Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

my kids helped by my husband got mw a bowl of cereal,a cup of tea and a glass of juice.
    They shared the glass of juice between them,the 2 year old ate the cereal but the cup of tea was lovely:)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

My niece has an ear infection so I was telling my little fella (almost 4) that his cousin has a sore ear, and he replies "aaw, can she not hear anyone's secrets?" :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭hollster2

bubbaloo wrote: »
    My niece has an ear infection so I was telling my little fella (almost 4) that his cousin has a sore ear, and he replies "aaw, can she not hear anyone's secrets?" :-)
    ah that is so adorable :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭freudiangirl

My son discovered his penis.. He is 16 months so it is his new toy
    He laughed everytime he touched it
    Was cute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I was tiggling my 10 month old today and i always say tigy tigy tigy as im doing it. When she had enough she pottered off and i was still sitting on the floor when she came up behind me and lightly tapped my back and said ti ti ti.
    It was so cute. :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

I felt her move under my skin :)<3

• Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭guppy

For seachtain na geailge the boys had a class ceili which parents attended and participated in. Talking about it afterwards, he told me I was the best dancer there! (I think all our praise is turning back around on us!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Little man woke up, marched in through our bedroom to the en-suite. He sat on the loo and I heard the plop plop sounds! Next thing he says "i spy with my little eye something beginning with P".
    I laughed my head off. :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

My 6 yr old reliably informed me that st Patrick came to Ireland to teach us Irish. I think the whole St Patricks Day /Seachtain na Gealige might have gotten a little confused.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭positron

2 year old has started teaching us valuable lessons by copying our replies and tones...

"I have only two hands..." (when asked to pick up something and if she already has something with her)
    "I am too busy sleeping / playing / watching peppa pig / talking on the phone / feeding birds / reading / walking " (when asked to do anything that she doesn't fancy right at that moment)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

harsea8 wrote: »
    Youngest son did a poo in the potty (rather than in his pants or on the floor)...sounds crazy, but that brought a huge smile to the face!

Same here 2days ago so happy we bough him Toys when to roll and bowl all over poo!!

Money flushed down the toilet

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭AllthingsCP

When they come home from school saying Daddy my Girlfriend is such an such lol brilliant.

Or i had loads of fun today daddy. brighten your whole day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

13 month old has learnt what a kiss is and has started kissing everything from the dog to her book to her chair - very very occasionally will we get one!!

We were all siting down having dinner asking our 3 and 7 yr old how they got on in school and montessori, our 3 yr old just out of the blue turned to his daddy and said... "Daddy your my hero" was adorable hubbies face lit up!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,195 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Leant over to give my daughter a kiss before she went to sleep. Got a roundhouse to the face. "Kick goodnight, Daddy!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

She's still in my belly, but I played some system of a down for her and she went mad :-D she's gonna be my little rocker!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

My 5mo does this 'flirty' thing where he lowers his head, looks up through his eyelashes and gives little half smiles when he is trying to get someone to smile at him. Today he was sitting on his changing mat as I changed his vest while doing it. I looked around wondering what he was looking at, assuming it was one of the dogs (he also does it to the dogs) but they were behind me. Then I realised that he was looking right at my box of breastpads on the shelf above him and trying to engage with the photograph of the baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We went to visit her aunt, who was suffering from a pounding hangover. My two year old started practicing hooting noises into the spout of the watering can, seeing how loud she could get, so I told her that aunties head was sore and she needed to be quiet, maybe she could play jigsaw instead (although that isn't much quieter with the yelps of "I did it!" and clapping for every piece)

Very serious face on, she went and got a blanket and teddy, makes her lie down on it (both hands on her face, pushes her head down onto it), shushes me and pulls me out of the room. Toddles off again and brings in her beaker of water for her. One more trip, gets her cousins toy stethosccope and thermometer and starts poking her with them, trying to get the thermometer into her ear, and the stethoscope down her top. I was laughing away, but I had to take her out of there at that point, before poor auntie got any more 'care'.

Feeding 10 month old his ready break i turned for a second to get him another spoonful....... What was in his mouth was now all over his face hair pjs.

I said to him who did that? so with a cheecky expression hands feeling the sticky ready break hes says baba was so funny

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My 16 month old took my face in her hands and gave me a kiss on the nose :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Every morning when my OH is leaving to drop our 11.5 month old to her nannies. I give her and then him a kiss good bye. Her latest thing is once she gets her kiss she pushes her daddy's cheek over so I give him a kiss. And now when we laugh at her she laughs as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

After watching hotel Transylvania my five year old son is obsessed and convinced he is a vampire. He has taken to calling himself vampire John (John is not is name). When in the car the other day he asked me did I know when he was born that he was a vampire. I said no. To which he replied Well you sure had the wrong baby kiddo!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,291 ✭✭✭positron

Me to the other half: Careful when you bring her up - remember S - U - S - I - E is on the stairs... (Susie is my daughters doll that badly needs a wash)
    2 year old: I want ESS, UU, SSS, AI, EEEE.... want ESS, UU, SSS, AI, EEEE..... please mamy please dady can I have ESS UU SSS AI EEEE please......

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭mojopolo

My frustrated 9 year old son today turned around from his desk and said 'I wish I was a dog cause I would eat my homework'

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭ghosttown

My 5yo son this morning was asking about the big funeral on TV, and I was explaining what a Prime Minister was (or thought I was).... when up he pops;
    "Daddy, I have an important question"

"Yes son ? " (Expecting something profound)

"Do the drain monsters eat all the poo ??"

What do you say to that ! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭ladypip

ghosttown wrote: »
    My 5yo son this morning was asking about the big funeral on TV, and I was explaining what a Prime Minister was (or thought I was).... when up he pops;
    "Daddy, I have an important question"

"Yes son ? " (Expecting something profound)

"Do the drain monsters eat all the poo ??"

What do you say to that ! :-)

Five years olds are the masters of changing the subject arent they!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

When ds intends to shake his 16 month old head to say no, he unintentionally shakes his shoulders and arms too. V cute

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

14 month old had a tough day - only had 1&1/2 hr nap at lunchtime instead of the normal 2 cos the dog woke her up, then she was busy trying to figure out how to walk for the afternoon...by dinner time it was all a bit much - she had 4 bites, I looked down to get another spoonful and when looked up she was sound asleep! :)
    Ten min power nap and back to the dinner - tis tough being one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭yoda2001

When I give my 2 year old the thumbs up sign, he gives me the index finger. Just can't isolate that thumb yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

There's an ad on the tv lately for one of the financial institutions about what people are saving up for, and my 8 year old son very seriously replies to the tv: "my first car".
    My god, talk about planning for your future!

Advertisement