Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭McDonnellDean

Interesting, that would save a few bob too not using a seperate post shave!

Sweet, I'll pick it up next time so!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,523 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Guys, anyone try the Skin Food from Geo F Trumper?

I'd like to get this next time around for my preshave, opinions?
    I use it after every shave and am very happy with it.Sometimes I use it pre shave but not often but it does improve lather.

Started using a Alum block post shave and find it brilliant even if I haven't nicked myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Another way you can use skinfood is to rub a small drop onto the face before the final pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Shaving.ie not working for me the past 1/2 hour.. anyone else experiencing issues?

Edit. Seems to be back now @ 23:30

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Another great use for skin food is to put a drop or two into your brush before making your lather. It'll give you a really thick luxurious super-lather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭codie

Looking to get a few bits on shaving.ie anyone got a discount code.Thanks

codie wrote: »
    Looking to get a few bits on shaving.ie anyone got a discount code.Thanks

'boards.ie' gives you 5% discount I think

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

Can anyone recommend a new shave soap. I've been using Proraso Sensitive Shaving Soap, the white tub. I like it but would fancy a change. Anybody been in a similar position? What have you switched to??

Check out the RazoRock brand on Shaving.ie, it's good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

jpb1974 wrote: »
    Check out the RazoRock brand on Shaving.ie, it's good stuff.

I would agree RazoRock is worth trying out. I've tried one of their creams and it was excellent.

• Advertisement

Any particular RazoRock guys? I see the classic is out of stock.

I'd imagine they all perform quite well, so just look for a scent that appeals to you and that is in stock.

Okay cheers. Not really sure about scents. Guess I will just try one and see how I get on. Thanks fellas!

I have a couple and scent wise they are pleasant but don't blow me away.. but performance wise they are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I'm really not a fan of the way they name the soaps. You dont really have a great idea of what some of the scents are by their names.

I would go for S. Maria shave cream. It's eucalyptus scented, so if you don't mind eucalyptus, give it a try.

Ok, first of all, thanks to Shaving.ie,

I had some issues with my order because a product was not in stock (Jermyn St Shaving Bowl) instead of just offering a replacement they went above and beyond and I ended up with everything I ordered plus some goodies. You guys now have yourself a customer for life. This sort of simple customer service is why I shop local, even on the interwebs, cheers.

Second. Wow! I didn't know shaving would be so enjoyable. I have had a few shaves since I got my gear and there is a massive difference. Not least the fact that I smell bloody amazing! I'm half debating if I should lather my face even on days I don't shave just for the smell :)

I'm going to pick up some of the Jermyn St aftershave, if it smells anything like the other products in that range it will be epic!

Damn you shaving.ie *shakes fist*

Ordered a few more Jermyn St products, the cologne and the aftershave lotion, the missus loves the smell so I kind of got bullied into the order... I swear!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Bobby42

Hi,

thought this would be the best place to ask,

I got the Muhle R89 Classic razor about two years ago, its a great razor but I notice that the handle now slips off very easily and its bordering on unusable.

I've tried cleaning it, but I cant seem to fix it.

Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Hopefully you didn't ruin the threads, if you did you might be stuck. Probably not the best solution, but you could use that white teflon plumber's tape.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

Took the plunge and ordered the basic starter kit with the Muhle R89 and also ordered a tube of Proraso pre shave cream with green tea and oat.

Ordered just before 12 and already dispatched so may have it tomorrow.

On to Youtube tonight for tips. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

adox wrote: »

http://www.youtube.com/user/mantic59

Shout if you have any questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Just got the starter kit today. Still got a bit of razor burn on my neck, but I'm sure my skin (and me) needs to get used to it...!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Watch your angle, try different blades, work on perfecting your lather, and let the weight of the razor do the work (apply no pressure at all). Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,017 ✭✭✭✭adox

adox wrote: »
    Took the plunge and ordered the basic starter kit with the Muhle R89 and also ordered a tube of Proraso pre shave cream with green tea and oat.

Ordered just before 12 and already dispatched so may have it tomorrow.

Well that was quick. Ordered yesterday at lunchtime and arrived here in work just after 9.00am!!

Is it wrong to be excited about shaving gear arriving??

Is it wrong to be excited about shaving gear arriving??

It's a can of worms...

You convince yourself you're saving in the long run by not having to buy expensive Mach3 catridges... then a year later you've boxes dedicated to the razors, blades, brushes, soaps, aftershave & balms you can't stop buying.

But it's a fun can of worms...

It's a can of worms...

You convince yourself you're saving in the long run by not having to buy expensive Mach3 catridges... then a year later you've boxes dedicated to the razors, blades, brushes, soaps, aftershave & balms you can't stop buying.

But it's a fun can of worms...

Indeed, I've gone from a scaldy dry shave to smelling like a dude who just walked out of an 1920's barber and I regret nothing.... NOTHING!

I really want to try the Eton College stuff, anyone try it?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Is there an option to customise the starter kits?Don't need two brushes or stypic pencils for example.

You can just buy the bits you fancy independently

e.g.

Razor
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/edwin-jagger-de89-chrome.html

Brush
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/semogue-2010-badger-hair-shaving-brush.html

Cream
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/proraso-shaving-cream.html

etc.

If you have a budget/requirements lets us know and we can make some recommendations that fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,414 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

You can just buy the bits you fancy independently

e.g.

Razor
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/edwin-jagger-de89-chrome.html

Brush
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/semogue-2010-badger-hair-shaving-brush.html

Cream
    http://www.shaving.ie/products/proraso-shaving-cream.html

etc.

If you have a budget/requirements lets us know and we can make some recommendations that fit.

Is that Edwin Jagger razor a decent enough model then or should I spend a bit more? No point in buying a "starter razor"and having to buy a decent one later.

Advertisement