Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Any idea when this is back in stock?

http://www.shaving.ie/products/Mitchells-Wool-Fat-Shaving-Soap-and-Dish.html

My cat managed to knock mine in the bathroom yesterday evening and made bits of it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

If you quick there is one there now! I have been told by Mitchell's the next batch will ship on the 17th or there abouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Hi Chris,

Will you be stocking Ingram Shaving again, with the warm weather, I looking for the menthol kick

ike wrote: »
    Hi Chris,

Will you be stocking Ingram Shaving again, with the warm weather, I looking for the menthol kick

I have one last tube available. Not sure if there will be more after this..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭ike

Thanks, Just ordered..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,476 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Chris,
    went to order the dish, but now your out of bulk pack of Derby blades, any idea when you'll have 50 or 100 back?

No worries. I just had a look and there are some left so I updated the stock online. Thanks.

As always Chris, cracking service!

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭NavyandBlue

Do you know if there is any prospect of you stocking the new Grapefruit scented shaving cream from Taylor of Old Bond Street?

http://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/acatalog/taylor-grapefruit-shaving-cream-150g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭DeadSkin

Any idea when the Taylor of Old Bond St Sandalwood Cologne http://www.shaving.ie/products/Taylor-of-Old-Bond-St-Sandalwood-Cologne.html is back in stock - was hoping to get an order in for Father's Day? Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭funkyouup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

funkyouup wrote: »

Zoomed in on the packaging, the one in the image is 100grams. Assume that's the one you'll get.

Do you know if there is any prospect of you stocking the new Grapefruit scented shaving cream from Taylor of Old Bond Street?

http://www.tayloroldbondst.co.uk/acatalog/taylor-grapefruit-shaving-cream-150g.jpg

It should have been in my last shipment but somehow it was omitted. It will be in the next one hopefully and should arrive in 1-2 weeks.
    DeadSkin wrote: »
    Any idea when the Taylor of Old Bond St Sandalwood Cologne http://www.shaving.ie/products/Taylor-of-Old-Bond-St-Sandalwood-Cologne.html is back in stock - was hoping to get an order in for Father's Day? Thanks!

Same as above :)
    funkyouup wrote: »
    The Omega is in 100ml tubes.

Also just a quick update in relation to previous requests more T&H products on the way including aftershave/colognes and Thäter brushes finally arrived..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    Also just a quick update in relation to previous requests more T&H products on the way including aftershave/colognes and Thäter brushes finally arrived..

I was asking for both of these a while ago. Now I don't have the money for them :( I need to start saving better.

Nice additions to the products you carry though.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭Tifosi

Chris

Are you due to get anymore Floid Blue?

Tifosi wrote: »
    Chris

Are you due to get anymore Floid Blue?
    Yes, there is one available currently and a few on the way.

So Chris, I notice you haven't listed the Thater brushes you said arrived (not that I have the money for one if they were listed).

Have you been using one for the last few days by any chance?

hitemfrank wrote: »
    So Chris, I notice you haven't listed the Thater brushes you said arrived (not that I have the money for one if they were listed).

Have you been using one for the last few days by any chance?

I'll have to get the camera ready for a few items that arrived over the past couple of weeks. The Thater's are still sitting in the shipping box but I will get a fair idea of which one I am likely to nab for myself once I get them out of the box. :pac:

You clearly have a lot of self control.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭real stig

Made my first order this time yesterday thinking it would arrive Monday but it arrived this morning, brilliant service!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭BobLeeSwagger

I've ordered twice before from shaving.ie and I was really happy with the products and description gave to them on site. They lived up to expectation. I will be ordering again in the future.

Glad to be able to buy of an Irish site too.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

It's always like that. I've placed about ten orders and they always arrived on time and in full.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

My 3rd order was Sunday, shipped today.. won't arrive until tomorrow.. next working day +1... must be just unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 426 ✭✭Shane Fitz

jpb1974 wrote: »
    My 3rd order was Sunday, shipped today.. won't arrive until tomorrow.. next working day +1... must be just unlucky.

Ordered Sunday evening, late, arrived today at 11am

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Shane Fitz wrote: »
    Ordered Sunday evening, late, arrived today at 11am

Bah... I wanted mine today :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

First post and really had to ordered my first straight razor and other parafanalia from shaving.ie on Saturday posted Monday got here at 7.00 in the morning great service and one of the few I've seen quick delivery from people and experienced it.

Now I just have to try and not cut myself too much.

Is a dovo straight razor ready shave out of the box or does it need honeing

Can you get away with just stroping and who will hone it for you and prices if you know thanks

Well generally no, they are not shave ready out of the box. Dovo do some honing of them before they leave the factory but they are generally not to great. Just give it a try and see how it goes really - they may have improved their honing.

If it doesn't feel right try giving it a strop. Be slow and deliberate when you are learning to strop the razor. The last thing you want to do is not pay too much attention and suddenly you have a cut in your strop.

If it's still doesn't feel right, it will need to be honed. If that's the case I'd be happy to hone it for you for free. I just ask that you cover the cost for me posting it back to you (that's normally under €2). Also, I can't be responsible if it's lost in the post, so make sure it's posted in a padded envelope. If it's sent in a standard envelope it will not get to me.

Once it's honed, you should be able to get a good number of shaves out of it before it needs to be rehoned.

Alright all see what shaving with it is like and maybe try a strop, just hoping I still have my neck after first time:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sjlc

Chris, do you have/sell any aftershave samples? There are a few scents I'm interested in but can't risk dropping the money on something I might not like.

Advertisement