Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Is there an app whereby I can control my home Wifi Router, and all the devices attached to it. For example if there is another device connected to the WiFi and I was able disconnect it for a certain period (i.e. a son's tablet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Is there an app whereby I can control my home Wifi Router, and all the devices attached to it. For example if there is another device connected to the WiFi and I was able disconnect it for a certain period (i.e. a son's tablet!)

Don't need an app. You can just use Mac filtering . Connect directly to your routers web interface. Usually 192.168.1.1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

i use an app called dinner time. (doesn't matter what router theyre connected to though)

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭muirsheen

donegal. wrote: »
    i use an app called dinner time. (doesn't matter what router theyre connected to though)

Downloaded this app, couldnt for the life of me understand how to work , no instructions either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,635 ✭✭✭donegal.

dinner time app

you need to download it to both your and your sons devices.

set your one up as the parents one and then you can control your sons one. The paid version lets both parents control lots of kids devices.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,216 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Anyone recommend any games that work without data? Have a long train ride tomorrow and want to kill some time. Maybe a good car racing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,354 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Anyone recommend any games that work without data? Have a long train ride tomorrow and want to kill some time. Maybe a good car racing one?

I was playing quite a bit of this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=pl.idreams.skyforcehd&hl=en up until recently. Addictive stuff, although it does hit you with limited number of lives (which regenerate over time).

• Registered Users Posts: 37 cat_r

I have to do a factory reset on my phone and need to backup my messages. I've noticed people on Boards suggesting SMS Backup+ and SMS Backup and Restore. Do they both do a similar job or is one better?
    If the 2nd one is better then which version do you use, the one from Carbonite or the one from MDroid Apps? Saw a third provider too!

I've not looked into backing up WhatsApp yet but any apps or help would be good too. Edit, found the Whatsapp info!
    Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

cat_r wrote: »
    I have to do a factory reset on my phone and need to backup my messages. I've noticed people on Boards suggesting SMS Backup+ and SMS Backup and Restore. Do they both do a similar job or is one better?
    If the 2nd one is better then which version do you use, the one from Carbonite or the one from MDroid Apps? Saw a third provider too!

I've not looked into backing up WhatsApp yet but any apps or help would be good too. Edit, found the Whatsapp info!
    Thank you

Haven't used SMS backup+ but i have used SMS Backup and Restore plenty of times. Very handy to use. You can even set it to backup to google drive/dropbox now so you can just pull it straight from there when you want to restore them on another deivce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm playing a lot of Sine Line, free in the Play Store.
    One of the best "one more go" games I've played for a while.
    You can pay about 50c for an IAP to remove ads (worth it).
    Very addictive when you get some good streaks going.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ThirdState.SineLine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭corkie

[APP][6.0+]Fingerprint Quick Action <<<< XDA Thread

Fingerprint Quick Action <<<< Play Store.

Fingerprint Quick Action <<<< XDA Labs Link (open with XDA app).

The above works well on my RN3 Pro.

There is also an alternative version, by another developer. Called "Fingerprint Gestures".

Didn't work on my device and playstore version said it was not compatible.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Patww79 wrote: »

Podcast section remained for me after my GPM sub was cancelled but disappeared when I switched phone so I thought they were gone for good.
    However the podcasts that I was already subscribed to give a notification whenever there's a new one and they work ok even though they shouldn't really.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Google's new Photoscan app is very clever. I'm looking forward to scanning some old family photos this weekend.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos.scanner

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭nedd

Mr E wrote: »
    Google's new Photoscan app is very clever. I'm looking forward to scanning some old family photos this weekend.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos.scanner

Not compatible with my Nexus 6 :-(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

There's a big issue currently with the photo scan app though where it takes low res photos compared to just a usual picture the same phones camera. Hopefully it's a bug

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Patww79 wrote: »
    Used a US VPN once at the start to sign up. They did cancel it about 3 years later though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

tacticswotl.gif

FINAL FANTASY TACTICS : WotL (The War of the Lions)
    SQUARE ENIX Co.,Ltd.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.square_enix.android_googleplay.FFT_en2

€4.39

---

70% reduction. I have binged on previous versions of Tactics.. help me Jebus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Anyone got a good alternative to fotmob? I've really like it and have been using it for years but since I got my oneplus 3 a few months ago it has occasionally been draining the battery completely. It seems to just get stuck in the background eating up cpu time? I don't know how it was happening because I went into the app and turned off all notifications, disabled all notifications at the android app settings level and even restricted it from using background data on mobile networks.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,681 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Anyone got a good alternative to fotmob? I've really like it and have been using it for years but since I got my oneplus 3 a few months ago it has occasionally been draining the battery completely. It seems to just get stuck in the background eating up cpu time? I don't know how it was happening because I went into the app and turned off all notifications, disabled all notifications at the android app settings level and even restricted it from using background data on mobile networks.

Get the pro version, best available imo

Flash scores is decent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 7,989 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Tyson Fury wrote: »
    Get the pro version, best available imo

Flash scores is decent.

Yeah I'll give the pro version a try, i suspect the ads may be the cause of the battery drain. I've seen it before in other apps

• Registered Users Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I use All Goals, by All Goals.
    It's been different names in the past.
    I find it the most customisable.
    Seems like it has scores from every league on the planet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭duffman3833

i don't have this app but if its for live scores in matches, id recommend getting 'livescore'. Its up to date live scores, has match commentary and formations and covers world wide matches
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.livescore&hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 12,027 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

SofaScore I find the best

• Registered Users Posts: 7,191 ✭✭✭corkie

Solid Explorer File Manager --- Black Friday sale 50%

IAP to purchase it only €0.99 instead of €1.99

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Anyone recommend an app to stop certain apps autostarting ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Slunk wrote: »
    Anyone recommend an app to stop certain apps autostarting ?

Can't you just disable them?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement