Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Amalgam wrote: »
    The Floïd certainly livens you up, very nice this morning. If anybody is in any doubt, I'd buy it again, knowing what it is now. I have a relative going over to the Canaries this week, I'm hoping the 175ml 'Spanish' Floïd (orange\blue?) is available somewhere.

I found it here for €10.45 + €2.50 shipping

http://vintagescent.com/aftershave-splashes-c-3/floid-aftershave-splash-p-3

I'm on the lookout for new exotic aftershaves ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭tinner777

Chris,
    get to the post box with my stuff pronto boy ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I see Blue Floïd is in stock now. Lovely bottle.

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Floid-Blue-Italian-After-Shave.html

..and Genuine Floïd is back in stock. Great value, when you break it down by volume. 400ml.

http://www.shaving.ie/products/-Floid-The-Genuine-Italian-After-Shave-.html

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Amalgam, whats the scent from the Floïd like?

Also Chris any luck sourcing any straight razors, or is there even enough demand for them?

Cabaal wrote: »
    Not overpowering, as DonJose said.. it also changes somewhat, from bottle to face, a hint of Cherry flavoured cough sweets.. and musk, from the neck of the bottle, but the smell on your skin is totally at odds to that, with the musk and the talc being the main marker, for others to pick out. Leaves a powder-like, musk, smooth, but not sugary, scent behind.

Not a modern smell at all, I think my grandfather probably had brilliantine that smelt similar.

There's alcohol in it, denatured, but you wouldn't know it unless you read the back label. There's no punch to it when applied to the skin.

floidbottleandcap.jpg

A big bottle, 400ml, with a narrow dropper like hole to allow you to splash out the product on to your hands. 1 glass piece. No plastic, apart from the separate cap.

floidbottleneck.jpg

There's a rather odd warning on the back, more or less an Engrish style legal threat!

Oh heck, might as well go the whole nerd nine years, here are the ingredients:

Alcohol Denat
    Aqua (Water)
    Glycerin
    Sorbitol
    Parfum (Fragrance)
    Amyl Cinnamal
    Benzyl Benzoate
    Benzyl Cinnamate
    Benzyl Salicylate
    Cinnamyl Alcohol
    Citronellol
    Coumarin
    Geraniol
    Menthol
    Benzyl Alcohol
    Ethoxydiglycol
    CI 19140
    CI 15985
    CI 16255
    CI 14720
    CI 28440
    CI 42051

40010 - Bologna - ITALY - Made in EU

www.intercosmoonline.com

--

So, it's the Geraniol and the Menthol creating such a strange mix. I wasn't won over instantly, because, as I stated above, the scent goes through a bit of a transformation, given a bit of time to evaporate on the skin.

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Cabaal wrote: »

Also Chris any luck sourcing any straight razors, or is there even enough demand for them?

All the straights I want to get are unavailable at the moment but I am on a waiting list to get a few nice ones in. Its a long waiting list though:mad:
    I dont think there is much demand as there seems to be quite a bit of care and work involved to keep them in good working order.. im still interested in getting them anyway:pac:

Cabaal, very subtle. It's gone after an hour though. Geraniol and Musk, with a heavy powdery undertone, the menthol kicks in as well, for the first ten minutes or so after applying, on freshly shaved skin.

The orange one is very classic in style, the blue has a higher alcohol and menthol bite, from what I've read.

It leaves my skin silky as well, I have a feeling it doesn't evaporate totally. Something stays behind and works on your skin, God knows what though.

You can splash from the nozzle, or use an atomizer sold by several merchants online.

atomizer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Just ordered two tubs of TOBS from shaving.ie, the Avacado and the Lemon and Lime.

The Body Shop tub that I had was great cream, but didn't have any kick to it, and a very subtle but clean scent, so looking forward to something with a bit more scent! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,977 ✭✭✭✭event

never knew this site existed :)

ill have to try and get some stuff, my face is always red after shaving even after using every product going

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭Le King

Love still site for keeping me race track in order.

• Advertisement

Osu wrote: »
    Love still site for keeping me race track in order.

???

• Registered Users Posts: 6,804 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Going to order some Floid from Chris.
    Don't know how he makes money,must cost a fortune to post those big bottles.

Seven Worlds will Collide

Going to order some Floid from Chris.
    Don't know how he makes money,must cost a fortune to post those big bottles.

The heavy stuff (P160, Cella, Floid) is an issue alright... I will have to review the postage costs at some stage again due to the arrival of the 1kg + products :(

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old'n'Cranky

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    The heavy stuff (P160, Cella, Floid) is an issue alright... I will have to review the postage costs at some stage again due to the arrival of the 1kg + products :(

I for one would have no problem paying postage for the heavier stuff. If I recall correctly it was €6 postage for 1/2 kg of P160. Yet the item was sent with free postage because it was over the €10

OldnCranky wrote: »
    I for one would have no problem paying postage for the heavier stuff

+1

Chris, the Taylor Of Old Bond Street Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion, does that evaporate well, or will it leave a balm like feel after?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I've no problem with paying shipping on larger items as long as smaller items remain free.....£6 shipping for a pack of blades from UK ffs! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭bothyhead

I wouldn't mind paying postage on any order. I've got a few orders from Chris where the postage cost has been about 3.50, and my order value has probably been just over the 20 eur mark.

