Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options
1565758596062»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Anyone with an opinion on what is the best available sandalwood scented shaving cream? I usually get TOBS shaving creams but I'm partial to DR Harris as well.

Tobs is good but the GFT is awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Cortecs wrote: »
    I actually like Proraso Sandalwood. Harris is good too.

I can't really use TOBS anyway as it seems to burn me. Bought Coconut recently as I thought it might just have been their Sandalwood but I can't use that either. Must not agree with my face whatever the heck is in TOBS.

I've heard of this before. I love the tobs creams -
    Have 5 different ones - but there must be some essential oil in them that doesn't agree with some people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,095 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Orion wrote: »
    Tobs is good but the GFT is awesome.

Agree with the cream but not with their soap.

Also does anyone wonder why shaving.ie seems to have glowing reviews of every product? I submitted a 2-star review of something but for some reason it was never approved and doesn't show on the site.

In future I'd be more inclined to ignore any reviews on that site to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

Cortecs wrote: »
    I actually like Proraso Sandalwood. Harris is good too.

I can't really use TOBS anyway as it seems to burn me. Bought Coconut recently as I thought it might just have been their Sandalwood but I can't use that either. Must not agree with my face whatever the heck is in TOBS.

I wonder if it contains lanolin. I have a problem with that – can't use Mitchell's Wool Fat, for example.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Azatadine

I don't think lanolin is my problem as I can use MWF. Interestingly though, TOBS soaps don't irritate me, just the creams. Face feels on fire as soon as the lather goes on. Stays red for a few hours too.

I googled it before and it seems to be somewhat common.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Any idea when you might have mitchels wool fat shaving soap back in stock?
    Just running out of it and was hoping to put in an order for 3-4 of it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,319 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

^^^
    It's about 2 years since Chris (shaving.ie) posted on Boards AFAIK

^^^
    It's about 2 years since Chris (shaving.ie) posted on Boards AFAIK
    They made him stop because they said he was advertising. Mail him directly and you will get a reply straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Anyone here had an order posted or communicated with Chris post Xmas?

Have sent him a few emails over last couple weeks and nothing back

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Anyone here had an order posted or communicated with Chris post Xmas?

Have sent him a few emails over last couple weeks and nothing back

Yes, i ordered a TOBS cream the week before last and got it within 2 days. Great service in fairness - and the boards.ie discount is still working.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Yes, i ordered a TOBS cream the week before last and got it within 2 days. Great service in fairness - and the boards.ie discount is still working.

Enquired about a returns process of something I bought (unused obviously) as I received teh same as an Xmas present. Was going to return and get some natural soaps if I could

Latest email was couple days ago and nothing. Can understand if he doesn't do returns for non warranty issues but would be nice to at least know the story

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭9or10

Mr Velo wrote: »

Interesting - how does that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

9or10 wrote: »
    Interesting - how does that work?

just put in the coupon code "boards.ie" at the payment screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I have to imagine either possibly playing catch-up today after last week's disruption. So you know, forum rules unfortunately means he can't post here. But you can PM him or give him another chance in email.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Cormac2791

I have to imagine either possibly playing catch-up today after last week's disruption. So you know, forum rules unfortunately means he can't post here. But you can PM him or give him another chance in email.

Previous post deleted as it has been resolved! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

I decided to try DE shaving and have put two orders through shaving.ie, both deliveries with within 2 days. Wished I's seen this thread and the discount but I'll be ordering blades at least after I finish my trial packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

It's a pretty small discount but yeah, keep in mind. Discounts for other vendors for members of the TSR forum. But sure, let us know here if you need any tips. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,895 ✭✭✭granturismo

It's a pretty small discount but yeah, keep in mind. Discounts for other vendors for members of the TSR forum. But sure, let us know here if you need any tips. Good luck.

Thanks. Whats the TSR forum?

I've got a starter pack of 10 different 5x blade packs and am trying them out with two shaving creams. I think I've plateaued on the amount of shaving videos I can watch on youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

UK based forums where vendors post discount codes for members -

http://www.theshavingroom.co.uk/
    http://www.atgshaving.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

I've got a starter pack of 10 different 5x blade packs and am trying them out with two shaving creams. I think I've plateaued on the amount of shaving videos I can watch on youtube.

Here is a good site for trying different blades http://www.tryablade.com/

Although, I recommend sticking with only one blade for awhile until you get your technique down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭Gwildor

Used shaving.ie for the first time yesterday... Got myself some Irish made beard balm, which is absolutely gorgeous by the way. Anyway, ordered yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning! Quality service and will definitely be using again!

Gwildor wrote: »
    Used shaving.ie for the first time yesterday... Got myself some Irish made beard balm, which is absolutely gorgeous by the way. Anyway, ordered yesterday afternoon and it arrived this morning! Quality service and will definitely be using again!
    I have been using http://www.shaving.ie for more than ten years now. Outstanding service. I have never had a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭loughrey2887

A great service, ordered the fearsome Mhule R41 and 10 feather blades. Shipping does be very fast and it's great the 10% Boards discount code still works (boards.ie) which basically gave me 2 euro off, taking most of the postage cost off the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

just put in my (almost) annual pre-Christmas order, Merkur 15C open comb (I'm feeling brave!) and the usual over-supply of blades and soaps :)

Good choice. I have the 15C (though it's not my main razor). It gives a great shave but it isn't at all aggressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,398 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Michael G wrote: »
    Good choice. I have the 15C (though it's not my main razor). It gives a great shave but it isn't at all aggressive.

that's good to hear, it will be my first foray into open comb so I didn't want something too aggressive.

Advertisement