Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    D'oh! I'm not expecting any more Semogues this side of Christmas.. There is a slim chance they will arrive but it will probably be just after..

Well then I'll just have to go with the 2015 and not the 2015HD. I'll pick up a 2015HD for myself some other time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

oscarBravo wrote: »
    I got all excited when I saw the Muhle travel brush, then disappointed that it's not in stock. You'll hardly have it before I fly to South America next Friday?

Sorry there were some due in but the shipment is delayed. Enjoy S. America, I spent a few months there and loved it.

Ordered a fair whack of gear today, shipped 2 hours later? Nice!

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭GD

Chris - when will you have the Floid back in? Need to treat myself to an early Christmas present .... And will you be getting the Spanish version? Note you already have both Italians listed. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

GD wrote: »
    Chris - when will you have the Floid back in? Need to treat myself to an early Christmas present

I was going to do the same myself, and also order some Speick ASL, but alas ... I suppose you'll have them the other side of Christmas Chris?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Chris - when will you have the Floid back in? Need to treat myself to an early Christmas present .... And will you be getting the Spanish version? Note you already have both Italians listed. Thanks.

I own both the Italian and Spanish Floid and the Italian Floid is far superior. Don't waste your money on the Spanish Floid.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

It is the Italian yellow one that I have my eye on. BTW, what's the alcohol content like in it?

Thanks for the heads up on the Spanish Floid.

I can't decide between the blue and yellow Italian Floid so will have to get both - this shaving lark is very addictive.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ordered a fair whack of gear today, shipped 2 hours later? Nice!

Anything nice?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

Cabaal wrote: »
    Anyone nice?

I heard he ordered three blondes and a red head...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I heard he ordered three blondes and a red head...

doh, meant to say anything nice!
    :pac:

So chris has really started to stock a wide range of goods :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

DonJose wrote: »
    I own both the Italian and Spanish Floid and the Italian Floid is far superior. Don't waste your money on the Spanish Floid.

*cough* I like it, the menthol is much much stronger on freshly shaved skin, than the Italian version. I also think the Hydrogenated Castor Oil does a great job of 'sealing in' after the shave.

No issues with it, using it since I got it, the bottle is transportable, if you have a wash bag, it has the same restricted dropper style neck, meaning you can invert the bottle and give a vigorous shake and splash, into the palm, without a mess.

They both have their place on the shelf, so to speak.. They are two different 'characters' though. The Spanish Floïd has no Geraniol or 'Talciness'.

The bottle is made of very sturdy glass, with a nice cap, it'll be one I'll repurpose for another product, after I've finished it. Label comes off with some washing liquid and warm water.

GD, you have a PM..

Cheers Amalgam ... replied to you, you old Son of a Gun :eek:

There are some due in very soon actually! Probably Monday or Tuesday.

Can someone give me a Vs. opinion?

Taylor of Old Bond Street -=V=- Cyril R. Salter

Now that Chris has the Cyril R Salter in stock I might pick up the Mint, it looks almost.. edible.

It's a pity the pictures on the website are with the lids on, as the creams have very enticing, lush\vivid colouring. Curious as to how they perform.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Received today: Merkur Progress (long handle), Proraso sensitive soap and Proraso healing gel. Prompt service and beautifully packed, as always. Thank you.

Good to see the Floid back in stock. :) Just ordered one classic (Italian) and one Blue (Italian).

Chris you should stick a note up on Badger & Blades Forum in the "Vendor Corner" as the Americans can't get Floid and there looks to be a lot of interest there ...

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

Ordered from Connaught when I could have ordered from here but didn't know there was free shipping under 50. Order would have been the same price when free shipping is part of the deal. Not only have I not bought Irish but I have to wait longer for my first encounter with Harris soap in that lovely mahogany bowl...darn. :o
    Next time though...are you having a sale on St Stephen's Day like the stores here in the off-line world?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭source

* 1 x Merkur Futur Razor
    (Select Finish: Satin Chrome)
    * 1 x Gillette 7 O Clock Super Stainless Razor Blades
    (Bulk Discount: 20 Blades)
    * 1 x Alum Block
    * 1 x Taylor of Old Bond St Shaving Soap Refills
    (Select a Scent: Sandalwood)
    * 1 x Taylors Sandalwood Aftershave Lotion

Just ordered a load of new stuff, have decided to take the plunge and buy a safety razor, the mach 3 just aint cutting it for me anymore. I think while getting used to the blade, the alum block will be useful :D, have been wanting to buy one for ages but postage from the states for that much stuff would have been nuts.

Amalgam wrote: »

Now that Chris has the Cyril R Salter in stock I might pick up the Mint, it looks almost.. edible.

It's a pity the pictures on the website are with the lids on, as the creams have very enticing, lush\vivid colouring. Curious as to how they perform.

not sure about creams but i love taylor for soaps and aftershave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭seosamh

Anyone know where I can get a case for a long-handled Progress? Seems that cases are only available for the standard one. Thanks.

Cabaal wrote: »
    Anything nice?

Just a starter kit for myself and some stuff for a present

2 x Proraso Pre and Post Shaving Cream
    2 x Merkur Progress Long Handle 510001
    2 x Two Of A Kind DE Blade Sample Pack
    2 x Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream Tubes
    2 x Styptic Pencil
    1 x P160 Shaving Soap Soft
    1 x Muhle Selection of Shaving Brush Holders (Select Color: White)
    1 x Semogue 2015 Silvertip Badger Shave Brush

Incidentally, how long does the free shipping usually take? It was posted on Friday, and nothing arrived yet. Usually doesn't take 3 days for anything to get here from within Ireland via standard post :confused:

Think of the season, the world and his missus are sending stuff to each other..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

seosamh wrote: »
    Anyone know where I can get a case for a long-handled Progress? Seems that cases are only available for the standard one. Thanks.

Need to buy one of the Merkur soft leather ones AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭MediaTank

They sure do - think dayglo colours. I've used the Mint and Citrus and both are very good. I found that I had to use a bit more cream than with Taylors but that was it.

Think of the season, the world and his missus are sending stuff to each other..

I know it's Christmas time and all, but stuff from England is still gettin here in 3 or 4 days from ebay, my letters are still making Dublin and Cork in the 2. I don't care about my own stuff, but there's a present in that delivery too, would f*ck up my Christmas if it doesn't arrive ;)

Just a starter kit for myself and some stuff for a present

2 x Proraso Pre and Post Shaving Cream
    2 x Merkur Progress Long Handle 510001
    2 x Two Of A Kind DE Blade Sample Pack
    2 x Taylors of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream Tubes
    2 x Styptic Pencil
    1 x P160 Shaving Soap Soft
    1 x Muhle Selection of Shaving Brush Holders (Select Color: White)
    1 x Semogue 2015 Silvertip Badger Shave Brush

Incidentally, how long does the free shipping usually take? It was posted on Friday, and nothing arrived yet. Usually doesn't take 3 days for anything to get here from within Ireland via standard post :confused:
    It should have arrived next day but it seems An Post missed you. I will PM the tracking info so you can look at the status.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    It should have arrived next day but it seems An Post missed you. I will PM the tracking info so you can look at the status.

Outstanding, thanks very much! An Post are jerking me around I think, the last time they left a parcel on my back porch, didn't leave a note and it was there for two days in the bad weather.

This time no missed delivery docket was left at the house..useless!

I'll sort them out now that I know it's up there and I'm not making a fool of myself.

*Edit: Postie tried delivery on Saturday, nobody home. Didn't leave a docket but didn't say why..I told them in future to leave a slip in the door if they are leaving parcels in the P.O. or at my back door :mad:*

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Morning Lads,

Chris received my parcel this morning that TOBS avocado smells good enough to eat.

Thanks for the fast turnaround again superb service

• Advertisement

Hi all,

Just wanted to say thanks to shaving.ie, got the stuff i ordered yesterday this morning and had my first DE shave, best shave i have ever had, the fusion is being resigned to the cupboard for travel purposes.

Advertisement