Once the postage amount is fair, I can't see too many people complaining. What is annoying, however, is when someone on ebay, for example, charges a tenner for postage, and the frank mark shows it cost 1.20 :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old'n'Cranky

bothyhead wrote: »
    What is annoying, however, is when someone on ebay, for example, charges a tenner for postage, and the frank mark shows it cost 1.20 :mad:

True very true. Even the cost of packaging wouldn't bring it up to that much, which is another thing that wasn't factored in when I said the postage was €6 for the 1/2 kg of P160 from shaving.ie

Chris, the Taylor Of Old Bond Street Bay Rum Aftershave Lotion, does that evaporate well, or will it leave a balm like feel after?

Amalgam, I'm not 100% sure to be honest.. I cant justify treating myself to another aftershave! Taylor's say it can also be used as a cologne so I would have thought it would evaporate but I could be wrong.

• Advertisement

I have some,it leaves a slight balm feeling.
    TBH it wouldn't be a favourite Bay Rum of mine - I find the scent very light and fades very quickly.My bottle forms a sediment in the bottom of the bottle,don't know if this is normal.

Pinaud Virgin Island is yer man - especially for the 'fires of hell' feeling on the face :D

Chris when you get new stock don't be afraid to shout about it ;) I found and ordered the following which I found hidden on your site.

Taylors St James Collection Luxury After Shave Lotion
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/Taylors-St-James-Collection-Luxury-After-Shave-Lotion.html

To complete the collection I had to get the Floid blue ;)

Floid Blue Italian After Shave

DonJose wrote: »

To complete the collection I had to get the Floid blue ;)

Floid Blue Italian After Shave

DonJose, tell us how that relates, in strenght and scent, against the Italian and Vigoroso (Spanish).

About updates, doesn't Shaving.ie have an RSS feed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

The RSS feed is great, I've added it to my igoogle.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Wanted to say how awesome the service is from shaving.ie! :D
    Placed an order at 9:27 on Monday, it was shipped at 12:15 on Monday, and arrived in the post on Tuesday! Incredibly well packaged with plenty of bubble wrap too. Tried the TOBS lemon and lime tub last night, very nice scent, nice lather and a very nice shave from it. Looking forward to trying the Avocado next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Have to agree with you Damo, in fact I was already about to post the same thing. Placed an order this morning and it's already on the way, hoepfully get it tomorrow...

The Lemon and Lime sounded a bit "zesty" so I tried the Avacodo, going from a few posters here, still think I'll L&L in the summer when I normally wear clinque Happy, they could have a very nice mix!

Still Kudo's to Chris, compared to a number of companies I've used in Ireland and the UK that has to be by far the fastest turnaround I have ever seen. He'll definetly get more of my money.

Gillo wrote: »
    Still Kudo's to Chris, compared to a number of companies I've used in Ireland and the UK that has to be by far the fastest turnaround I have ever seen. He'll definetly get more of my money.

Agreed, the vast majority of companys in Ireland who sell stuff on-line suck!

They either ignore e-mails, incorrect prices, charge insane shipping, have same prices as normal shops or there site is forever "Under Construction"

Gillo wrote: »
    Have to agree with you Damo, in fact I was already about to post the same thing. Placed an order this morning and it's already on the way, hoepfully get it tomorrow...

Agreed x 2. I'd like to see shaving.ie grow and have a bigger selection. I'd also like to see them stock Blue Bird blades. They have to be one of the best blades out their. Terrific shave and a great price.

Another supporter definitely.

Got a bottle of Floid and some TOBS Avocado from Chris today.(Tues night - arrived this morning - we're spoiled)

The Floid is a man sized bottle - lifetime supply !

Just dabbed on some Floid - I think I'll like it. My sister was around at the time, she said it's like Johnsons Baby Shampoo :pac:

Will lash it on it the morning after a shave with DonJose's Bluebird :)

• Advertisement

Another supporter definitely.

Got a bottle of Floid and some TOBS Avocado from Chris today.(Tues night - arrived this morning - we're spoiled)

The Floid is a man sized bottle - lifetime supply !

Just dabbed on some Floid - I think I'll like it. My sister was around at the time, she said it's like Johnsons Baby Shampoo :pac:

Will lash it on it the morning after a shave with DonJose's Bluebird :)

It's a wolf in sheep's clothing, you'll only get that menthol kick after shaving.

Advertisement