Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Fajitas! wrote: »
    Link please!!
    http://twitter.com/shaving_ie

I currently have 0 Followers :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'm the first follower :)

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,792 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Second!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

third, stick a link in your sig and the site and you'll see things increase quick enough I;d say :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Shaving.ie is a great site. Super fast shipping. Can't go wrong with them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Amalgam wrote: »

Very nice alright but good god its expensive :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Nice selection of new blades in, I can highly recommend the Gillette Super Thins.

Any plans to increase the DR Harris range? Am looking to stock up on Sandalwood aftershave and one of their aftershave milk (balm).

Nice selection of new blades in, I can highly recommend the Gillette Super Thins.

Any plans to increase the DR Harris range? Am looking to stock up on Sandalwood aftershave and one of their aftershave milk (balm).

Think I have the aftershave alright but just been too busy to put it up... I will hopefully get a chance to add more things onto the site tomorrow. I don't have the milk though but from what I've heard its something I will be getting in the future.

Looks great alright.. I wonder what the grip would be like though! Don't think i've seen any reviews for it yet.

• Advertisement

Chris I see you got these in now, this based on Amalgam's use of one? :)

atomiser-floid-aftershave__49987_zoom.jpg

The sites product range is really expanding, some really great stuff available to people now.
    nice to see you getting a bigger range of the big boxes of blades

Cabaal wrote: »
    Chris I see you got these in now, this based on Amalgam's use of one? :)

Yes! I think he did mention it here before..:)
    The sites product range is really expanding, some really great stuff available to people now. Nice to see you getting a bigger range of the big boxes of blades

Thanks.. I hope to keep adding to it and sort out existing stock levels this month now that some manufacturers have finally started shipping again. I think there is now a nice variety of products to choose from and i'm really enjoying running the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Received some stuff for my bday,

63366313eb32081db200732.jpg

That'sFloid Blue, Cella Shaving Soap, Proraso Balm & Proraso Cream

I've submitted some reviews for the stuff and I'm impressed with everything there.

I also got the sample pack of blades, and have tested the feather ones which gave a lovely close shave, I'll test out the others but I could easily see myself stocking up on a 200 pack of those ninja's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Temptation..

merkur37cslant.jpg

The Merkur 37c HD Slant Bar is currently priced at €24.99.

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Merkur-37c-HD-Slant-Bar.html

---

Chris, are any versions of the Merkur 42 1904 you have in stock, 3 piece razors, or just the normal Merkur 2 piece design?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,302 ✭✭✭JohnMearsheimer

Ordered my stuff last Monday and it arrived last Wednesday. Got some Taylor of old Bond Street Pre Shave Oil, Taylor shaving cream, alum block, selection of blades and a Muhle R106 safety razor. Already had my own brush.

Tried it out today for the first time and was very pleased with the results! I've been shaving 10 years and I think today was the most pleasant shave Ive ever had. My skin usually gets really red and raw after shaving but not today. I'll never go back to a 3 blade or muck out of a can! I can't believe my Dad gave up shaving like this.

Thanks shaving.ie, I'll def be back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Temptation..

The Merkur 37c HD Slant Bar is currently priced at €24.99.

Would someone give me a brief 'theory and practise' of the Slant :)

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Received my latest shaving supplies, had my first shave with a PermaSharp blade, good blade and very close shave and finished off with a splash of Trumpers coral face food :) Thanks again for the fast delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Would someone give me a brief 'theory and practise' of the Slant :)

I've used slants and I'd recommend the short handle over the long handle, you have more control with the shorter handle, these things bite so shave slowly ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Bought some aftershaves, balms etc recently but it seems the cart has to be over 50 yo yos to avail of free shipping now?? can we get the sticky of "where to buy" modified as it states 20 Euro there when in fact you need to spend 50. It's a little high IMO. I already have the expensive items bought like the razor, brush...it's just consumables I'll be buying from now on. Your thoughts? :)

It's a little high IMO.
    Postage is expensive and once bulkier items were introduced it did not make sense.

For a simple example look at P160 or Cella shaving soap. To ship slightly over 1kg costs €7.50 by standard packet post. So if someone bought a block of cella and a packet of blades to knock it over €20.. approximately €8.50 would go towards p+p.

