Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,164 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Just spent about 8+ hrs trying to solve the problem of SMS not sending on my X10.

Turns out it was Cerberus. FUUUUUUUUU. Worst app. 0/10, suck my left one :mad:

With that rage over, suggestions for alternatives?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

SuprSi wrote: »
    Patsy fyre wrote: »
    Just change the font size to tiny.

Tried that, but the spacing of the conversations stays the same. In K9 mail, if you change the font size, you fit more on the screen - the same doesn't apply here, unless I'm doing something wrong.

Messaging settings font tiny
    you should be able to get 10 lines.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

Paparazzo wrote: »
    Don't download Drawsomething unless you want to waste half your life. Great game though
    dulpit wrote: »
    Agreed.
    paid version is ad free and gives you 400 coins. means you can get a few more colours. only 75 cent

Completely addicted to Draw Something.

Anyone know the answers to following 2 questions:

1. If I upgrade will I lose the coins I have at the moment.
    2. Any way I can sign in with Facebook (I didn't originally) without losing my coins?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Vote 4 Pedro

I'm very new to Android phones and i wanted a bar code scanner that works with the irish supermarkets if anyone knows of one,

also as it's my first android i only got a cheap thing, a samsung mini
    and the scanners i have downloaded don't work on anything accept the QR codes.
    would this be because it's a basic 3mp camera or something else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Pedro you didn't search very hard -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android&hl=en (app called "barcode scanner")

srsly78 wrote: »
    Pedro you didn't search very hard -> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android&hl=en (app called "barcode scanner")

You did not understand my question.......
    I have that and a few others,
    I was asking is it the app or my Basic phone why it's not working,
    It will do the QR codes but not the standard bar codes in Tesco or Dunnes etc............

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

You did noy understand my question.......
    It will do the QR codes but noy the standard bar codes in Tesco or Dunnes etc............

Are you looking for them to do price comparisons? Im not sure a lot of foodstuffs have a readily available product database for that kind of thing.
    Try scanning products like DVDs/Games etc and youll usually find a result

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

It will do the QR codes but not the standard bar codes in Tesco or Dunnes etc............

Barcode scanner should scan any barcode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

budgemook wrote: »
    Completely addicted to Draw Something.

Anyone know the answers to following 2 questions:

1. If I upgrade will I lose the coins I have at the moment.
    2. Any way I can sign in with Facebook (I didn't originally) without losing my coins?

You don't lose coins if you upgrade. Not sure about facebook, I didn't sign in through it cos I thought it might spam my friends with crap status updates.
    I bought a few sets of colours, the odd time they disappear, but usually come back after a game.
    Here's a tip, if the game gives you 3 words you don't like, quit out of the game then go back in. You get 3 new words and you don't use up a bomb ;)

• Advertisement

Are you looking for them to do price comparisons?

The main idea is for information on the products to help with my diet
    but price comparison would be good but i would say the prices would be relating to the UK supermarkets,
    I don't know if you can get an Irish supermarket price comparison.

Worked for me on any android phones I've tried, even the most basic ones. You need internet connection as well for it to look the item up.

With a low-res camera it's harder to get a clear picture tho. Depending on lighting etc it can be difficult to get the scanner to "lock on". Keep trying and it will work!

srsly78 wrote: »
    Worked for me on any android phones I've tried, even the most basic ones. You need internet connection as well for it to look the item up.

With a low-res camera it's harder to get a clear picture tho. Depending on lighting etc it can be difficult to get the scanner to "lock on". Keep trying and it will work!

That's why i was asking, as it scans and gives info on the QR codes instantly (with internet connection)
    so far i have tried nearly everything in the house with a standard type bar code and can not get anything, will try some dvd's though, didn't think of that...

Out of interest just tried scanning some with my x10's 8MP camera. Not easy lemme tell you. Found I needed to pull back to about 15cm away to get it to scan on average size barcodes. The small ones(ipod box etc) wont work at all. Then as a test I put some up on my 22" monitor, probably about 6"x4" each, all instantly scanned. Bigger the better eh?

Are you looking for them to do price comparisons? Im not sure a lot of foodstuffs have a readily available product database for that kind of thing.
    Try scanning products like DVDs/Games etc and youll usually find a result

Iv'e now tried the DVD's - no joy.
    the only actual standard bar code that i got it to scan was the one on the Wiki page, it is about 2 -3 times the size, maybe thats it.

Iv'e now tried the DVD's - no joy.
    the only actual standard bar code that i got it to scan was the one on the Wiki page, it is about 2 -3 times the size, maybe thats it.

Does it have Auto Focus? Help file says if you dont have AF no 1-D codes(Barcodes) wont work, but 2D ones like QR will.

Yep it's all about focus and lighting. If the barcode is blurry it's not gonna work...

Without autofocus, you can still do it manually. Lighting was bigger problem for me whenever I tried than focus tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭budgemook

You don't lose coins if you upgrade. Not sure about facebook, I didn't sign in through it cos I thought it might spam my friends with crap status updates.
    I bought a few sets of colours, the odd time they disappear, but usually come back after a game.
    Here's a tip, if the game gives you 3 words you don't like, quit out of the game then go back in. You get 3 new words and you don't use up a bomb ;)

Thanks.

I didn't sign up with Facebook either for same reason but now my mates have and all it does is let you play against all your Facebook friends who also have the app. Sounds like fun! I've tried log in to Facebook but I can't unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭kiddums

Does anyone know a good, free app for the F1?

The official one weighs in at 17mb when installed and I'm limited on space.
    Moving it to SD freed up 2mb on the phone.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

kiddums wrote: »

And also the official app (premium version) is a whopping €23.99! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

kiddums wrote: »

I use LiveSports24 F1 Racing - it gives you live timing for all the sessions and the comments from the official live timing on Formula1.com (I think that's where they're from)

Works well and free!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,821 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Anyone seen the solar charger app? 1,000,000+ idiots :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

ShaneU wrote: »
    Anyone seen the solar charger app? 1,000,000+ idiots :D

Ye seen a lot of people just downloading it because it is so stupid. Funny though some people complaining it didnt work :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

What's the best comic reader out there?
    I have used Droid Comic Reader but get errors about there being out of memory which seems to be fairly common. I cant move further in the comic. I'm finding myself using Komic Reader but I cant turn it landscape which is fairly annoying. I hear the free version of Comic Rack has some fairly invasive adverts too.
    Suggestions?
    I'll be using it on my Ainol Aurora 7" tab if that helps with the suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I use Perfect Viewer for comics
    With cbr files its the digereedoo

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

I use Perfect Viewer for comics
    With cbr files its the digereedoo
    I'll give it a go. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Anyone play Wolf Toss? It's free and inspired by Angry Birds but with much more tactics and decision making. Im enjoying it...

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ziplinegames.wolftoss

• Registered Users Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭Justin10

Has the Meteor 3g problem with Tweetcaster been fixed?
    Really liked that for Twitter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,184 ✭✭✭Patsy fyre

Anyone ever hear of a good tracker app that tracks your movement over a period of time eg a month, and then can be reviewed using Google maps?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Mr.Biscuits

Have our Laptop hooked up to our LCD to watch Netflix, Windows Media Centre etc and find Unified Remote very handy to control them all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement