Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Retro Trading Sticky

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

polyfusion wrote: »
    Dot Matrix Game

@ luas_dublin - PM your address or wherever you want it sent, and I'll send it on

PM sent thanks:)

Since I'm getting something , would anyone like a copy of Olympic Gold on the mastersystem?, I've 2 (one sega one and one US gold white one) and I'm not completist enough to want both so same rules , if anyone wants it reply and I'll send it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,611 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

PM sent thanks:)

Since I'm getting something , would anyone like a copy of Olympic Gold on the mastersystem?, I've 2 (one sega one and one US gold white one) and I'm not completist enough to want both so same rules , if anyone wants it reply and I'll send it on.

Cool, I'd be up for that :)

o1s1n wrote: »
    Cool, I'd be up for that :)
    cool , sure pm me on the address and I'll post it out to you (probably be monday when I get a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

Actually, I have a friend who needs a gameboy too so I'm interested in both Gameboys. (Or I could keep them both to myself :D) Still need to get a cart to put LSDJ on though.
    @Atavan How about the Nes,controller,zapper and the super mario bros./duck hunt cart?

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Linoud

Unboxed N64 Carts

Clay Fighter 63 /3
    Super Smash Bros.
    Lylatwars
    Diddy Kong Racing

Unboxed Snes Games

Super Mario World
    Super Mario All Stars (label torn)

Unboxed Nes Games

Power Blade
    Mega Man 2
    Super Mario 3

I can provide a photo of any item before a trade is done if needed

Just wondering if Super Smash Bros. is still available and what would you be looking for in return. :P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 470 ✭✭Joe Musashi

I have a few original Xbox games that I would trade for complete MD games -

Championship Manager 5
    Championship Manager 2006
    Fifa World Cup 2006
    The Sims 2
    Splinter Cell - Pandora Tomorrow

All in very good condition.

Master of the Universe

Actually, I have a friend who needs a gameboy too so I'm interested in both Gameboys. (Or I could keep them both to myself :D) Still need to get a cart to put LSDJ on though.
    @Atavan How about the Nes,controller,zapper and the super mario bros./duck hunt cart?

Excellent. You saved me having to strangle Atavan to death with a controller cable. (I kid, I kid!)

Is he also going to use it for LSDJ?

If you have the sound out mod, you can just run a cable to the mic in on your pc to save/record tracks. If not though, you're going to need a gameboy transferer pak thing to backup your cart saves. They're actually really hard to find. I bought one from the states a couple of months ago. (Can get you a link to the website if you need it) Bit of a pain as it needs a serial cable to work. Lucky I hung on to my old pc.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sounds good to me! Drop me a PM or whatever to sort out the details :D

And o1s, I would've knocked you out with the MD Arcade power stick first, that thing is solid and heavy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

^ Pm'ed
    Excellent. You saved me having to strangle Atavan to death with a controller cable. (I kid, I kid!)

Is he also going to use it for LSDJ?

If you have the sound out mod, you can just run a cable to the mic in on your pc to save/record tracks. If not though, you're going to need a gameboy transferer pak thing to backup your cart saves. They're actually really hard to find. I bought one from the states a couple of months ago. (Can get you a link to the website if you need it) Bit of a pain as it needs a serial cable to work. Lucky I hung on to my old pc.

Are there any carts for the gameboy that use memory cards so I could just back up the memory card to my pc?

Master of the Universe

Oh yeah, I'm an idiot :) I was assuming you'd be using a LSDJ cart. There's no way you can back them up unless you have a GB transferrer.

You can get Gameboy flashcards that have a usb port. They have them on -

http://www.consolegoods.co.uk/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Dark Savior

Linoud wrote: »
    Just wondering if Super Smash Bros. is still available and what would you be looking for in return. :P
    Yep still available.As for what to get in return?,I'm really not that hard to please,try me ;)

Comix Zone - Complete

Sonic 2 - Complete

Gynoug - Cart and Box

I will trade for other Mega Drive games. I have them up on adverts at the moment if anyone wants to make me an offer. ;)

Master of the Universe

Better update the list seeing as I've gotten rid of a lot of stuff -

What's left -

Boxed Megadrive games:

VR Racing (With booklet)
    Foreman For Real (No booklet & ripped cart label) - very hard to find game
    Sonic 1 (No booklet)
    Sonic 2 (No booklet & label has a tear..Sega Genesis version)

Unboxed Medrive carts:

Mega games 1
    Mega games 2

Sonic 1 (Two copies)
    Sonic 2 (Two copies)
    Sonic 3
    Sonic and Knuckles
    Mega Bomberman (Ripped label) - not sure if this game works. I think it needs a good clean

Going to add a Sega Genesis 3 as I really don't need it. It's an NTSC console so will require either a step down transformer with the american power supply, or a European Megadrive power supply if you already have one.

Comes with two controllers. Currently I can't find the AV lead but am still looking.

Gameboy - DMG-01 - cedomination - still yours if you're interested in doing a swap for those games?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I'd be interested in Sonic 2 (boxed gen. version) and Sonic 3. Anything you'd be interested in or looking for?

Master of the Universe

I'd be interested in Sonic 2 (boxed gen. version) and Sonic 3. Anything you'd be interested in or looking for?

Hmm. I'm open to anything really. Do you have any doubles?

Of games? Not really.

I've got a few GBA's though, and a broken SNES :P

Master of the Universe

What's wrong with the snes?

Won't power on. I'd say it's just the fuse gone in it.

Master of the Universe

Did you try another Nintendo power supply? My NES wouldn't power on. Turned out to just be a busted power supply.

Do you have any Megadrive games you'd want to swap? Or even ps1 or ps2 games..or Dreamcast games..I'm easy really :pac:

It could even be that, haven't tried another one :)

Umm, I'll have a look and see what I got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Check my adverts page, I'd be willing to trade any stuff in my sega ad there for some stuff, theres a complete Operation Wolf for the NES there aswell

polyfusion wrote: »
    Dot Matrix Game

@ luas_dublin - PM your address or wherever you want it sent, and I'll send it on

@ atavan-halen - luas_dublin was in there first, but you're next if he doesn't PM.

have it sitting on my desk here in work now , thanks a lot mate :)

I'm looking for a Dreamcast scart cable.

Let me know if you have one.

Master of the Universe

They're harder to come across than they should be.

Cheapest one I could get came to 18 euro after delivery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 679 ✭✭✭polyfusion

have it sitting on my desk here in work now , thanks a lot mate :)

No problem, I hope it still works, and doesn't mess up your hardware, but it's rare that a faulty cart would damage good hardware; generally, they just don't work.

They're harder to come across than they should be.

Cheapest one I could get came to 18 euro after delivery.

I know.

I came across this site that was selling them cheaply, for £6.75, but they're out of stock. :mad:

I emailed them to see if they were going to be getting them back in but didn't get any response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I have the Scart cable nearly sorted now.

I do have some MD games to trade-

Comix Zone
    Sonic 2
    Gynoug
    Sub-Terrania

Master of the Universe

I'd be interested in that Gynoug. Is it complete?

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in that Gynoug. Is it complete?

There's no manual or hanging clip. :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement