Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Trading Sticky

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,667 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

most of the stuff your looking for is stuff I wont be parting with anytime soon

That's always the way, isn't it? :D

I have a lot of stuff to get rid of. If I can't find someone to trade with I'll just be putting it all up on adverts.

Although I think putting a modded xbox on adverts is against the rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,502 ✭✭✭defenderdude

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's always the way, isn't it? :D

I have a lot of stuff to get rid of. If I can't find someone to trade with I'll just be putting it all up on adverts.

Although I think putting a modded xbox on adverts is against the rules.

Always the way indeed:rolleyes:
    At one stage I had over 200 jamma boards :(
    Any need for pinball parts or williams defender boards?:p

I'm interested in something to run mame through an old TV.
    If you were selling - any idea of price guide? No interest in 2600's?:pac:

Master of the Universe

I'd be interested in a heavy sixer 2600. But I doubt you have an extra one of them knocking about :P

You had over 200 JAMMA boards?! where the hell did they all go?! That's shocking.

The xbox willl run MAME through the tv fine. It's already installed on it actually. Along with a Megadrive emulator and a Snes one. Possibly a NES one too. It's been a while since I've used it so can't really remember the exact details. I did remember having a bit of trouble with MAME though. Some games it wouldn't find the roms. (bad romset probably). I think I used another arcade emulator and it worked great though.

XBMC is on there too. But it doesn't boot up with the console. You have to start it up manually yourself. I actually preferred the look of the one that installed with the mod so didn't bother setting it to boot with XBMC. Can be easily done though.

The stick is one of those official xbox ones. Think it cost me 25 euro a year ago.

So you have nothing else to trade then no? (Can discuss a price somewhere else if you don't. Sales not being permitted here and all that)

I'd be interested in a heavy sixer 2600. But I doubt you have an extra one of them knocking about :P

You had over 200 JAMMA boards?! where the hell did they all go?! That's shocking.

The xbox willl run MAME through the tv fine. It's already installed on it actually. Along with a Megadrive emulator and a Snes one. Possibly a NES one too. It's been a while since I've used it so can't really remember the exact details. I did remember having a bit of trouble with MAME though. Some games it wouldn't find the roms. (bad romset probably). I think I used another arcade emulator and it worked great though.

XBMC is on there too. But it doesn't boot up with the console. You have to start it up manually yourself. I actually preferred the look of the one that installed with the mod so didn't bother setting it to boot with XBMC. Can be easily done though.

The stick is one of those official xbox ones. Think it cost me 25 euro a year ago.

So you have nothing else to trade then no? (Can discuss a price somewhere else if you don't. Sales not being permitted here and all that)

I have a spare six-switch woodgrain 2600 ok. I will root it out, make sure it's working and see what bits I can find with it... games joysticks and psu
    I was holding onto the 2600 to try trade p/x for another A500/1200 but I have since discovered an ATX PSU will work for my old A500 with a small bit of modding - so dont need one (as long as the psu didnt fry the puter as well).

I was looking over old backup drives over the weekend and looking at old arcade pics. I found pics of a harness I built to test the boards with a Philips A500 monitor. I used it to photograph and test for selling on ebay mostly. Most of them ended up in the UK or were given away. At one stage I had 6 or 7 different Street Fighter 2's (orig and clones). Most of the jamma stuff that's out there at the moment are clone boards from what I can tell.

Space was the problem - I was never really after Jamma stuff - all I ever wanted was the Williams boards and full sizes, but usually ended up getting a boot load of board "rescues" which were going to end up in skips. It always baffled the crap out of me how so much stuff was simply dumped, scrapped, burned etc. However, after about 20 upright's, 20 pinballs, 4 or 5 tabletops, well over 250 boards later - I soon realised why the stuff ended up in skips. (space is the place).

The old arcade stuff is awesome - but the real old stuff (pre jamma)it's just so hard and costly (in terms of time and $$) to keep going. Between dampness, rot and rust - time just doesnt look kindly on arcade stuff and unless the cabs are really MINT - they are not really worth the space they take up (to me personally).

I still love the williams stuff and have a number of boardsets, a cab and cp's -but they're not everyones cuppa tea. I'd love to buy Mitches defender table
    but it would be living it's life in a garage as opposed to a place it deserves (wife and kids change priorities/needs very quickly):):)
    Enough of my ranting,:o I'll get some pics for ya and see if you're interested in anything.

Master of the Universe

I have a spare six-switch woodgrain 2600 ok. I will root it out, make sure it's working and see what bits I can find with it... games joysticks and psu
    I was holding onto the 2600 to try trade p/x for another A500/1200 but I have since discovered an ATX PSU will work for my old A500 with a small bit of modding - so dont need one (as long as the psu didnt fry the puter as well).

If that's all good and working I'd really be up for a trade alright. I have a Vader 2600 which I love, but I need a woodgrain one too. Always wanted a six switch but never got around to buying one :)

I was looking over old backup drives over the weekend and looking at old arcade pics. I found pics of a harness I built to test the boards with a Philips A500 monitor. I used it to photograph and test for selling on ebay mostly. Most of them ended up in the UK or were given away. At one stage I had 6 or 7 different Street Fighter 2's (orig and clones). Most of the jamma stuff that's out there at the moment are clone boards from what I can tell.

Ah cool! You should throw a few of them up for the craic. I always love to see photos of bits and bobs people have had.
    Space was the problem - I was never really after Jamma stuff - all I ever wanted was the Williams boards and full sizes, but usually ended up getting a boot load of board "rescues" which were going to end up in skips. It always baffled the crap out of me how so much stuff was simply dumped, scrapped, burned etc. However, after about 20 upright's, 20 pinballs, 4 or 5 tabletops, well over 250 boards later - I soon realised why the stuff ended up in skips. (space is the place).

So you inadvertantly ended up with 200 JAMMA boards? Wow. That's pretty amazing. I guess you got in there at the right time.

The old arcade stuff is awesome - but the real old stuff (pre jamma)it's just so hard and costly (in terms of time and $$) to keep going. Between dampness, rot and rust - time just doesnt look kindly on arcade stuff and unless the cabs are really MINT - they are not really worth the space they take up (to me personally).

I still love the williams stuff and have a number of boardsets, a cab and cp's -but they're not everyones cuppa tea. I'd love to buy Mitches defender table
    but it would be living it's life in a garage as opposed to a place it deserves (wife and kids change priorities/needs very quickly):):)
    Enough of my ranting,:o I'll get some pics for ya and see if you're interested in anything.

It really is a heart breaking hobby at times. The amount of destroyed and scrapped stuff you just cant save because you don't have the room :( Or then when you come across a great cab in the wild being abused/had a hard live. Poor buggers. If I could, I'd have a big house down the country with a warehouse dedicated to old machines..for them to live out their retirement. :)

Anyway, yeah, 2600! if it works, you have a deal!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

lets me know what you'll be putting up o1s1n, might be able to trade you some paper I have for some stuff :P

o1s1n

ok, got a nice 2600, 6 switch. It's actually very clean and works a-ok (but havent had a chance to re-test this evening yet). The orange paint around the frame is nice and intact and the atari logo is beautiful. Got two joys with it and a psu (not original). Could do with a better psu tbh. Havent really got many games to go with it - how about defender (of course), space invaders and Mario Brothers.
    Also I'll give you another 6 switch woody as spares. It's a bit damaged on the case and it's non-working but is possibly a reasonably easy fix or is good for spares anyway. There's 2 more atari joys with it.

I'll test the good one and take a few pics to make sure it's still ok but will probably be tomorrow evening before I can get around to it.
    I'm currently uploading some old pics to photobucket - have a look if youre interested.
    http://s303.photobucket.com/albums/nn149/PvtBogman/

PM me if you are happy to move along with the trade.:pac:
    edit - (the good one is the one with the rf cable around it)

SANY2315Large.jpg
    SANY2316Large.jpg
    SANY2318Large.jpg

Master of the Universe

Pm sent!

And holy mother of JAMMA. Did you rob an arcade?!

Pm sent!

And holy mother of JAMMA. Did you rob an arcade?!

Many arcades... from Cork to Clare and Wexford to Achill to Belfast...

All in the quest of the holy grail (defender):p

I got as much, if not more of a kick repairing/rebuilding them as playing them...

Master of the Universe

Xbox is now gone. And I am three 2600s richer. Cheers defenderdude!

• Advertisement

Xbox is now gone. And I am three 2600s richer. Cheers defenderdude!

Likewise - hope they serve you well. Thanks again. Looking forward to firing it up over the weekend.:)

Master of the Universe

Have an extra Gamegear if anyone is interested. It's currently out in the parents but will pick it up this weekend and see what condition it's in.

Also have the following items -

Dreamcast RGB Scart (Boxed)
    Dreamcast controller (Might be two)

Playstation controllers (Quite a few of these)

Some Megadrive controllers (Not sure of condition)
    Sega Genesis Mark 3. (Import, but I can throw in a step down converter too)

Have some ps1 game doubles I'm looking to get rid of too. Will try and get a list this weekend. The only ones that comes to mind at the moment are Resident Evil 2 and Time Crisis. I also have an extra light gun with Time Crisis if interested. Its a 3rd party one with recoil & a foot pedal.

