Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

Proper LOL at that one! I'm going to need to remove all notions of vanity before William learns to talk.

Speaking of vanity ... little prince has decided that he loves going to sleep gazing at his own reflection in the mirror. He's that handsome.

OMG, how fab is he!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

we taught our 4 year old how to make her own breakfast (without making a huge mess) so to my surprise this morning she ran into me shrieking "Look, look what i found in the coco pops, it's a toy! there is a toy in my breakfast"

she was so surprised and excited because there was a (world cup related) mini bean bag ball in her coco pops it just made me smile as i remembered the excitement as a young child of finding the toy in the cereal,

well done kellogs for bringing that tradition back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

not so much as what the child said but what the mammy said. Yesterday we went to the zoo, on the way in, two little girls were posing for a photo with the mammies taking the snaps, "put your sunglasses on, give **** a hug & take your finger out of your nose", my wife & mother in law were in tears laughing as we walked in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

hoodwinked wrote: »
    we taught our 4 year old how to make her own breakfast (without making a huge mess) so to my surprise this morning she ran into me shrieking "Look, look what i found in the coco pops, it's a toy! there is a toy in my breakfast"

she was so surprised and excited because there was a (world cup related) mini bean bag ball in her coco pops it just made me smile as i remembered the excitement as a young child of finding the toy in the cereal,

I just love this, the sheer innocence and joy at finding 'a toy in my breakfast', awww!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

hoodwinked wrote: »

It is all fun and games until you have another child or two then ww3 breaks out over the cereal bowls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,819 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

There was a 4 year old boy behind me in the queue in Penney's. His mother asked him to hold her blouses for her for a few minutes. He put them up in front of him and said, "Mammy look, I'm a girl!". Then after a short pause, he comes out with a question that had us all laughing, "Mammy...what's a drag queen?".

Mars Bar wrote: »
    There was a 4 year old boy behind me in the queue in Penney's. His mother asked him to hold her blouses for her for a few minutes. He put them up in front of him and said, "Mammy look, I'm a girl!". Then after a short pause, he comes out with a question that had us all laughing, "Mammy...what's a drag queen?".
    "thats what your uncle Bootylicious does every weekend"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My son was in his friends house yesterday and they were in the attic.He was telling me there was a few steps in to the attic but there were no monsters there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I was making the dinner and bubs was in her high chair. I turn around to see her slumped down and with a hand to her ear taking away like she's on the phone. She's a teenager already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

My son's doing his creche "induction" this week, today is his first day there for more than an hour. The plan was that they'd try and get him to have a nap there today, I've been worried about that because at home he usually just naps in his buggy or floor mat, but they put them into cots for naps at creche because of H&S regulations, so I wasn't sure if he'd settle for them.

I just got a call from the creche manager. She said that he is the best, happiest baby she's ever seen! He took his bottle, played with the other babies, ate some spaghetti bolognese for dinner, then went straight down for his nap no problem, and is now fast asleep! She says he's settling in unbelievably well, far better than most babies at the start.

I mean, obviously I know he's the best happiest baby in the world. Just nice to have someone else confirm it! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

My son's doing his creche "induction" this week, today is his first day there for more than an hour. The plan was that they'd try and get him to have a nap there today, I've been worried about that because at home he usually just naps in his buggy or floor mat, but they put them into cots for naps at creche because of H&S regulations, so I wasn't sure if he'd settle for them.

I just got a call from the creche manager. She said that he is the best, happiest baby she's ever seen! He took his bottle, played with the other babies, ate some spaghetti bolognese for dinner, then went straight down for his nap no problem, and is now fast asleep! She says he's settling in unbelievably well, far better than most babies at the start.

I mean, obviously I know he's the best happiest baby in the world. Just nice to have someone else confirm it! :D

Please send your youngfella round to my youngfella to explain the benefits of being chilled out.

