Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Fell asleep in the jpmbb! Had fears that it would be a waste of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

I was talking to my little man about food and I said ducks were yummy and he said 'noooo we don't eat ducks! We can't eat duuccckkks. We eat cake!'

When my 19 month old farted he said 'bravo' and clapped his hands.

When he was crying to go out onto the balcony, I finally relented and as I opened the door he called me a 'good boy'. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

My 8 month old said mamama !!! Has not a clue what he is saying but I was delighted

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Got up with my toddler this morning.

While I nipped to the loo, I heard clinking of bottles. Rushing out to find that he was putting the beer bottles his dad and I quaffed the night before and left empty on the coffee table, into the recycling.

I felt judged. :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Had my two year old girl out with me changing bulbs in the car today.Holding the flashlight,handing me tools, tightening wheel nuts!!! How she knew what which tools were beats me.

Sat down afterwards with 2 bowls of ice cream and a hearty laugh when we swapped for my bigger bowl. One of those brilliant days.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Bagheera

My 4.5 month old's favourite source of amusement at the moment is to shove his foot in his mouth and have a good chew. He looks so cute when he does it even if it does make nappy changing more challenging!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Most evenings my 3 year old will ask me "where am I going in the morning", as she some days stays at home, some days goes to montessori and some days a childminder.
    So on Saturday she asked and I said "you're staying at home with your brother, Daddy and I" and her reply was "oh no. not again! I was with you all day today". She may have to get used to the fact she's stuck with us :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Neyite wrote: »
    Got up with my toddler this morning.

While I nipped to the loo, I heard clinking of bottles. Rushing out to find that he was putting the beer bottles his dad and I quaffed the night before and left empty on the coffee table, into the recycling.

Your toddler just made me smile too :)

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Neyite wrote: »

You *are* being judged ;)

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

You *are* being judged ;)

This morning it was the wine glass. I've got to start hiding the evidence!

• Administrators Posts: 13,772 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

Bed time last night and the 9 year old had made about 5 re-appearances telling me different things about Animal Crossing New Leaf!

So maybe it was reappearance No6 he started with "Mammy?...." And I got a bit cross and said "You need to go back to bed and turn off your brain! Stop thinking about the game and just close your eyes and try to relax"

With that he said "Yeah, but Mammy, I just wanted to tell you that I love seeing you mind the baby. You're just so good at it, and you make it look so easy"!!

I think I was being plámásed!!

(I am of course very good at it, and do make it look easy.. so maybe he was just telling it like it is :D)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

We were on holidays up til this weekend. My partner put the holiday photos on our picasa site that we share with our extended family, and I was showing the photos to L. We got to one photo where his granny was holding him and he had his face to the side and sort of looking up. L saw the photo, put he head in an exaggerated version of the same position and started chuckling to himself, looked back at the screen, and did it again. Little clown!

My daughter smacks her lips in delight when she sees food coming!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Since our 10 week old was about 4 weeks we have bathed him with his 2 yr old sister. We just hold him in the bath and he has a great time kicking . On sunday i bought a seat for him that goes in the bath . So we dont have to hold him . This evening he was kicking like mad and it was splashing his sister. She was getting annoyed so i got her to make splashes with her arms. Baba thought this was hilarious and started kicking like mad. Laughing and smiling at his sister. I even got drowned in it but it was hilarious watching them. Managed to get it on video too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

I was holding L in our bed this morning when all of a sudden he pulls down my pyjama top, points at my nipple and says "Qu'est que c'est? Un escargot" (What is it? A snail?). Couldn't help laughing, and slightly wondering what the hell my boobs look like!

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭PLUG71

My 3 year old son Jack.

"Daddy can you buy me some yellow eyes please?"

"Why Yellow Jack you have lovely blue eyes?"

"Blue Daddy?"

"They dont feel blue!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I was holding L in our bed this morning when all of a sudden he pulls down my pyjama top, points at my nipple and says "Qu'est que c'est? Un escargot" (What is it? A snail?). Couldn't help laughing, and slightly wondering what the hell my boobs look like!

Proper LOL at that one! I'm going to need to remove all notions of vanity before William learns to talk.

Speaking of vanity ... little prince has decided that he loves going to sleep gazing at his own reflection in the mirror. He's that handsome.

:Dmirror_zpsd10e6c02.jpg

found my 3 yr old biting chunks out of a cucumber in the kitchen and when i asked him he said 'i eating a fish mommy, it yummmmy', I said it is cucumber and he said 'oh is still yummmy'.
    Same boy was asked at dinner ' what will you be when you grow up? 'bigger'.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Speaking of vanity ... little prince has decided that he loves going to sleep gazing at his own reflection in the mirror. He's that handsome.
    ]

Oh but he is that handsome :)

not my child but....My husband was in the toilets at bloom a few weeks ago. A little boy was taking a pee beside his daddy.
    'Daddy your wee wee is very yellow'
    Daddy -'why what colour is yours?'
    Little guy looks into toilet bowl...'blue' (There was toilet duck in all the toilets)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,063 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I am on a health kick at the moment and trying to drink 2 litres of water. I was shopping today and was dying for the loo so used one in the shopping centre. I was on the loo and next thing I heard a voice from the next cubicle saying "wow that is a big wee wee are you going to do a plop plop as well?" I went out to the sinks to be greeted by a cute little two year old who started clapping.

I combed her hair today and she looked like elvis

She is the nosiest child alive - in the pub in a high chair and she's twisted around like the exorcist to nosy into our neighbours conversation!

Then tonight she fell asleep sideways so I couldn't fit in the bed (single bed!) and has now fallen asleep sitting up with her head on my hip!

Oh and she slept all through the BBQ today which meant I got to eat in peace :):)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I left the four year old chilling watching Justice League while I tidied up after him out the back. The episode ended and he came dashing out.

"MAMAMAAMAMAMA! Green Lantern took off Hawk Girl's helmet and she was so beautiful, I couldn't stop looking at her, and then they had a KISS!"

I had to look up the scene, and he had it right: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jlP68mJqpKE

Helmet-less Hawk Girl featured later as his queen when he was playing King of the Pillow People.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Were on our holidays at the mo in wexford with 2 yr old and 11 week old. We have been doing loads past few days. Today we took the passage east ferry and then went to tge waterford and suir valley railway. Our 2 yr okd (girl) loves trains. Anyway this evening i was getting her ready for bed and out of no where she just said "i have fun".

Also when out having dinner she ate loads and as she doesnt eat desserts (hates ice cream for sone reason) i gave her a rare treat of a bag of crisps. The lady came to clear the table and A said "more". The lady laughed and A frowned said "all gone, more".
    I still cant belive that nit even 5 months ago she had only about 10 words now she has loads and putting them together.

Oh she also keeps askibg for our dogs (we have 4) . When we tell her they are at home she looks real sad.

Oh and 1 more. Baba was roaring in the car and before we found a safe place to pull in she leaned over and said in her lil cute high pitched voice "all right cuckoo" (she cant say Luke . Calls him cook but cuckoo is like her nick name for him).

She woke as I was coming into the room so I picked her up and she nestled into my shoulder with a satisfied sigh. I love that I make her feel so safe.

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

My daughter is 2 and 3 months, and she is breastfed. She was feeding a couple of nights ago and she said "I want the other one please, this one is boring" I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, my poor boobs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭Bloggsie

Das Kitty wrote: »
    4 year old throws 10c into a wishing well.

"I wish all the dinosaurs would come back to life, and that there were kings and queens in Ireland again!"

Remind me never to give that kid a monkey paw.
    dont know about dinosuars but there are plenty of queens here already. this is one of the funniest threads i have ever come across. I am throughly enjoying reading some of the tales.

thank you all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

While watching the world cup;

Her: 'Algeria Dad, that's beside oooh what's that other country, you know, the one with the Egyptians in it'

Me: 'Eh Egypt'

Her: 'Yeah, that's the one'.

It's 23.49 and my child is still awake. She's crawling up n down the bed like a lunatic n driving me nuts. I was angry at her until she stopped and fell asleep in this position (see photo). I couldn't help but laugh

• Advertisement

My seven yr old accidentally swallowed an icecube the other day and was roaring, so the three yr old looked on concerned and asked 'what happen brother?' and i explained and with wide eyes he said 'Oh no he turn into a snowman!'
    It was enough to make the roar turn into a laugh and the five yr old got another excuse to break into one of her frozen renditions.

Advertisement