Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What your child did/said that made you smile today.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

Do you have a white cat at home at all? :D

He's been asking for a cat a lot recently, actually. Hmm!

And he likes when I sing Goldfinger to him.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Das Kitty wrote: »
    And he likes when I sing Goldfinger to him.

Who wouldn't like that, in fairness?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

My 1 year old now for the past week has learnd how to say tuc(stuck), she did only say it when she was stuck but now, she is always tuc. Even in the middle of the floor with nothing around her.

Hah, mine loves telling me she is stuck as well. We got her this picture book, current fav.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stuck-Oliver-Jeffers/dp/0007263899/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1358418154&sr=1-1

• Registered Users Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭nozzferrahhtoo

Just got an email from by OH who says our daughter (2.5 year old) just said:

"I'm just going to check if some wolves are coming in our house, ok Mammy?"

the other day she came out with:

"Mammy.... bunnies are just.... so.... complicated!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

My daughter 3.5 years old, was listening to her ipod this morning on the way to school, when she realised i had put olly murs troublemaker on it for her, she smiled from ear to ear singing it all the way out to the car,

i strapped the seat belt on her seat and as i leaned over her to reach the buckle to plug it in she just kissed me on the cheek and said "thank you mommy i love that song"

:D made my heart melt so she did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 lou the wrench

just before xmas my 4 yr old daughter asked me with a really serious face "DADDY how does santy get down the chimney when hes so fat " so i said its magic she then started singing that song by pilot "whoa whoa whoa its magic you know " me and the missus burst out laughing havent a clue where she got it from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96kwILL35ig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭hoodwinked

just before xmas my 4 yr old daughter asked me with a really serious face "DADDY how does santy get down the chimney when hes so fat " so i said its magic she then started singing that song by pilot "whoa whoa whoa its magic you know " me and the missus burst out laughing havent a clue where she got it from

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96kwILL35ig

lol does she watch disney channel at all? for the Wizards of Waverly place movie they were using it in an ad for the movie, the song also featured in the movie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

When I was putting my eight year old son to bed last night, he got a fit of the giggles, he was in the stitches laughing, I don't know what over! Sure that started me off and the two of us were in a heap on the bed in the fits of laughter over nothing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Pressurised Container

In tears at some of the stories!!

I hurt my back a few days ago so hobbling around. This morning my 2.5yr old was getting outta her carseat and goes don't worry mam I've got this and shimmied outta the car! She patted me on the bum and said thanks and toddled into creche!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Putting the buck down to bed every night, I give him a kiss, say "night, night" and sometimes "love you". Tonight I got "love you mammy" back for the first time :D

He plays harder to get than his daddy did ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,100 ✭✭✭ectoraige

I'm not sure if 'smile' is appropriate to describe my reaction but ever since some unscrupulous visitor nicked my wife's umbrella from outside our apartment a couple of months back my three year old has been plotting his revenge in a series of ever more gruesome ways. It started out with a simple arse-kicking, graduating quickly to a stabbing in the stomach with a bread knife before becoming more intricate. Yesterday she imagined putting out another umbrella, this time with a bomb glued to it so he'd blow his hand off as soon as he opened it and today she explained how she was going to find out where he lived, break in, take all his food and replace it with poisoned bread and watch him slowly die...

I hope our three-year-old doesn't meet yours, she might get a few ideas. Every few days when we've told her she can't do something, she'll respond with "When you and Mammy and my brother are dead I'll be able to watch cartoons whenever I want."

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

We've had a rough ole year and god knows our 3 year old boy has put a smile on our faces on many a dark day, but I thought this was clever and funny.... He had a packet of wine gums and I had a twix, but of course he wanted the twix. I gave him one bite and said he'd had enough. He ate a few wine gums and said to me "let's pretend our mouths are hands, and your chocolate is a Christmas cracker!" Within a second he'd put his mouth around my twix and taken a big chunk out of it. I laughed my heart out! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

I caught my little girl (25 months ) with her hands covered in face paint when I got out of the shower this morning.

Me: What is on your hands?

E: *innocent face* I don't know. *Looks down* OH JESUS, it's GREEN! I have to go wash it.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

My 3 year old has just started playing bowling,he's growing up so fast :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭NamelessPhil

My daughter decided to bring a snowball in her pocket into montessori "To show the other kids!".

ectoraige wrote: »
    I hope our three-year-old doesn't meet yours, she might get a few ideas. Every few days when we've told her she can't do something, she'll respond with "When you and Mammy and my brother are dead I'll be able to watch cartoons whenever I want."

It got even worse the last few days. I can't even bring myself to type what she said. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It got even worse the last few days. I can't even bring myself to type what she said. :(

The mind boggles . . Just think of the funny story you ll have to tell her when she older

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

You have to now, though, because you've said that much. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

I was collecting my six year old from school this afternoon and her teacher told me the following:

A boy in my daughter's class won a medal over the weekend in a dancing competition and when any child in the school wins something in a competition it is customary for the child to go on a class by class tour of the school to show everyone what they have achieved and get a *bualadh bos.

Anyway, the class teacher asked my daughter to go with him so he wouldn't get lost :D Ruby decided that if he was going to be showing off his medal she was going to use the opportunity to show everyone her new shoes:o:D

*bualadh bos - round of applause

Shared bath time, and only bath number 8 since I took over the duty on our 2.5 year old daughter, when I was asked "Daddy..... is that your tail?"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

The young fella (2 1/2) was eating his pasta and homemade sauce today and I heard him saying "pook, pook". Thinking he'd got sick, I came running, but realised he was pointing at the (admittedly not very attractive looking) sauce and saying "pook nice".

Apparently, "puke" refers to any gloopy-looking substance in his world...
    my ds2 is not quite 2 and makes words up for things too wawa for some reason is buzz lightyear, ammma is cat, oo-oooa is octonauts, bagu is his brother, baba his sister. so at 5:30am he was up for his morning feed, nursed away and then said i wan nana (food), i wan oo-oooa, No, wawa no bagu i wan bagu. mama i wan bagu'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

me: Aidan whats that?
    Aidan : Its a twee
    Me: No its a tree
    Aidan: Its a twee
    Me: Say TREE
    Aidan: Dylan (other son) tell Mammy its a ****ing TWEE!

"Dont eat me daddy.... if you do I think I might be gone"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

2 Year old little lady...

Highness: Daddy what time it is?

Me: What time is it....

Highness: I DUNNO!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭The Rook

Mrs Rook was just putting Baby Rook (2 years and 2 months old) down to bed tonight: Baby rook was singing "Old McDonald had nothing, he was very sad. He had no cows, he had no sheep eee eye ee eye ohhhh"

Little one was composing songs on request last night.
    "Tu veux une chanson sur l'esprit ou sur l'espoir?" (do you want a song about spriit or hope?)
    Pleasantly surprised by both the alliteration and the soft, philosophical nature of the options, I went with the former.

"There was a load of spirits and they opened their mouths and they had bombs in their mouths and their bums were full of fireworks and if you put your hand in there it would get blown off and you'd probably be dead for the rest of your life."

It scanned/rhymed a little better in the original, mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,303 ✭✭✭positron

Two year olds are great aren't they? There must be a 'growth spurt' or something because our 2 year old (turned two early this month) who is just recovering from tonsillitis is now coming up with all sorts of new stuff.

I woke up this morning to hear her singing 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star..' - overnight her brain has put together the entire song in there, and she is now able to sing the whole song without any help or prompting. And then looking out the window and watching the refuse being collected, she notices the bin men hanging off the back of the truck - and she goes "Careful Man.....". And as I get my motorcycle gear on, she does the usual "ave a dood day daddy" followed by a thoughtful pause, turns around again with a serious look, raises a finger and goes "careful daddy, careful.".

I am already starting to the miss having a tiny baby around the house who does baby things... Sure, we have another one on the way, so that will help...

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭NextSteps

My toddler pointed at a whale in one of his books and said 'Mama'. I know I'm pregnant, but gee thanks, kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Feeling mad broody these last few weeks and I asked E if I should get another baby. 'Sure Mamma, here you share my baby' and handed me her doll! :)

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,072 ✭✭✭✭beertons

First time in here!

*waves

My 16 month old climbed the stairs for the first time today. Only his second attempt. I almost fell down to the bottom from melting.

Advertisement