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

8 year old brother told his 7 year old sister today... "If we weren't brother and sister we'd probably still be best friends with each other."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I flushed the toilet this morning in front of my 2 year old (just a pee), and he said "Au revoir, caca, à toute à l'heure" (Bye bye poo, see you soon!)!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Was minding a friends child at the weekend so had to put 3 car seats in the back. Put my 2 yr old daughter in the middle beside my 3 month old.
    I havent moved her seat back yet but today i looked in the mirror to see her holding his hand and chatting to him (i have the mirror that i can see baba in rear facing seat). They both seem happy beside each other.

(OT but is it safe to leave her seat in the middle. Baba is happy cause he can see her and she chats to him. Sometimes he gives out in the car but hasnt since we put her seat there ).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Suucee wrote: »

(OT but is it safe to leave her seat in the middle. Baba is happy cause he can see her and she chats to him. Sometimes he gives out in the car but hasnt since we put her seat there ).

I think the middle is suppose to be the safest place for the car seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Literally ran into my arms when I got home from work today to give me a hug. :)

Has started putting her arms around my neck when hugging me <3

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Ds3 told us he wants 2 dads. One to go out working and one to stay at home and mind him. Then he said he wants keaner(who the f is he) to mind him. He lives in number 17. We are going to feel v v guilty tomorrow dropping him to creche. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 2.5 year old counting in Spanish: uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinqo, seis, siete, ocho nueve, viernes! (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, Friday!!)
    It's not like she doesn't know the spanish for 10...made us laugh anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

Xdancer wrote: »
    My 2.5 year old counting in Spanish: uno, dos, tres, cuatro, cinqo, seis, siete, ocho nueve, viernes! (1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9, Friday!!)
    It's not like she doesn't know the spanish for 10...made us laugh anyway :)
    That's impressive!
    Liam tries to count but he gets the numbers in the wrong order, and mixes French and English. Also, for some reason he won't say one or un, he always starts at two!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

That's impressive!
    Liam tries to count but he gets the numbers in the wrong order, and mixes French and English. Also, for some reason he won't say one or un, he always starts at two!

Ha ha!
    In English A skips the number 4 altogether and leaves out number 1 in both French and English :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

My daughter only speaks english and also skips 1. Maybe its because we always say it to start her.

Our 2.5 year old spotted the advert for mickey d's on the commute this morning, points at the sign and says in his little LOUD voice "mammam's burger". it is half the size of the billboard on the platform. I couldnt help but laugh as did the people sitting on the train beside us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭dinorebel

My now 6 year old daughter used to love Peppa Pig and actually spoke with an English accent for a time she watched it so much.My wife was flicking through the channels yesterday for some thing to watch when Peppa Pig popped up to which my daughter said if I watch it will my English accident come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

We were at the national stud today and heading for the pony rides through the thoroughbred paddocks and my 3 yr old pointed to the beautiful stallion in the paddock, (invincible spirit - 70K a cover), 'Mommy mommy bootifu horse. I ride dat one', notimpressed that he did not get to pick his own horse for the ride.

This morning, I gave A a pen and she started drawing, holding the pen properly, pure concentration on her face. Starting her first novel already!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

She got mad at me because I wouldn't give her something she wanted from one of the top shelves. So she took my book and hid it on her tricycle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Three year old told us she was making dinner for everyone and I was to take a rest with the baby. I asked what it was going to be... Salad! Now, it ended up being a bowl of chives with a couple of grapes and peas thrown in, but I was so chuffed that it was all actually food and that she made the effort. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

My 2 darlings decided to give each other a haircut.They got the razor and shaved a big lump down the middle of their hair.They now look like the 3 stooges.I cant look at them without laughing.

• Advertisement

dubstarr wrote: »
    My 2 darlings decided to give each other a haircut.They got the razor and shaved a big lump down the middle of their hair.They now look like the 3 stooges.I cant look at them without laughing.
    if were ar honest, we all did the sweeny todd impression as kids, my brother did ours about a week before the 1st communion, cant remember if it was his or mine. mother was not very happy!

Advertisement