Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,829 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I really like Super Simple Shopping List.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bitwize10.supersimpleshoppinglist&hl=en

I have the full width widget & it works really nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

SwiftKey

No Swype :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

jozi wrote: »
    No Swype :D

Swiftkey has had swype for the last year or more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

Thanks all for the suggestions. I couldn't see on keep where to use it as a shopping list? My partner is on an iphone, I'll have her seeing the light soon, not sure if keep is compatible and I'll have to look at using google assistant.

Have downloaded cinnamon to and will see if I can get it to work for us, similarly I'll give super simple list a look as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

FrostyJim wrote: »
    Swiftkey has had swype for the last year or more.

Yes but it's very poor for swiping compared to Swype

• Registered Users Posts: 28,717 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

I find Swiftkey has gotten very poor with predictions in the last few months.. is Swype still the best alternative then?

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭DanC90

I got a 50 quid play voucher bundled with my phone, any suggestions for how to use it (no interest in movies or books)

Apps:
    Nova Launcher Prime, Tasker (if your into automation and programming) & Pocket Casts or Podcast Addict Pro for Podcasts.

Games:
    All the GTA games and whatever else you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    I find Swiftkey has gotten very poor with predictions in the last few months.. is Swype still the best alternative then?

If you are a swiper, yes. It doesn't have the predictions of Swiftkey, but if you're a swiper this will not be a big deal as you can run quickly through the sentence and go back and tap the wrong words after and select alternatives, it's much quicker this way. It also has a few neat gestures, copy, paste and select all or change a word to all caps or lower case with a single swipe.

http://www.swype.com/product-features/android/tips.html

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

jozi wrote:
    Thanks all for the suggestions. I couldn't see on keep where to use it as a shopping list? My partner is on an iphone, I'll have her seeing the light soon, not sure if keep is compatible and I'll have to look at using google assistant.

Create a new list using the checkboxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

DanC90 wrote: »
    I got a 50 quid play voucher bundled with my phone, any suggestions for how to use it (no interest in movies or books)

Apps:
    Nova Launcher Prime, Tasker (if your into automation and programming) &  Pocket Casts or Podcast Addict Pro for Podcasts.

Games:
    All the GTA games and whatever else you like.
    Thank you very much, got GTA china wars and the first two, I use player fm for podcasts and don't see how it could be improved, unless I am missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭killbillvol2

Create a new list using the checkboxes.

The other nice thing about making a list in Keep is that you can set a reminder based on location. So it'll pop up when you get to the supermarket.

Thank you very much, got GTA china wars and the first two, I use player fm for podcasts and don't see how it could be improved, unless I am missing something?

Your welcome, hope you enjoy them (again?)
    And I've never used that one, I used to use podcast addict up until recently when I bought Pocket Casts just because it looks much better than P.A and functions the same, but Pocket Casts seems to be the most recommended paid for podcast app so thought I'd mention it to you.

Another thing I would do if I were you is look at your installed apps you like and see if they have any pro versions or IAP to remove ads and unlock pro features.

Patww79 wrote:

The main reason I switched to Pocket Casts was because of the sync to other devices feature, now I just log in and it's the same on my tablet as it is on my phone which is great.
    In saying that though Podcast Addict didn't have many toggles I needed to adjust to get it the way I like it, just subscribed to my podcasts and set skip silence + volume boost and I was done, it was the ads and overall look I didn't like compared to Pocket Casts which is great to look at and no ads :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hmm, didn't know it synced myself.

Might change away from Poscast Addict.

Does it sync the point in the podcast you are at?

• Advertisement

It's two phones I'd want synced. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Is it possible to use a podcast app to download from iTunes?

Bob Z wrote: »
    Is it possible to use a podcast app to download from iTunes?

most of the Android podcast apps have access to the iTunes Library, Podcast Addict is a free one that I've been using, and can search iTunes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

hellboy99 wrote: »
    I can't access these. Keeps telling me to update my amazon app to Amazon underground, which I've done but no option to download these games??? Anyone else have this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

toby2111 wrote: »
    I can't access these. Keeps telling me to update my amazon app to Amazon underground, which I've done but no option to download these games??? Anyone else have this problem?
    Worked fine for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Try them on Amazon UK instead, perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

marcbrophy wrote: »
    Try them on Amazon UK instead, perhaps?
    I'm doing that but no joy. I've downloaded the Amazon Underground apk, it shows the free games but no option to download them....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I'm doing that but no joy. I've downloaded the Amazon Underground apk, it shows the free games but no option to download them....

Can you buy them outside the app? Phone / laptop browser and then download them in the app, under my apps?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement