Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

It's actually something I used to do. Now I use evernote and together with the widget on my phone I actually do read them all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

Thargor wrote: »
    Why do you need hundreds of bookmarks?

I don't really, but they pop up in Chrome searches which makes them very easy to find later on mobile and desktop. I've been bookmarking for years on desktop, had bookmarks synced using Foxmarks once (became Xmarks, then got bought by Lastpass), then moved them to Chrome, this has carried on the tradition. I do do an annual cleanout bit I'm using Pocket more and more now just not for Chrome bookmarks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Any recommendations along the lines of Boom Beach or other strategy type games but a bit more involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Tried Gboard, thought it was ok, nothing spectacular.

For me, the keyboard I always end up going back to is swpye/dragon.

Unless the others are missing the text selection and copy paste functions, ease and simplicity it has, because its not something I've seen on them, and why I keep going back.

Tried Gboard, thought it was ok, nothing spectacular.

For me, the keyboard I always end up going back to is swpye/dragon.

Unless the others are missing the text selection and copy paste functions, ease and simplicity it has, because its not something I've seen on them, and why I keep going back.

Me also, no keyboard swipes like Swype and I can't live without the copy and paste gestures. I try other keyboards but always come back. I have an Xposed module giving me Google voice instead of Dragon ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

Anyone using UK version of iPlayer radio? Global version works fine but UK version just crashes for me. Wanted to check out Chromecast option and also see if it has a programme reminder option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

You must have very few bookmarks, my chrome has hundreds in separate folders. There must be some way to sync

You could use something Google bookmarks(which is separate to chrome)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Limbo, from Playdead is a great game, seems to be €0.50 at the moment

Back up to full price again

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I use Eversync to sync bookmarks & dial between my pc & phone.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fvd.eversync&hl=en-GB

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Hoping someone might know of an app which can do the following for creating shopping lists:

Be shareable on multiple devices and have default sets that can be added to a list.

Over the course of a month we regularly eat the same meals and it would save time having to type up the same list of ingredients each time if we could just add meals A,B,C one week and A,D,G the following week to a shopping list from a template.

Anyone got any idea's? I have todoist but you need to be premium and I can't see any way to facilitate this on Andy.Do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

• Registered Users Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

jozi wrote: »
    any way to facilitate this on Andy.Do

I recently got rid of Any.Do

There were some really strange things happening with my launcher... when I missed calls... I would get big graphics across my screen etc. I couldn't figure out where the hell they were coming from, but eventually traced them back to the Any.Do app, which had incleded changes to your launcher without much warning during an inoquous app update... I'll never use the app again, can't be trusted.

It does look like it will work but the app looks terrible! It has ads in every view and cost almost 4e to purchase.

Example:

405766.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

Thats a setting in And.Do that you can set a reminder to call someone back. It can be disabled in settings, I think it's called "Missed Call".

Thats a setting in And.Do that you can set a reminder to call someone back. It can be disabled in settings, I think it's called "Missed Call".

That may be correct, but they enabled it on my phone, took over my launcher without notifying me and made it very difficult for me to find the source of the problem... Once I see any messing like that, I delete the app... I keep my phone very neat and tidy, no messing, no fancy launchers, functions etc... no games, no unnecessary apps, no bloatware...

Thats why I'm a big HTC fanboy... Their interface looks great, is useful and simple, no bull****.

It's a default setting like their And.Do Moment, it's on by default and can be turned of.

I'm with you on keeping the phone nice and clean etc which was why I have Andy.Do I like it's simple clean interface and when I have a reminder I like how it pops up. I'm not a fan of their Any do moment or mised calls notification.

If only it could have list templates with default tasks I can add for shopping

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

I got a 50 quid play voucher bundled with my phone, any suggestions for how to use it (no interest in movies or books)

I got a 50 quid play voucher bundled with my phone, any suggestions for how to use it (no interest in movies or books)

SwiftKey

• Advertisement

I've only ever bought two apps... AllCast Pro & a file manager which has now been deleted in favour of HTC File Manager... I wouldn't know what to do with credit for the play store... No Google Music or Movies in this part of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Bluefoam wrote: »
    I've only ever bought two apps... AllCast Pro & a file manager which has now been deleted in favour of HTC File Manager... I wouldn't know what to do with credit for the play store... No Google Music or Movies in this part of the world.

Google Music and Movies both work in Ireland.

nedd wrote: »

What's more you can get a family subscription of Google play music for only €15 a month, this allows 5 gmail users, they do not need to be relatives :D just as them to your family plan. They'll also get any app you buy (if the app allows this, most do)

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭dakid

Pocket Casts for podcasts Flamingo for Twitter FotMob for football scores and Sync for Reddit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

nedd wrote: »

I would think Bluefoam doesn't live in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Hoping someone might know of an app which can do the following for creating shopping lists:

Be shareable on multiple devices and have default sets that can be added to a list.

Over the course of a month we regularly eat the same meals and it would save time having to type up the same list of ingredients each time if we could just add meals A,B,C one week and A,D,G the following week to a shopping list from a template.

Anyone got any idea's? I have todoist but you need to be premium and I can't see any way to facilitate this on Andy.Do

We use Cinnamon https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.imdevgary.cinnamon

Works really well for multiple grocery lists, moves purchased items into a Pantry so that you can check when you last bought something, and has Bundles you create yourself (also automatically generated Bundles). You can customize the categories so that it goes by sections and aisles in your preferred store which is the handiest way to work it for us.

Also syncs between devices, but the restriction here is that you have to buy the app for each Google account that you need to sync to so it was a double purchase for me and my wife. Based on how often we use it though it's a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

I don't mind paying for most apps but I bought Talon for Twitter the other day (at the recommendation of AC) and it's awful. Waste of money.

I've tried most of them (not the Flamingo one mentioned above) and I've yet too see one that is any better than the official one.

I like Fenix.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

I use Keep too, v handy as when you tick the bought item off your list, it just moves down to the bottom and you tick it again to restore it. It also predicts items after a letter or two. I tend to buy the same stuff over and over and have about 200 items on it. It's handy when making the list too as you can just scroll down through it to view items you usually buy. You can move items around too e.g. for the other half, I put it in the order of the aisles in Aldi:o.

An app I couldn't manage without.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement