Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The UCC 'Off-Topic' Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Nervosa wrote: »
    Got a summer job working for the national space centre near Midleton! I start next Tuesday after the bank holiday. I'm finally stepping out of retail, thank god.

That sounds like a class job. Never even knew we had a national space centre here.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Finished college last Thursday 17th, had two job offers by last Thursday! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

That sounds like a class job. Never even knew we had a national space centre here.

Misleading company name, but still very real! Privately owned and working towards profit, not so different to retail after all! Still they have me doing 4 or so projects that all sound challenging. Plus I get to us some of that physics I learned.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Nervosa

Finished college last Thursday 17th, had two job offers by last Thursday! :D

Congrats!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭closeline

Anyone know of any jobs going around Cork city or county?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

closeline wrote: »
    Anyone know of any jobs going around Cork city or county?

No, but the only way to find out is to print a motherload of CVs and put in the foot work around town. The worst you'll be told is no after all!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,863 ✭✭✭Papa_Lazarou

Felt shíte going into college today. Got called for an oral that i thought went horrible. Really thought i was going to be bordering a 3h/2.2 mark for my degree. Pulled a 2.1 out of the bag somehow.....the feeling of relief is bloody amazing. (And yes we got our final results two weeks early :P)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Felt shíte going into college today. Got called for an oral that i thought went horrible. Really thought i was going to be bordering a 3h/2.2 mark for my degree. Pulled a 2.1 out of the bag somehow.....the feeling of relief is bloody amazing. (And yes we got our final results two weeks early :P)

Congrats!!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Jealous!!! I'd love to have mine!

Congrats

Just checked the web to see when our are out - PDE students are out on the 7th June, ours aren't out till July!

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

2 days to our results, could make or break this summer!

• Advertisement

Mine aren't out till the 7th July!

Mine aren't out till the 7th July!
    Well I thought mine were anyway, could be July 12th either now I think of it, I better check again!

Palytoxin wrote: »
    2 days to our results, could make or break this summer!

Passed them all!:eek::cool: , I wasn't worried :rolleyes: (:p)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Passed them all!:eek::cool: , I wasn't worried :rolleyes: (:p)

Congrats :)

Mine arent out till the 4th of July :rolleyes: :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Mine aren't out til June 28th, which is fine except for the fact I finished my exams on the 26th of April! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Crosswalk

Do they call final year Arts students in to give them their results like they do with some of the Science students? Or are the science-y feckers just privileged? :p

Congrats :)

Mine arent out till the 4th of July :rolleyes: :(

The waiting is head wrecking :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

_meehan_ wrote: »

Oh jesus, I'm seeing everyone else get results and it's painful :( Why are all Arts results out so late? :rolleyes:

_meehan_ wrote: »

I've gotten some of mine back unofficially - been looking through the assessment on blackboard and found some.

TBH I'm not that pushed about my results, even though they are my finals - cos I have my job for next year :D

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭ciaradx

Hey, just got my results and I got an overall mark of 69.83. Do you think it's worth appealing to see if they'd bump me up to 70 for an overall 1H?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Whats the story with the bike shed in WGB? Do you have to pay to use it or is it open to all students??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,180 ✭✭✭EyeSight

Whats the story with the bike shed in WGB? Do you have to pay to use it or is it open to all students??
    i'm pretty sure its for staff. the first year the WGB opened there was a lot of bikes being stolen

What does exempt under your result mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Byron85

It generally means that they've exempted exceptional students from normal exams. It's only done in the most rare of circumstances. Obviously you've had a huge impact on your lecturers for them to go ahead and take this step.

Byron85 wrote: »
    It generally means that they've exempted exceptional students from normal exams. It's only done in the most rare of circumstances. Obviously you've had a huge impact on your lecturers for them to go ahead and take this step.

What exactly does this mean for the student?

What does that mean for me though?

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭calnand

closeline wrote: »

What does that mean for me though?

when it says exempt it means you have failed one or more modules.
    for example if you did 8 modules and failed one it would say exempt 7, meaning our exempt from repeating 7 of the modules in august.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Sounds like bs to me. Why should some students get special treatment, and in such a subjective way that is open to all kinds of biases.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Sounds like bs to me. Why should some students get special treatment, and in such a subjective way that is open to all kinds of biases.

No, exempt under results means you're exempt from repeating the ones you've passed. Exempt 5 means you have 5 modules you don't need to repeat.

Pretty sure the "exceptional student thing" is being made up here, never heard of it but not a nice thing to make up if someone has failed an exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

You're all so guilible.

Advertisement