Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭KilOit

andy85wsm wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I bet the shop will have juicy stuff to buy, can't imagine many could resist the micro transactions this game will offer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

KilOit wrote: »
    I bet the shop will have juicy stuff to buy, can't imagine many could resist the micro transactions this game will offer

Well,I won't. I never bought mounts or pets from the Blizzard store. I always preferred to earn all that in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GREENGEKO

looks like it just hit the fan about the Digital Deluxe Edition!!!just after it went on sale this came up on twitter...
    http://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/status/189564420844818432

SkyrimAMDGamer ‏ @SkyrimAMDGamer

· Details

@GuildWars2 Is the Mistfire wolf elite skill useable from Lvl 1 or do we have to wait till lvl 30? Thanks & Super Excited for prepurchase =]
    Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars 2 ‏ @GuildWars2
    Follow

@skyrimamdgamer The wolf is at level 30. And we're as excited as you are! ~RB2 #GuildWars2
    5:04 AM - 10 Apr 12 via HootSuite · Embed this Tweet

so we cant get the wolf until level 30not level 1 as most thought!!!!!!!did anyone see this listed elsewhere???more links on this
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/s2336/note_to_those_considering_which_version_to/ this went up just before the sale but as it wasent on the offical site guess most missed it???

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

GREENGEKO wrote: »
    looks like it just hit the fan about the Digital Deluxe Edition!!!just after it went on sale this came up on twitter...
    http://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/status/189564420844818432

SkyrimAMDGamer ‏ @SkyrimAMDGamer

· Details

@GuildWars2 Is the Mistfire wolf elite skill useable from Lvl 1 or do we have to wait till lvl 30? Thanks & Super Excited for prepurchase =]
    Guild Wars 2 Guild Wars 2 ‏ @GuildWars2
    Follow

@skyrimamdgamer The wolf is at level 30. And we're as excited as you are! ~RB2 #GuildWars2
    5:04 AM - 10 Apr 12 via HootSuite · Embed this Tweet

so we cant get the wolf until level 30not level 1 as most thought!!!!!!!did anyone see this listed elsewhere???more links on this
    http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/s2336/note_to_those_considering_which_version_to/ this went up just before the sale but as it wasent on the offical site guess most missed it???

But sure it says it's an elite skill, they don't start til lvl 30. Can't be any confusion about that. :)

But sure it says it's an elite skill, they don't start til lvl 30. Can't be any confusion about that.

hate to say it but it got me and lots of others all around..just check out the gw2 sites,lots talking about it...just have to read the "small print" next time...should have been stated a bit better in the offical gw 2 site though so there wound'nt be any "confusion" about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

To be honest, I also expected a bit of backlash with people not realising they don't get the CE box today, just the beta code.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Any of you folks get an email with a download link for the client? Haven't got mine yet. I know we can't log in now anyway but still. :o

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Any of you folks get an email with a download link for the client? Haven't got mine yet. I know we can't log in now anyway but still. :o

Getting the client now would be amazing. Rip open the .dat file, see what goodies await us! :)

Well,I won't. I never bought mounts or pets from the Blizzard store. I always preferred to earn all that in the game.

I didn't buy anything in wow either but their stuff was very limited because you payed a sub. Gw2 will a much bigger selection of goodies like xp gainers and such because it's f2p, wow would never get away with allowing items like that to be bought.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

as much as i really wanna get this game. i am not throwing my hard earned cash to arena.net until i get a confirmed release date.

for all we know, this game may not even come out this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Deed done, Bought the standard version.

It was stated by a Employee that "they will release it when it is ready and the beta events will decide if it is ready." If all goes well on the first BWE then I think we could have a release date announcement on the 27th of April(GW1 Anniversary).

I am hoping for a end of june/early july release date as it gives enough time after the Diablo 3 launch to be safe while avoiding the dreaded MoP launch.

most of the gw2 sites are all about the pre purchase today but iv found one thats just blow me away...its got all the info about gw 2 in one easy to read page with tips/tricks ect..its too long to put here so heres the link....if its not here,you dont need to know it..report back what you think?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/1058358-Guild-Wars-2-Mass-info-for-the-uninitiated

ZuRZ8.gif

mmo-champion was always the place to go for wow content, hopefully it will support gw2 same way

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Well pre ordered the DE, looks like the best comprimise really.
    I'm not 100% sure about the 1 class system though, half the fun for me is the gimmicky solo builds, they made guildwars something really special ^^.

Played a bit of pvp too back in the day, loved all the spike groups, really hope this is more of the same to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just booted up GW1 after reading the MMO post :>

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Think I'm going to give this a go, granted its months away, I'll just pick it up on release,

Don't want to get stuck into reading all the **** about it, so that my hopes dont get raised toa point where its **** and I'm back to wow...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

This, imo, should start getting its own forum.

Still.....

CAN'T WAIT.

This, imo, should start getting its own forum.

Still.....

CAN'T WAIT.

Ugh, it more then likely doesn't.

The typical boards gaming trend of " omfg this game is going to be the biggest thing ever" gets a forum, and then becomes a waste of space.

Wait till the games out, and is running a few months, and if the main MMO forum is swamped then it deserves its own.

Creating divisional sub fora without content dilutes the forum and its overall content.

You only expand when something starts hogging up the mainspace :)

I never likeed PVP but, I'm really looking forward to world PVP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

pre-ordered w00t. I've been waiting too feckin long for this game. :)

• Advertisement

kyub wrote: »
    pre-ordered w00t. I've been waiting too feckin long for this game. :)

Where are the spots to pre order?

I've been buying mostly in HMV these days, tend to do some decent prices.

Will want it launch day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

sorry, I meant just through the Guild Wars2 site. ;)

TheDoc wrote: »
    Where are the spots to pre order?

I've been buying mostly in HMV these days, tend to do some decent prices.

Will want it launch day

Well, I bought it now because I want early access and to secure my toons name. I have no doubt's this will be an epic mmo.

Well, I bought it now because I want early access and to secure my toons name. I have no doubt's this will be an epic mmo.

Doesn't seem to secure it though, 2 people with same name ends up using the crappy number after your name, bollox if you ask me, bet this is a money racket to get payed name changes since who the hell wants a 4 digit number after their name like some retarded email address.
    Could of read it wrong but that's what i got from it.

KilOit wrote: »
    Doesn't seem to secure it though, 2 people with same name ends up using the crappy number after your name, bollox if you ask me, bet this is a money racket to get payed name changes since who the hell wants a 4 digit number after their name like some retarded email address.
    Could of read it wrong but that's what i got from it.

If you can confirm this to be true it would indeed suck. :eek:

If you can confirm this to be true it would indeed suck. :eek:

Got it in the email after i got the pre purchase

"This is a unique account identifier, consisting of a name and a randomly generated four-digit code. You'll use it during the Guild Wars 2 Beta Event, on the Beta Forums, and in Guild Wars 2 after launch. The name and four-digit code will be your handle on the Beta Forums. The four-digit code does not appear in the game itself unless another player chooses the same name, in which case both your name and the four-digit code will appear."

"and in Guild Wars 2 after launch" missed reading that bit. Well, that sucks alright.

It says it's an "account identifier" as opposed to a character name though.

delta36 wrote: »
    Does say ingame though, i don't know, i'm sure it's been brought up on the GW2 forums already, must have a gander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

delta36 wrote: »

My thoughts exactly. My account name might be stuck with Eoin1234 for example, but my character can still be called Eoin.

Advertisement