If anyone wants to buy something instead let me know and I'll put it up on adverts.

Any dreamcast consoles going?

Master of the Universe

I don't have any extra, but if you do get one and need a nice RGB scart cable give me a shout ;) Picture out of it is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Looking for all the old stuff around. Loads of games too when I get the machines. Preferably from Cork. PM me with € & details please....

The likes of....

3DO
    Amiga CD32
    Amstrad GX4000
    Atari 2600
    Atari 7800
    Atari Jaguar
    Atari Jaguar CD
    Atari Lynx
    Bandai Wonderswan
    Coleco
    Colecovision
    Famicom
    Famicom Disk System
    Grandstand
    JAMMA
    Mattel Intellivision
    MB
    MSX
    Neo Geo AES
    Neo Geo CD
    Neo Geo MVS
    Neo Geo Pocket
    Nintendo 64
    Nintendo Game and Watch
    Nintendo Gameboy
    Nintendo Gameboy Advance
    Nintendo Gameboy Colour
    Nintendo NES
    Nintendo Virtual Boy
    PC Engine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Have magazines like these in the photo.

http://www.box.net/shared/3f5u90pmcn

Need Monkey Ball, 18 Wheeler and a black controller for Gamecube.

is anybody at all selling any megadrive games?

I need my fix!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I've got a lovely Vader 2600 here, anyone got anything nice and groovy to trade?
    I have a lot of stuff already so please no megadrives or snes' thanks.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I've got a lovely Vader 2600 here, anyone got anything nice and groovy to trade?
    I have a lot of stuff already so please no megadrives or snes' thanks.

Fancy a PS1? :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,558 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Erm, got a ps1!
    But if someone has as slim PS2 going spare I'll swap it for that!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭kevmcdonnell

have a N64 with one controller and goldeneye that i'm willing to trade for some megadrive games if anyone is interested. Its working perfectely, it is however just missing the cable for the RF modulator to the telly.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,486 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

see link for some old PC games, not sure if they quite qualify as retro yet though :)

I've got two red light flashing Nes consoles here, to trade if someone wants, throw in a zapper and a copy of duckhunt as well as a controller, psu as well here somewhere.

Master of the Universe

Anyone interested in a fully boxed Megadrive 2? I'm just after getting yet another Megadrive in the post, so not sure if I need it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,469 ✭✭✭weeder

found a dreamcast pad and 4Mb card in the press if anyones interested.

I have found a spare copy of Megaman 2 for the NES, anyone want to trade for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭MvsC3

I have the following for trade

Master System 2 console boxed 6/10, missing power supply, has 2 pads and RF lead, also the following MS games
    Sonic 1: cart only
    Golden Axe: boxed 7/10 with instructions 8/10
    Altered Beast: boxed 6/10 with instructions 8/10
    Sonic 2: boxed 6/10 with instructions 9/10
    Strider: boxed 5/10 with instructions 7/10

Megadrive games carts only
    Street Fighter II Sce
    Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3
    Sonic 2
    Mega Games 2

Im not really sure what id like in return, if anyone had a NES or some MD games?

Right I have a few double for trade, PS1, Mega Drive game I'd like so let me know if anyone would like anything.

DSCN2032.jpg

Fifa Soccar - Complete, good condition

Urban & Jungle strike - Complete, good condition

Desert Strike ( classics edition ) x 2 - Complete, very good condition

Eternal Champions - no manual - very good condition

Taz Mania - no manual - genesis cover :S - very good condition

Lemmings - no manual - very good condition

Splatterhouse 2 - complete ( its my own printed out cover though ) - very good condition

Carts are all in good condition - some slight damage to the label on the avergers

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Hi Jack,I'd be interested in Splatterhouse 2 ,does any of the below tickle your fancy?

Unboxed N64 Carts
    Clay Fighter 63 /3
    Diddy Kong Racing

Snes console,leads & 1 pad

Unboxed Snes Games
    Super Mario All Stars (label torn)

Playstation 1
    Final Fantasy VII - Platinum Range (Booklet,Case & Disc's in pristine condition)

Unboxed Megadrive Cart
    Megagames 1 (small sticker on front)

Unboxed Gameboy
    Super Mario Land 2 - 6 golden coins (label torn)
    Super Mario Bros. Deluxe for GBC (Small writing on label)

• Advertisement

Ah no thanks dark savior

anymore ps1 or megadrive games goin?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement