Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Must Have Android Apps and Games?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

johnp wrote: »
    How do you do that?
    I can only use it as a remote to play music on the PC?
    In the file explorer part there should be a box for On Phone at the top

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭johnp

In the file explorer part there should be a box for On Phone at the top

Sweet! Gmote just got better!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Keith186

The gmote app is savage!

Typed this on phone to laptop. Seems very smooth.

Nice one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭Darksaga87

theteal wrote: »
    gmote +1

i succumb to the hype here, it's a sweet little app. . .oh how it will aid my laziness :D

I lay on the couch last night pointing my phone at my laptop which was on the floor. The look on the GF's face when she walked in. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Cant get gmote setup, wont connect to my pcs gmote thingy.

Very annoying as ive tried all possible fixes...o well : /

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    Cant get gmote setup, wont connect to my pcs gmote thingy.

Very annoying as ive tried all possible fixes...o well : /

Mine was like that too but once I manually input the IP address it worked grand. Program wouldn't show IP address so just go to Run, type cmd and then IPconfig in dos.

You are on xp yeah? Win 7 not supported on version I got.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Does anybody know of a good horse racing result app?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭HurlyBurly

Use JAertel - then go to page 250 :)

Keith186 wrote: »
    Mine was like that too but once I manually input the IP address it worked grand. Program wouldn't show IP address so just go to Run, type cmd and then IPconfig in dos.

You are on xp yeah? Win 7 not supported on version I got.

im windows 7 : /

Tried inputting manual ip and nothing

Im on windows 7 too, didnt have any problems. Try removing it and start from scratch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

It didn't work for me the first time either, tried again last week and it worked perfectly, can't explain why though, sorry...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Bedside is a great little app. Behaves similarly to the Blackberry's bedside mode functionality - i.e. you can set it up so that it silences alerts for email and the like during the night, but still rings for phone calls, or whatever. Costs $1.99 on the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭deadbloke

Gotta say that gmote is quite spectacular

Blizzard has released their apps onto the marketplace today.

Blizzard are the folk behind world of warcraft, and the only reason I was holding onto my ipod touch was because of their applications, mainly their game authenticator.

Today they uploaded

Remote Auction House app
    Authenticator app

With the armoury to follow this week.

Its really great news for wow players with android phones, but its also a good sign of how companies like blizzard will be catering for the masses, not the one market.

It was the one thing my HTC Desire couldnt do, it was the reason my ipod stayed there on the table, my phone is now complete and I couldnt be happier, to think two little apps just made this phone the best purchase ive ever made haha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭squire23

Recommed the XBMC Remote app to anyone using XBMC out there. Have it hooked up to my PC & 3 XBox's - sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭madmoe

Hi lads,
    Is there anything out there similar to XBMC for the PS3? I have shot loads of .MKV files I would love to be able to stream to my PS3. Anyone got this working well?

Cheers,
    M

• Registered Users Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Poncherello

any decent world cup aps ?
    not sure what i am looking for, maybe something that automatically syncs with your cal ap

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Loggie

not sure what i am looking for, maybe something that automatically syncs with your cal ap
    Here's a free goal.com app. Havent tried it yet so not sure if its any good. http://store.handmark.com/p/168565/goalcom-for-android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

Well rumour has it a Play Station emulator for android is on its way. Will that keep you happy ?:D

There's a NES and SNES emulator already up (NESOID and SNESOID lite). Screen is a bit small and controls take a bit of mastering (hopefully they'll get updated) but with the amount of ROMS that are available for both there's a lot of gaming to be had.

Yi Harr wrote: »
    There's a NES and SNES emulator already up (NESOID and SNESOID lite). Screen is a bit small and controls take a bit of mastering (hopefully they'll get updated) but with the amount of ROMS that are available for both there's a lot of gaming to be had.

Where is the best place to download the roms that will work on that app?

• Advertisement

Darksaga87 wrote: »
    Where is the best place to download the roms that will work on that app?

Tonnes of sites with them for free and tonnes of ROMS out there. Give your google-fu a working out as if I remember correctly linking to 'that' kind of site would result in a ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

Came across a great app that I haven't seen in this thread yet.

It's called '3G Watchdog' it tracks your data usage for you. If you have a data bundle or allowance you can set the app to track the usage and warn you when you are getting close to the allowance max. Plus it has a widget you can place on your home screen.

Handly to have so you don't incur high data charges.

Think 3G Watchdog is mentioned on the first page, very handy app alright. Gameswise I've also got winds of steel, fire helicopter and radiant lite installed, fish food is worth a blast too.

For those of with a stats incline Phonalyzr is worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Fyi http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=672884

Baza210 wrote: »

Cheers, was just trying to justify buying a Wii solely to use the controller but then it struck me, I could just buy a remote. God it's been a long day.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Cheers, was just trying to justify buying a Wii solely to use the controller but then it struck me, I could just buy a remote. God it's been a long day.

This works too : http://www.amazon.co.uk/Datel-Wireless-Retro-Controller-Wii/dp/B002BA5FAC/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1274804147&sr=1-2-fkmr0

madmoe wrote: »
    Hi lads,
    Is there anything out there similar to XBMC for the PS3? I have shot loads of .MKV files I would love to be able to stream to my PS3. Anyone got this working well?

Cheers,
    M
    I asked that a while back. Short answer is no.

Check a few pages back for a link to a forum on xda which has discussion and developments on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

What about ps3 media server? That handles mkvs I think. Doubt there's ever gonna be an Android remote for it though.

Edit: Andromote might work.

Get the 2010 world cup one by Luke Shan.
    Doesn't link with calendar though but you can go into its calendar and long press on a fixture and set a reminder.

To sync with a normal calendar sign into gmail on computer and go to calendar, add and then sports and fifa world cup (may have to do required countries separately ) and let me know if it works for you. None of the sports ones worked for me but other ones did.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Here's a good list of World Cup apps

World Cup

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement