Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

2 Year old Little Miss' first night in her big girls bed. Tucked her in, very excited and ready for a big girl's sleep.

2 mins later on the monitor I hear the noise of little toes on the floor. I quietly go up the stairs and open the door quickly and there she is.. caught out standing on the floor.

I ask her.. Why are you out of bed?!

She runs to the bed, grabs Teddy, fecks him on the floor and says..

teddy fell out.. I have to get him..

Couldnt hold in the laughing so tucked herself and Teddy in and off they both went to sleep.

:p:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

they are so cute. my friends 22 months has started to hit her head off the coffee table if she is corrected and then comes looking for a hug and says 'ah me'. the childminder ignores her so she stopped but mammy peta her so she countinued doing it until mammy got sense ))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    My three year old loves insects, especially spiders. Whenever there is one in the house, she wants to collect it and cuddle it! Her older sister and brother hate them (as do most people) but she is the opposite.
    On Sunday morning, she was downstairs with the older two and my wife and I were having a well deserved lie-in. At around 9.30, she woke me up to tell me she had been "cuddling" a spider when it had run up her sleeve. She was distraught because she was worried the spider was lost! I had to laugh, if it was either of my other two kids, they would have been freaking out if a spider even looked at them, if one had gone inside their clothes they would have needed counselling! I found the spider and she wandered off again, delighted to have her friend back. :)

one of my favorites so far wat a cutie!!!! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

My six year old daughter's best friend, Molly spent a couple of days in hospital last week. Today was her first day back at school following her illness.

My daughter: Mammy, Molly was in hospital last week but she is all better now. She was so brave the hospital gave her a 'sick-tificate'.

This morning kids were playing with there dad so they were all a bit hyper and my 3yr old hes gas turns around to his dad and said will you ever calm down you loola just made them more excited laughing about it was great!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

I forgot to give my 5 years old her glasses for school, I told her: no worries, will bring them over during your break. What time do you have break at?
    her: we have one at snack time, one at yard time, and another one at home time

Gettting my son dressed ready for montessori this morning so i take out new boxers for him and he says ah thanks love for these the pants annoy me couldn't stop laughing

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭ikol_

put my little fella to bed the other night and went to go the bathroom about a hour later, i hear from his room hi daddy, hi daddy, i know from experience not to answer him, so a couple of seconds later he goes "Ah Bollix" nearly wet myself laughing..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

We had guests staying in the spare room over the weekend which is next door to my one yr olds room, about 3 am I heard weird noises so turned on the monitor - one of our guests was snoring quite loudly and her self was trying to copy him after each snore - it became a rhythmic constant snore off.. Thank god guests didn't hear her - literally breathing in loudly thru her nose and then following with blowing raspberry type noise... Not much sleep for us that night!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

dublinlady wrote: »
    We had guests staying in the spare room over the weekend which is next door to my one yr olds room, about 3 am I heard weird noises so turned on the monitor - one of our guests was snoring quite loudly and her self was trying to copy him after each snore - it became a rhythmic constant snore off.. Thank god guests didn't hear her - literally breathing in loudly thru her nose and then following with blowing raspberry type noise... Not much sleep for us that night!
    We both had colds two weeks ago, so lots of sniffling, sneezing and nose blowing. L was copying all the sounds! He even scrunches up his face the same way we do when we blow our nose. He also now copies strangers who snuffle! And of course, all followed by giggling. Aren't they little clowns at that age?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

We both had colds two weeks ago, so lots of sniffling, sneezing and nose blowing. L was copying all the sounds! He even scrunches up his face the same way we do when we blow our nose. He also now copies strangers who snuffle! And of course, all followed by giggling. Aren't they little clowns at that age?

Haha A is exactly the same! You can't cough within a 100 meter radius or she's trying to beat u!!! All my family were asking me how she was coping so well at er birthday party as she was so sick.... I had to say I'm afraid it's not her that's sick - it's you!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My brother was leaving to go to Australia for good, we were at the airport and she (3) was running around trying to hug and cheer up everyone who was crying,

when she suddenly exclaimed "This is exhausting can everyone come to me for hugs" and stood there with her arms open.

i had to run over and give her one after that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

my ds2 is 2 today and the older 2 made such a fuss of him this morning kissing and hugging him and promising him cake - his fav thing in the whole world. he has no idea what is going on, but knows there is going to be cáca milis - 'cáca....., bagoo .. cáca' (bagoo is his brother)

My little man is one today, and it made me smile while we were singing him happy birthday this morning and he did this wriggling-his-bum dance to it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

My youngest said teacher told them to get some "Rosemary" beads to say their prayers....I disappeared into the kitchen and doubled myself up with silent laughter.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8 miahar

our daughter told us today that the thing she hears most is "i love you" and the thing she feels most is "hugs" and the thing she sees most is "the love in our family" - well im not joking ya - we nearly cried. Glad she knows that we love each other and love her and our little fella xx honest to god, its days like today that let us know we arent doing a bad job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭Kevhog1988

