Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭jpb1974

Any Floid Blue available? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

sjlc wrote: »
    Chris, do you have/sell any aftershave samples? There are a few scents I'm interested in but can't risk dropping the money on something I might not like.

It would be a great service, but I don't think Shaving.ie does. However, check out http://connaughtshaving.com/ for samples

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

newkie wrote: »
    It would be a great service, but I don't think Shaving.ie does. However, check out http://connaughtshaving.com/ for samples

They only deliver to uk address

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

JamboMac wrote: »
    They only deliver to uk address

no they don't

http://connaughtshaving.com/deliveryconnaught.html

have ordered from them in the past for items shaving.ie didn't carry.

oops, sorry, as the original question was for samples for aftershave their no alcohol outside the uk comes into effect.

parcel motel should solve that in no time

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Chris, do you have/sell any aftershave samples? There are a few scents I'm interested in but can't risk dropping the money on something I might not like.
    Unfortunately no. If I happen to get some they are usually dropped into orders free.
    jpb1974 wrote: »
    Any Floid Blue available? Thanks
    Yes, I think tomorrow..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭sjlc

Will you be getting in any more TOBS shaving cream soon? Coconut in particular.

Will you be getting in any more TOBS shaving cream soon? Coconut in particular.

Yes, just in the process of updating TOBS stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Got my Proraso cream and Mitchell's Wool Fat soap today.

Had a lovely shave this evening.

Thanks shaving.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Hi Chris - trying to order this but none of the selections of razors allow me to add to the basket - is this bundle not available any longer?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

I'm also looking for a Marlborough stick. Seems like it has been out of stock for a while.

• Advertisement

@jaggiebunnet - They are back now..

@newkie - They are in stock but for some reason the Marlb link was disabled.. should be ok now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

Shaving.ie wrote: »
    @jaggiebunnet - They are back now..

Thanks! order placed.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Mayboy

Hi,

Got the starter kit from shaving.ie today (super service and next day delivery too). I've always shaved with mac3 etc and always had BRUTAL razor burn that gets infected etc. I think its cos I have curly hair and the stubble is probably crly too plus it gets in-grown....Anyway - I had a shave with the razor and it was fast and feels good - still loads of razor burn but I expect this to go once I use it for a few weeks?? Anybody any advice on this?

Also, I got poraso cream and brush - how 'stiff' do you make this ? - a paste or dilute a little to a foam? Or should I use my gilette foam?

Anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

You're far better off leaving the Gilette cream behind you. I always use Proraso and there is no comparison with the chemical-ridden goo you get in a can. You want it something like the consistency of whipped cream. There are good instruction videos on YouTube - look for look for posts by Mantic59 in particular.

Razor burn is usually down to pressing too hard on the razor. You should put only enough pressure on it to let it rest against your skin. The weight of the razor head is what does the work. Shaving against the grain may also cause irritation.

Good luck! It's five years since I switched to DE shaving and it's one of the best decisions I ever made.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Mayboy

Michael G wrote: »
    You're far better off leaving the Gilette cream behind you. I always use Proraso and there is no comparison with the chemical-ridden goo you get in a can. You want it something like the consistency of whipped cream. There are good instruction videos on YouTube - look for look for posts by Mantic59 in particular.

Razor burn is usually down to pressing too hard on the razor. You should put only enough pressure on it to let it rest against your skin. The weight of the razor head is what does the work. Shaving against the grain may also cause irritation.

Good luck! It's five years since I switched to DE shaving and it's one of the best decisions I ever made.

Thanks Michael G, I shaved at lunchtime and the cuts/ rawness was there but now gone/ not red - that is great if it stays like that i'll be well impressed and sticking to the new gear. Thanks for your help!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭bking

Hi Chris

I was wondering if you were planning on stocking Clubman Talc? Or if you'll have the Taylors Sandlewood Talc back in stock? I got the TOBS Sandlewood deodorant from you recently, and i LOVE the scent.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

Mayboy wrote: »
    Hi,

Got the starter kit from shaving.ie today (super service and next day delivery too). I've always shaved with mac3 etc and always had BRUTAL razor burn that gets infected etc. I think its cos I have curly hair and the stubble is probably crly too plus it gets in-grown....Anyway - I had a shave with the razor and it was fast and feels good - still loads of razor burn but I expect this to go once I use it for a few weeks?? Anybody any advice on this?

Also, I got poraso cream and brush - how 'stiff' do you make this ? - a paste or dilute a little to a foam? Or should I use my gilette foam?

Anybody?
    This may sound heretical to the DE shavers here, but I find the Williams brand of shaving gel works fine in conjunction with DE blades-The brand is v popular in France, and I dont know if it can be found in Ireland..I would agree with the poster who said to dump the gilette gel though..

daithi

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭My name is Mud

Hi Chris,

Wondering if the boxes of 100 feather blades (yellow) are back in stock?

Hi Chris,

Wondering if the boxes of 100 feather blades (yellow) are back in stock?

Yes, 100's are back now.

Also on a unrelated note I took the opportunity to upgrade some under the bonnet settings on the site when I came back yesterday. As a consequence existing account holders need to get new passwords to log into their account via the forgot password link at sign in. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Yes, 100's are back now.

Also on a unrelated note I took the opportunity to upgrade some under the bonnet settings on the site when I came back yesterday. As a consequence existing account holders need to get new passwords to log into their account via the forgot password link at sign in. Thanks.

Are you trying to say you fecked up the settings?

• Advertisement

kneemos wrote: »
    Are you trying to say you fecked up the settings?

:pac: Well I was severely jet lagged... but really it was an unavoidable part of performing an upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭McDonnellDean

Shaving.ie, what is the lead time on fulfillment? I ordered my first one on Sunday, got a brush and some of the ToOBS stuff but it's still in fulfillment. I've never ordered from ya before so I wanted to make sure I didn't feck it up... As I have been known to do!

Shaving.ie, what is the lead time on fulfillment? I ordered my first one on Sunday, got a brush and some of the ToOBS stuff but it's still in fulfillment. I've never ordered from ya before so I wanted to make sure I didn't feck it up... As I have been known to do!
    Actually I was going to drop an email to you later as I can't locate one of the items from your order. I should have a number of units available according to stock records but either way I will get back to you as soon as possible via email. Sorry for the inconvenience.

No Hassle, I'm pretty new to all this so perhaps including some example products that are roughly the same would be a big help :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Quick ceist, tried googling, might have answered already....

If one was to buy one of the started packs, are all the blades standard fit? ie. if i buy the set which has the Edwin Jagger DE89L razor, does it fit all the blades in the blades section?

Also, how long life span would you get out of an individual blade?

Thanks for any help guys,...

http://www.shaving.ie/products/the-basic-essentials-safety-razor-starter-kit.html <- This is what i was looking at

Yes, all the double edge blades are a standard fit and are compatible with all safety razors listed.
    Lifespan on average would be 3-5 shaves per blade.. sometimes more sometimes less depending on a number of factors including blade manufacturer and coarseness of beard ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

BKWDR wrote: »
    Quick ceist, tried googling, might have answered already....

If one was to buy one of the started packs, are all the blades standard fit? ie. if i buy the set which has the Edwin Jagger DE89L razor, does it fit all the blades in the blades section?

Also, how long life span would you get out of an individual blade?

Thanks for any help guys,...

http://www.shaving.ie/products/the-basic-essentials-safety-razor-starter-kit.html <- This is what i was looking at

All blades of all makes are identical in size. I normally get three shaves out of a blade.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

Yes, all the double edge blades are a standard fit and are compatible with all safety razors listed.
    Lifespan on average would be 3-5 shaves per blade.. sometimes more sometimes less depending on a number of factors including blade manufacturer and coarseness of beard ect.
    Michael G wrote: »
    All blades of all makes are identical in size. I normally get three shaves out of a blade.

Great guys, thanks for the info.

Guys, anyone try the Skin Food from Geo F Trumper?

I'd like to get this next time around for my preshave, opinions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I have used as a pre and post shave item. If you use it before the shave it will help make the lather on your first pass quite slick.

It works nicely as an after shave balm and that is what i used it for most of the time.

Advertisement