Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

6 yo son comes into our room this morning and sleepily announces "I'm not doing my own yawn anymore, I'm doing a cats yawn from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Was over at the in laws today and brother in law was admiring my little fella's 'Cars' t-shirt... Cue darling son (3)pulling down his shorts (brother in law didn't know what was coming next,...:-D) so that he could show brother in law his new 'Cars' underpants...
    We were in knots. :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

Not mine, my 2 year old niece, have been telling her that I will have a baby soon, yesterday had her in my arms, n she looks down my top n shouts "baby!"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Was minding my 7 year old twin cousins last week when the little girl turns around to my mam and out of no where says 'do babies come out your bottom? I saw it somewhere in a book!'. My mam just didn't know what to say!

The little boy was asking me if my cats/dog were boys or girls, so I told him that the dog was a girl and one of the cats was I girl, he got this real cheeky look on his face and was just like, 'oh they will be having babies soon then!' The look of horror his face when I tried to explain that our animals won't be having babies as they are neutered.. 'You took out their baby makers? Did that not hurt?! Will my sister have to get hers taken out too??'

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

5yr old boy in car in way home from school: 'is secxy a bad word?'
    Me:' how would you use that word?'
    Him :' you know hey sexy laydee'
    Me : yeah prob best not to sing that in school sexy is a word only adults use '
    Him: 'Does gagnam style guy get in trouble too?
    Me ; 'yeah probably'

What can you say to them?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 13,773 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

The 4 year old came running today

Him: Mammy... [5 year old sister] nearly said the 'sh' word.
    Me: (in mock horror!) Oh No!! "Shop"?
    Him: No!... "Shut Up"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

^^^^
    Tell tale tattler, buy a penny rattler
    When you go to school, they'll call you a fool :p:D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭ladysarah

I was in a restaurant today and father asks daughter is your belly fully? Daughter roars never and then proceeds to roar my belly is never full! gas child. parents seemed to be mortified.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

I dont know if I wanted to smile or cry...

He is 18 months today and suddenly appeared up sitting in his high chair. We could not figure how he got there and I took him out only to watch him climb up on the chair, over and on to the tray of the high chair, spin 180 degrees on the tray and sit himself into the seat...

I was 50% proud and 50% petrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

CaraMay wrote: »
    I dont know if I wanted to smile or cry...

He is 18 months today and suddenly appeared up sitting in his high chair. We could not figure how he got there and I took him out only to watch him climb up on the chair, over and on to the tray of the high chair, spin 180 degrees on the tray and sit himself into the seat...

I was 50% proud and 50% petrified.

Chairs today...Everest in 17+ years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

My 2 year old decided to help me get dressed this morning. She gets down off the bed, full of determination and pulls out a pair of knee high boots, then hands them to me with a big grin, saying 'Shoes!'

I had to tell her it was too hot for me to wear them, so she decided to try them on herself instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

"I just love broccoli and carrots"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

My 7 year old daughter and 4 year old sons conversation having lunch I was standing in the hall listening!

Daughter to son " do you know why women have boobies"?

My son " yes cause there girls they need them"

My daughter responded " no to feed babies with!

After I said its not nice to talk like that I walked out of the room and couldnt stop laughing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

My nearly 3yr old daughter "what's your Dream daddy?" me "to have a lovely family and to be happy. What's your dream sweetheart?" "to watch mickey mouse on telly!"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

Our not even 2.5yr old was playing outside one evening this week when he turned to his daddy and said 'come here and do us a favour'. My husband just fell around the place laughing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I was getting dressed earlier after a shower. My 4 year old son walked into the room and looked at me. "Mommy, your willy fell off, we have to get you a new willy" and walked out again. I hear him to his father "We need to go to Tesco to get Mommy a new willy" calm as anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

At my 5yr olds sons match and they lose....again.....this is really begining to get up my nose cause i am ultra competitive. So we are in the car coming home and I say "disappointed about losing today?" and he goes "nope daddy cause it's not about winning.....it's about having fun"

Nearly had to stop cause my eyes were so welled up. 1000 times prouder of him then if he had scored the winning goal

Love ya son

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

My son got all his junior infants books back from school today . Got such a kick of seeing his copies and all the stuff he did during the year. Amazing to see his own personality in his drawings.
    Teachers are great too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My 16 month old has just started to give kisses and he makes a "mmmm" noise when he does it. Anyway yesterday I was holding him while his daddy was about to go to work. He came over to say goodbye and L pushed our heads together and went "mmmm" until we had a kiss! :)

My 16 month old has just started to give kisses and he makes a "mmmm" noise when he does it. Anyway yesterday I was holding him while his daddy was about to go to work. He came over to say goodbye and L pushed our heads together and went "mmmm" until we had a kiss! :)
    Thats adorable my one year old does this too but decides he want to lick my whole face too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

hollster2 wrote: »
    (only post without thanks guess it wasnt that funny :( )

Sorry, but the humour was lost due to the poor spelling and grammar. I'm not having a go at you, I'm just explaining why I personally didn't find it funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

My 5 year-old son and I were playing with the Solar System Explorer app (highly recommended even for adults) on his tablet last night and chatting/answering questions.

When I was leaving for work this morning, he asked me how long would I be in work so "we can talk about the planets again when you comer home".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Voltex

Eldest son (6) had a lesson on what floats and sinks in water and was explaining this to his younger brother (4).

The older fella gave examples of things in class that sink..stones, chalk, coins...he then asked his younger brother what he thought would sink..he said "gates, buggies and aliens"...pi ssed myself listening to it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭positron

Waking up in the same bed with my 2.5 year old daughter, she asks to play 'I spy'. I give her a couple of easy ones to guess and she gets them straight away. Then I up the challenge "something with wings, but not a bird or a butterfly". She scans the room and comes up with various stuff, but can't crack it. Finally I tell her it's the guardian angel wall hanging thingee.

She looks at it in disbelief for a while, and then goes "Oh yeaaaaaaaaahh......", and proceeds to give me a hug, couple of pats on my shoulder, and "Good girl man. Good girl man daddy".

Me: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My daughter and friends were doing to princess dressup thing in the garden and my 2.5 yr old son wanted in so he spent the afternoon in a sparkly pink tutu delighted with himself running around the place and showing off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Went to Glasnevin cemetery with the small fella yesterday. He has an odd obsession with all things Michael Collins, so we said we would bring him to the grave. Went to the grave and he was heartbroken since he thought he was actually meeting the man. So we explained that he has gone to heaven, but that he would be happy that he took the time to talk to him and put a flower on the grave. After we left the grave, he turns around to us and says "Now we have to get a helicopter and go to heaven to Michael Collins" Oh childish innocence.

lynski wrote: »
    My daughter and friends were doing to princess dressup thing in the garden and my 2.5 yr old son wanted in so he spent the afternoon in a sparkly pink tutu delighted with himself running around the place and showing off.

My 4 year old son did this other day. Even though he had a fireman sam outfit he insisted on wearing his sisters nurses outfit.

He thought it was great the innocence, I wasnt going to let him first but it was all a bit of fun. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

2 year old is calling me from her room first thing in the morning. I didn't sleep well, roll eyes, I am trying to stay in bed 5 mins longer. Don't know why she doesn't just come in to me as normal for a chat. She just keeps saying MAAAAAAMMMMY, and I keep calling her name back. I give up when she just starts saying it over and over. I go in, slightly bleary eyed... 'Yes, here I am, what do you want'. She gives me a sheepish grin and says 'You look very pretty today mammy'.

heh. Can't stay cross with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Today I got pooed on, peed on and then he vomited all over my boobs, all within ten minutes. I still think he's gorgeous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

pwurple wrote: »
    2 year old is calling me from her room first thing in the morning. I didn't sleep well, roll eyes, I am trying to stay in bed 5 mins longer. Don't know why she doesn't just come in to me as normal for a chat. She just keeps saying MAAAAAAMMMMY, and I keep calling her name back. I give up when she just starts saying it over and over. I go in, slightly bleary eyed... 'Yes, here I am, what do you want'. She gives me a sheepish grin and says 'You look very pretty today mammy'.

heh. Can't stay cross with that.

my three and a half year old used do that now its "Mom, Mom, MOM IS IT TOO EARLY?" to which i inevitably respond "yes" if its before 9am, back to sleep she goes :D

i love this stage when they can actually understand you and do what you say :D

Advertisement