Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shaving.ie

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭noby

Cheers. Probably be next week before I order stuff. Interested in trying out the shavette.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

I there still a boards discount?Tried using boards.ie but didnt work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,551 ✭✭✭Squeeonline

I was ordering from Switzerland and I couldn't use a discount. Shame, but it's ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭BKWDR

I was ordering from Switzerland and I couldn't use a discount. Shame, but it's ok.

I just put boards.ie in the Coupon Code box on the right hand side and it gave me a discount, worked it out, of about 4%. Which totalled 1.44 on a order a little under 40e

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Do you sell a good moisturizer that I could use for both dry skin after shower and after a shave if there's such a thing?
    I was going to get Nivea but I'm putting an order through soon so might as well get it all through yourself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

They probably do but I just want to point out that the supermarket post-shave balms and moisturisers are generally considered pretty good. Personally I avoid Nivea as it's overpriced rubbish. However, Loreal for Men stuff is pretty good.

Lidoff_225x225.jpg

I've been having very good luck with this particular one. Usually I feel moisturisers just clog my pores and make matters worse but this stuff seems to be good even with 2-3 days between showers. FWIW

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Do you sell a good moisturizer that I could use for both dry skin after shower and after a shave if there's such a thing?
    I was going to get Nivea but I'm putting an order through soon so might as well get it all through yourself

You'll get a half litre of aqueous cream in the Chemist for a fiver. Don't find it great but some people swear by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

E45 stuff is pretty good too. Tesco stock it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭andrew1977

I use the below , fantastic cream, i suffer with dry skin on the face, especially after shower and shaving. Found this cream and its the best stuff around in my opinion.Cant recommend it highly enough.

http://www.eucerin.com/en/product-finder/replenishing-face-cream-5-urea/22a6f0d5c35d3bd32b396ffb40a93e4f/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

kneemos wrote: »
    You'll get a half litre of aqueous cream in the Chemist for a fiver. Don't find it great but some people swear by it.

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-30th-january/products-detail-page/ps/p/aqueous-cream/
    EUR 2 a tub in Aldi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Michael G wrote: »
    E45 stuff is pretty good too. Tesco stock it.

You'd need to have seriously dry skin on your face to use E45.

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Michael G

I have. But I'm not talking about the stuff you put on your arse. They have good stuff for the face.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Michael G wrote: »
    I have. But I'm not talking about the stuff you put on your arse. They have good stuff for the face.

Ok valid point! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Rosahane

Late last week Shaving.ie had a new product, a head cover for a R89.

Hmmm, I thought, great idea. So went in to order on Sunday and they have disappeared. Fastest sell out ever :)

Any idea when they will be available again Chris?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Rosahane wrote: »
    Late last week Shaving.ie had a new product, a head cover for a R89.

Hmmm, I thought, great idea. So went in to order on Sunday and they have disappeared. Fastest sell out ever :)

Any idea when they will be available again Chris?
    Yes more on the way in about 1-2 weeks.

Is there any difference between the more expensive soaps and Poraso?what's the fifteen or twenty quid extra for?

Went into Knights during week to pick up Porarso the green one for post shave and was told it was no good for post shave, picked up a tub of another brand (Irish) for 10e - smells like silvermints.

Alas, no 4711!

BKWDR wrote: »
    Went into Knights during week to pick up Porarso the green one for post shave and was told it was no good for post shave, picked up a tub of another brand (Irish) for 10e - smells like silvermints.

Alas, no 4711!

I got the Prorasio after salve balm and can recommend it. Far better than Nivea, Cien or the St James one I found in Tkmaxx.

http://www.shaving.ie/products/after-shave-balm-by-proraso.html

I'm going to try the. Speick one next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

BKWDR wrote: »

Alas, no 4711!

If it was Irish it was either Dr K or The Handmade Soap Co, I'm guessing. Which one was it?

hitemfrank wrote: »
    If it was Irish it was either Dr K or The Handmade Soap Co, I'm guessing. Which one was it?

Had a snoop on their site, can't find it, will upload pic when home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

Is there any difference between the more expensive soaps and Poraso?what's the fifteen or twenty quid extra for?

Short answer: no.

For .50p you can get a stick of Palmolive from Tesco which is in the same league for performance as the most expensive soap. It's purely a luxury item, yet a hard soap will last a long time diminishing the shock of the initial expense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Proraso is above average, I recommend it because it is easy for beginners to lather.
    Other soaps/creams have better properties (cushion/moisturising/scent,etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

I use ARKO soap sticks and find them so easy to use. You just rub it directly on the face and lather it on your face with your brush. The smell isnt to strong and im using the same stick for months and still have half of it left.

I have the sensitive proraso soap in the tub and find it too time consuming in the mornings to the arko soap

hitemfrank wrote: »

It's Dr K that is sold in Knights. I'd be interested in how it performs. I bought the Irish Handmade Soap offering and was very disappointed with it - the lather disappears off your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

Rosahane wrote: »
    It's Dr K that is sold in Knights. I'd be interested in how it performs. I bought the Irish Handmade Soap offering and was very disappointed with it - the lather disappears off your face.

I found the Dr K soap vastly superior than the Handmade Soap Co shaving soap. I had no issues with the Dr K soap disappearing at all.

Yeah that's the one, I just use it post shave and run it on as of its a cream

293215.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭bernard0368

Hi Chris
    When will you have the Alt innsbruk back in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

Hi Chris
    When will you have the Alt innsbruk back in stock?
    Hi Bernard, I just ordered more stock today so I would estimate 6-9 days depending on availability. Thanks..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

chris, whats happened to my account with shaving.ie?

It appears to have been reset, I couldn't login to it so I had to reset my password now it shows no previous orders and my wishlists are gone :(

• Advertisement

Cabaal wrote: »
    chris, whats happened to my account with shaving.ie?

It appears to have been reset, I couldn't login to it so I had to reset my password now it shows no previous orders and my wishlists are gone :(

Can't seem to access it either.

Advertisement