Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

My grandson had his hand down the back of his pants, suddenly he shouted,
    i've a hole grandad i've a hole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

While i was putting up curtains my 20 month old set up a little production line in her room on the floor, putting her own nappies on 5 teddies. Entire container of baby powder emptied onto their teddy bums (the carpet) as she was at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

my 3 year old heard some banging noises coming from upstairs saturday night, so she asked "what's that?"

i replied with "that's the elf on the roof checking on you for Santa"

she then suddenly shouts "elf is that you on the roof" she then paused for a moment before sighing and saying "oh i can't hear him" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

Skipped her 2am feed!! My boobs didn't even wake me like they normally would so I'm like a new woman today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

My 4yo after finally beating a difficult level of angry birds. Doing a dance in the middle of the room sing "little bo**oxs I ll burn your babies" Look of pure delight on his face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

My 15 month old leaned over and gave me a kiss!! <3 I melted!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

My 9 month old has learned how to wave bye bye, so cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I just found my six year old daughter sitting at the dining room table making paper jewellery while doing a piece to an imaginary camera. I stayed just outside the room but I could see and hear everything she was doing.

She was giving step by step instructions on how to make her Christmas jewellery and was holding the jewellery up to the 'camera' and giving advice like "be very careful with the sissors and ask a grown-up for help etc.".

When she had completed making the jewellery she said "If you would like more information on how to make fantastic jewellery like mine, just checkout my website - www.ruby.co.uk.com", (She has a bit to learn about web addresses yet) lol :D

I have to say she was funny to watch but she really brought back lots of happy memories of Saturday mornings spent watching Mary Fitzgerald's Make & Do programme on RTE 1.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

sHe walked..... :D:D

Has been taking a few cautious steps over the last fortnight and then this evening just upped and walked from the kitchen into the sitting room. I nearly fell down.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

MrsD007 wrote: »
    I just found my six year old daughter sitting at the dining room table making paper jewellery while doing a piece to an imaginary camera. I stayed just outside the room but I could see and hear everything she was doing.

She was giving step by step instructions on how to make her Christmas jewellery and was holding the jewellery up to the 'camera' and giving advice like "be very careful with the sissors and ask a grown-up for help etc.".

When she had completed making the jewellery she said "If you would like more information on how to make fantastic jewellery like mine, just checkout my website - www.ruby.co.uk.com", (She has a bit to learn about web addresses yet) lol :D

I have to say she was funny to watch but she really brought back lots of happy memories of Saturday mornings spent watching Mary Fitzgerald's Make & Do programme on RTE 1.

Thats fab she sound adorable!!! A career in tv awaits!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

MrsD007 wrote: »

Get that girl a Youtube channel!!

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭L0ui5e

I was explaining to my 4 year old about the SVP toy appeal..smallies who don't have as much money as we do who would like an extra present etc.
    So I was in the process of my spiel and I got as far we'll buy a child (a toy).. and mini me looked at me and said (in his high pitched curious tone) BUY A CHILD? !!!!!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

3 year old crying in bed at 6am. I went in to him and pulled his blanket up again and gave him a kiss. In the saddest little voice he just said, "I don't like Frosty the Snowman."

"Me neither," I said as I tucked him in.

Wonder what he was dreaming about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

My daughter who's 32 months said to me this morning, clodagh not my best friend momma, your my best friend! Well my heart melted :-D

Then she told me she needed to go doctor,as her mouth sore and she needed mecidine and for him to brush her teeth. There was a little bit of orange stuck in her teeth lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Short version: I was able to reason with my daughter last night, and she surprised me by doing one better than I expected, and she's not even two! :D

Long version: She was up around 2 am last night and kept the wife up for 90 mins trying to get back to sleep in her own bed. Wife who is also 4 months pregnant with our second one, was well beyond knackered gave up and brought her to our bed as she wanted. She lies down, and tries to cuddle up to the wife again, who is literally about to cry from exhaustion. I explain to her that mamy is crying because she's is tired. Remember the baby inside mamy? Both baby and mamy needs sleep and she can't sleep when you are cuddling up like that. Mamy wants to sleep.

She goes all silent for about 10 seconds and then goes "Dada up". And once I got up she wanted me to pick her up and goes "Mamy crying. Mamy tired. Mamy sleep. (in) Mamy bed. Dada come. (her name) bed."

Off we went and slept in her bed together till 7 am!! I was gobsmacked how she fought for an hour to get into our bed, and somehow understood what she should really do for everyone, and got that done. She turns two in January. I felt extremely proud, and daft for underestimating her at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

The young fella (2 1/2) was eating his pasta and homemade sauce today and I heard him saying "pook, pook". Thinking he'd got sick, I came running, but realised he was pointing at the (admittedly not very attractive looking) sauce and saying "pook nice".

Apparently, "puke" refers to any gloopy-looking substance in his world...

CaraMay wrote: »
    sHe walked..... :D:D

Has been taking a few cautious steps over the last fortnight and then this evening just upped and walked from the kitchen into the sitting room. I nearly fell down.