Here is a comparison of how shipping below €50 is subsidised..
    Postage starts from 1.49 for small items like blades, styptic pencils ect..
    250g-500g An Post €3.85 = 2.99 from us
    500g-1000g An Post €6.00 = 3.99 from us
    Over 1000g An Post €7.50 = 4.99 from us
    4.99 is the maximum you would have to pay regardless of weight.

Packaging is another cost to consider on top of postage. I put a fair amount of effort into making it fair and good value.

it's just consumables I'll be buying from now on. Your thoughts? :)
    Variety is the spice of life!

• Advertisement

Having seen the amount of packaging Chris was including in heavy bulky orders that were only costing me say 20-25e yet he was doing free shipping on them I honestly fully understand the shipping fee's being introduced.

The fee's a very reasonable tbh

Even at those fee's the packaging has to be costing him :)

OK point taken on the delivery charges...it's a great website with great prices and quality stuff (I've heard so much about this proraso pre/post balm...can't wait to try it) and I'll be buying for the foreseeable future. :)

Package arrived today. The Proraso gear is the bizzo. Unusual scent will take getting used to but very effective on banishing razor burn.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Guramoogah

Thumbs up to Chris for his excellent store. He keeps his website up to date and provides very prompt delivery. No skimping on packing, indeed you may miss some extra goodies in the packing if you're not careful!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Howdy folks great site.

I hate shaving, hate it. A blade is a blade to me, but I have to say I'm intrigued since I came across it here.
    I have used a gillette sensor excel for years now, maybe that's the reason I hate shaving.

I have gone thru' threads here on DE razors and reckon I'll take the plunge.
    I'm actually very surprised on how cheap the refill blades are.

I was half thinking of going for one of the starter kits on shaving.ie.
    Thing is though, there's a choice of one of four razors :confused:

Help convert me folks :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Boom Boom

Tend Skin Liquid Skin Care Solution

Lads anyone any experience on using this product beginning to run low on a few items so will be putting in an order soon enough and seen this might throw it into the mix

thanks

DeadSkin wrote: »
    Thing is though, there's a choice of one of four razors :confused:

The Merkur Progress comes with a short or long handle. It is an adjustable razor which allows you to change the angle of the blade. Most people will opt for the longer handle as it is closer in size to modern razors but there is not much between the two apart from a bit more weight in the longer handle.

The 1904 and Mühle R89 are both fixed head razors (non adjustable). The 1904 is Nickel plated and the R89 Chrome. Both are good razors but I would lean towards the R89 as it is probably all round the better razor.

At the end of the day once you find the blade you like and develop a good technique they will all work very well.

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    The Merkur Progress comes with a short or long handle. It is an adjustable razor which allows you to change the angle of the blade. Most people will opt for the longer handle as it is closer in size to modern razors but there is not much between the two apart from a bit more weight in the longer handle.

The 1904 and Mühle R89 are both fixed head razors (non adjustable). The 1904 is Nickel plated and the R89 Chrome. Both are good razors but I would lean towards the R89 as it is probably all round the better razor.

At the end of the day once you find the blade you like and develop a good technique they will all work very well.

Thanks for the reply shaving.ie.

What's the advantages/disadvantages of fixed vs adjustable?

Also, you say the Merkur Progress comes with a long handle, are the R89 & 1904 not available as long handle?

DeadSkin wrote: »
    What's the advantages/disadvantages of fixed vs adjustable?

You can set the blade to be more or less aggressive depending on how much hair you have to shave.

Sometimes I might put my progress on 2.5 others I may do it on 1.5 and do a second pass at 1 as it doesn't need to be as aggressive on the second pass.

I'd prefer have adjustable over fixed myself

• Advertisement

You can set the blade to be more or less aggressive depending on how much hair you have to shave.

Sometimes I might put my progress on 2.5 others I may do it on 1.5 and do a second pass at 1 as it doesn't need to be as aggressive on the second pass.

I'd prefer have adjustable over fixed myself

Cheers dude.

Looks like adjustable it is so, as I said earlier I'm not a fan of shaving, so there are times it's pretty thick.
    I'll possibly go for the long handle too, if it's closest to the size of modern razors.

Advertisement