuking cute" We beat a very hasty retreat :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

My little dude is 7, when I went into to his room this morning he said he had made a shop in his bed.
    'That's nice, what are you selling'
    'Kisses, €2'
    'That's very expensive'
    'Ok, for you 1 cent'

I gave him a kiss, then he gave me one.

Then he produced a sign that said 'Closed'
    'That's enough kisses for you' he said

Funny and cute

• Advertisement

So cold out this morning. was putting 8 month old in a fleece suit (brown teddy bear type, bought in lidl last week) when getting sorted to go out. 2.5yr old said
    " oh look at brother" .
    i asked "isnt he nice?"
    " No mammy, he's cute"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

We put our decorations up at the weekend and my friends 22 month old has been very wary of them. She got up this morning and when she came into the front room she said "good morning santy"

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Derek78

My Sarah gave her first laugh today - a small giggle - the joy me and the wife had!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

We got teh Christmas decorations down today.The kids were playing wiht the baubles.These ones ring when you shake them.My 5 year old called me over and shook them.He said when i ring thebells you have to come.I couldnt stop laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Fist pumping and bum wriggling while dancing to 'God rest ye merry gentlemen' :D

2.5yr old loves going to the doctors bwcause they have a great waiting room with loads of toys. Everytime we drive by she wants to go in.
    Anyway i was brushing her hair yesterday mornibg (huge head of hair and curly) . Out she pipes "ah, ah, hair sore. Got to go doctors, make hair better"
    whats she going to be like when older if she is already faking illness.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Suucee wrote: »
    2.5yr old loves going to the doctors bwcause they have a great waiting room with loads of toys. Everytime we drive by she wants to go in.
    Anyway i was brushing her hair yesterday mornibg (huge head of hair and curly) . Out she pipes "ah, ah, hair sore. Got to go doctors, make hair better"
    whats she going to be like when older if she is already faking illness.

My lad did this to get on the Toy Show.

I told him that the children playing with the toys in the montage bit were sick, and he faked a sickness in school the next day. When my husband picked him up, he asked to go to that place. "You know, with all the toys."

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

our wee man (3 years old) rocking out to Limp Biskit's Rollin. its pricless. When the song finishes he flops on to the ground stating "i have a big breath"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

My 10 month old has just done way too many amazing things the last few weeks! It makes me smile and cry at the same time!

He pulled himself to standing in his cot all by himself!
    He's pushing himself up to sitting.
    And cutest of all is he's clapping his hands when we clap ours!

Oh m god he's gotten so big and smart, not a tiny baby anymore! Off to have a good sob now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

After an hour and a half of coaxing, our week-old baby finally took his second proper breastfeed of the day :) He was supplemented in hospital with formula due to his low birth weight so I'm now trying to get him back on the boob. He's already gotten used to not having to work for it!

Advertisement