And yesterday kicked a ball out if the way while walking. Now mad for football games :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

At the risk of sounding like pageant dad, another story... like I mentioned couple of posts back, 'sleep in mamy's bed' is an ongoing problem here. After another night of her staying up for a few hours trying to get into our bed, wife decided to confiscate her favorite toy - peppa pig tea set - for the entire day. We took took it off her and put in on the stairs where she could see it but not touch, and she knew she was being punished for acting up the night before.

Last night, she slept the whole night in her own bed (woke up twice, but went straight back to sleep, no fuzz, no drama), and this mornings conversation went like this:

her: "Maya 'wake." (declaring herself awake)
    wife: "Oh wow, look who sle...."
    her: "teeeee settttt...."
    wife: "that's right... you can have your te.."
    her: "one cupaa teee... for mamy. and dady. and naanaa... (pause) Noooo.... offeeee..." (Nana drinks coffee)

On the way down, she picks up the tea-set, and with a ear-to-ear grin goes:

"Maya did it" :D "Maya Happeeeeee" :D

Ah my little man has learned what 'cuddly for mammy' means and he now comes over to give me a hug. He is just gone one and its so cute as he sprints the last couple of steps into my arms.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

With the change in routine my son is having trouble going to sleep at night, three times this evening he came out, and I was beginning to get really annoyed at this, when he said to me "I don't feel too well over the last couple of weeks" so I said I know love theres alot of things going around. "Yes mammy, especially at christmas". So im looking at him thinking poor love, when he deadpans "yeh like humbugs" I cried with laughter... bless him hes been mad for telling jokes for the last few weeks and they're pretty brutal, so this was a beaut! !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

I was cleaning up the kitchen earlier, then went into the living room to do a bit in there. The young lad (6) was in watching telly. He hadn't seen the new tatt I got done yesterday as he was away last night and only got home earlier. Conversation was something like this....

Tom: Hey Dad, I love your new tattoo.
    Me: Thanks buddy.
    Tom: Dad, you look like Maroon 5 with all your tattoos now. (awwww) :D

I told him I was getting Wolverine done soon and he said it was "awesome", he then asked if I was getting Iron Man done. Jokingly I said yes and he turns and says "Cool Dad, you'll be like a walking Marvel comic!"

Kids!! rolleyes.png

He danced for the first time (to Brittany and will.i.am but will worry about that bit later :) ) and also was heading for the fire today and I said no and shook my head and he shook his head back at me. Do now when I say no he shakes his head :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Has grown manners overnight! Bumped into a child in creche while running over to me at collection time, stopped and said "so sorry, excuse me please" to the other toddler. Big kisses and a bit of a chocolate snowman in the car on the way home for that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

My five year old just asked me how to spell A,B,C,D,E,F G hahaha.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I'm not sure if 'smile' is appropriate to describe my reaction but ever since some unscrupulous visitor nicked my wife's umbrella from outside our apartment a couple of months back my three year old has been plotting his revenge in a series of ever more gruesome ways. It started out with a simple arse-kicking, graduating quickly to a stabbing in the stomach with a bread knife before becoming more intricate. Yesterday she imagined putting out another umbrella, this time with a bomb glued to it so he'd blow his hand off as soon as he opened it and today she explained how she was going to find out where he lived, break in, take all his food and replace it with poisoned bread and watch him slowly die...

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

I'm not sure if 'smile' is appropriate to describe my reaction but ever since some unscrupulous visitor nicked my wife's umbrella from outside our apartment a couple of months back my three year old has been plotting his revenge in a series of ever more gruesome ways. It started out with a simple arse-kicking, graduating quickly to a stabbing in the stomach with a bread knife before becoming more intricate. Yesterday she imagined putting out another umbrella, this time with a bomb glued to it so he'd blow his hand off as soon as he opened it and today she explained how she was going to find out where he lived, break in, take all his food and replace it with poisoned bread and watch him slowly die...

I will never get on the wrong side of your little one!

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭badgerhowlin

My 1 year old now for the past week has learnd how to say tuc(stuck), she did only say it when she was stuck but now, she is always tuc. Even in the middle of the floor with nothing around her.

She has also pick up saying O God and Lord God. Which she says O Gody Gody Gody or Lordy GodGodGod.
    May got onto the wife about what she is saying during the day.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

3 year old is a scut for hopping out of bed after bedtime. The last night I heard the telltale patter of his feet and went up to put him back into bed. I could hear him leg it when he heard me on the stairs and he just about managed to get back to bed before I got there. He hadn't managed to get under the covers though.

So he was lying on his bed with one arm slung behind his head and his legs crossed. "Mama," he said, cool as you like. "I've been expecting you."

He and pika's little one would probably get along famously as a pair of super-villains.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 charliesangel

My two year old sticking her fingers in her ears and shouting "can you hear me?". Love it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,266 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Das Kitty wrote: »
    3 year old is a scut for hopping out of bed after bedtime. The last night I heard the telltale patter of his feet and went up to put him back into bed. I could hear him leg it when he heard me on the stairs and he just about managed to get back to bed before I got there. He hadn't managed to get under the covers though.

So he was lying on his bed with one arm slung behind his head and his legs crossed. "Mama," he said, cool as you like. "I've been expecting you."

He and pika's little one would probably get along famously as a pair of super-villains.

Do you have a white cat at home at all? :D

Advertisement