Done the hardest thing ever yesterday evening, after a brilliant day with my 19 month old little boy, loads of playing on cars, with his tools etc i had to drop him home to his mammy. He tried to follow me back out of the house as i left shouting daddy and banging on the porch door :( 2 more weeks of work before i see his little smile again

today my 8 month old and i were having a snuggle in bed he put his two hands on my face said mama then gave me a slobbery kiss lol my heart melted nearly cried!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

The wee'un handed me a piece of paper with some gobbledegook scrawled on it. I looked closer and saw it was a note written in perfect mirror writing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

jaysus, how old is your wee one?
    my daughter made her daddy a birthday card completely unprompted by me. nice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The wee'un handed me a piece of paper with some gobbledegook scrawled on it. I looked closer and saw it was a note written in perfect mirror writing.

Redrum?

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Redrum?
    Or threats to the neighbour! :)

Put my one year old on a swing yesterday, he had a Ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

2 year old at bedtime.... 'No mammy, I'll read story to you'. Opens the book and knows the whole thing off by heart. hah.

Sweet! Counting down to No Mammy, I'll pay the mortgage. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

Smallest boy is 3yr and 1 month..... woke me last night at 1a.m. coming into my room and poking me gently (i think he may have been still asleep !)

Me... ok son, do you want a drink ?

Him.... no, can i play naughty birds on your phone

Me... ok, let's get you back to bed... :)

On Sunday I was showing him angry birds on the phone, I thought he had forgotten about it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

ghosttown wrote: »
    Smallest boy is 3yr and 1 month..... woke me last night at 1a.m. coming into my room and poking me gently (i think he may have been still asleep !)

Me... ok son, do you want a drink ?

Him.... no, can i play naughty birds on your phone

Me... ok, let's get you back to bed... :)

On Sunday I was showing him angry birds on the phone, I thought he had forgotten about it...

yeah, they forget nothing....wee sponges taking it all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

ectoraige wrote: »
    I hope our three-year-old doesn't meet yours, she might get a few ideas. Every few days when we've told her she can't do something, she'll respond with "When you and Mammy and my brother are dead I'll be able to watch cartoons whenever I want."

She's still working on this, by the way. Driving home recently from Dublin to Sligo, she was sitting in the back with her six-year-old brother. There was the usual chatter, arguing, and singing to pass the time, I wasn't paying very much attention until I heard her threaten him with "I'll glue you to the road and then a big car will come and squish you."

Then on Monday morning she was sitting waiting on the stairs when my wife came past carrying our 4-month-old baby downstairs. My wife suddenly stumbled on the last few steps and hurt her ankle, but managed to hold onto baby. She got a big fright though and understandably was very upset until she reassured herself that baby was okay. She was also puzzled as she didn't know how she fell, she presumed one of her slippers must have come off her foot.

A while later they were all eating breakfast and our daughter was quieter than normal when she suddenly burst out crying "I'm sorry Mammy, I stuck my leg out, that's why you fell". I guess the pressure finally got to her. She'll need to learn to cope with it if she wants to take up a career as a homicidal maniac.

• Administrators Posts: 13,803 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

While I was serving the 4 year old his 3RD COURSE (!) of breakfast this morning he sat at the table and said "It's like you're my servant."!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,194 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

ectoraige wrote: »
    She's still working on this, by the way. Driving home recently from Dublin to Sligo, she was sitting in the back with her six-year-old brother. There was the usual chatter, arguing, and singing to pass the time, I wasn't paying very much attention until I heard her threaten him with "I'll glue you to the road and then a big car will come and squish you."

Then on Monday morning she was sitting waiting on the stairs when my wife came past carrying our 4-month-old baby downstairs. My wife suddenly stumbled on the last few steps and hurt her ankle, but managed to hold onto baby. She got a big fright though and understandably was very upset until she reassured herself that baby was okay. She was also puzzled as she didn't know how she fell, she presumed one of her slippers must have come off her foot.

A while later they were all eating breakfast and our daughter was quieter than normal when she suddenly burst out crying "I'm sorry Mammy, I stuck my leg out, that's why you fell". I guess the pressure finally got to her. She'll need to learn to cope with it if she wants to take up a career as a homicidal maniac.

I find your post strangely reassuring :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

He is just rurning 15 months and has started holding my hand when we are walking along... So cute.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭battleaxe88

Well its Mothers Day today and for me the best part of today has been hearing my 3 1/2 year old say "Happy Muddas Day". She had a speech delay so this is the first year Im hearing her say it! Think ive asked her to ay it at least twenty times!

Advertisement