Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Dcully wrote: »
    My thought exactly, how can they improve upon what is already well done in rift?

Maybe by making each dynamic event unique and different to all the others in GW2. Rift took the public quests from Warhammer and polished them up but they did feel far to similar if not exactly the same as every other rift in the game.

I also think the fact that the DE's scale down to one player is not only a much have feature but something both Warhammer and Rift failed to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Im hoping they have all sorts of tricks and ideas up their sleeves to build upon dramatically what rift and war done.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Have they actually talked about end game PvE at all? I've not seen much mention of it. It's not a big issue for me, as I plan on sticking mostly to PvP, but since lack of PvE content is usually what people will complain about, they'd want to have at least released some info.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

For those of you not following Guild Wars 2 on Facebook, they posted yesterday
    A big thanks for following us on Facebook! We have a surprise for you tomorrow, so keep an eye on our social networks and website and tell your friends to follow us, too! ~RB

Could possibly be beta information, but more than likely, going by how they have posted on facebook before, it's going to be how they're releasing wallpapers in new sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

delta36 wrote: »
    For those of you not following Guild Wars 2 on Facebook, they posted yesterday

Could possibly be beta information, but more than likely, going by how they have posted on facebook before, it's going to be how they're releasing wallpapers in new sizes.

Yea i heard about that. I rekcon its open beta news

• Advertisement

Yea i heard about that. I rekcon its open beta news

We can but hope, the last time they started a post with "We've got great news today", it was telling people there'd be Spanish localisation for GW2..

We can but hope, the last time they started a post with "We've got great news today", it was telling people there'd be Spanish localisation for GW2..

lol in that case,expect the news to be something like this:
    "GW2 will now have filipino localisation!"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Kiith wrote: »
    Have they actually talked about end game PvE at all? I've not seen much mention of it. It's not a big issue for me, as I plan on sticking mostly to PvP, but since lack of PvE content is usually what people will complain about, they'd want to have at least released some info.
    If you mean raids, there will be none at all. They seem to want players to stick to world events and small dungeons etc. instead.

So this is their surprise:
    The Guild Wars 2 beta-sign-up page is live! The page will be open for 48 hours, so sign-up for a chance to get in, and spread the word! https://beta.guildwars2.com/ ~RB

Pretty nice, get to it people!

Edit: And the site is now down.

Edit 2: And back up, site presumably under a lot of stress.

Signed up there, although some of my selections might have been wrong as it defaulted to German for some reason.

• Advertisement

Signed up there, although some of my selections might have been wrong as it defaulted to German for some reason.

Same here, was using Chrome so it let me translate the page. Most of the questions were optional at any rate.

Yeah, i didnt answer some of them, but i think i picked something to do with PvE in the last box.

Signed up twice :pac:

still aint got my confirmation email!

Nor have i. Guessing we don't get one, or they are delayed due to demand?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Nor have i. Guessing we don't get one, or they are delayed due to demand?

I think the demand for beta access is bogging things down. But GW2 twitter said to go here..

https://beta.guildwars2.com/thanks

Got a confirmation email on one of my applications there.

Lot of people saying they haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. There was a button to resend the confirmation email, that seems to be gone though. But don't worry lads, I got my confirmation email, so the important ones were sent out. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Got a confirmation email on one of my applications there.

+1 *fingers crossed now*

Anyone look at the new beta faq?
    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#fifteen

Hit ctrl and F5 to reload the page if the FAQ aren't displaying properly (thanks to a randomer on the GW2 page for that)

The NDA seems a bit unenforceable in some regards. You're not supposed to tell anyone, even friends, let alone media, anything about it, or even tell them you are part of the beta. Be hard to resist telling your friends about it I imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

The NDA seems a bit unenforceable in some regards. You're not supposed to tell anyone, even friends, let alone media, anything about it, or even tell them you are part of the beta. Be hard to resist telling your friends about it I imagine.
    That's just a standard NDA; nothing new there.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I tested guild wars when it was released, closed and public betas, for a long time, and played for a good while after launch, so looking forward to this, hoping I get accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

I was watching some pvp video's from the latest beta weekend event and it looked awesome, seems alot like the old daoc system but hopefully not as crowd control heavy, Also on i heard today its coming to console' in about a year after the pc version :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

"any information about the content. Breaking the NDA can lead to legal proceedings."
    It's just a scare tactic really. I can't see how that would stand up in court of law.

So, beta sign-up being kept open for a "little bit" longer.
    Numbers so far:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/arenanet/6926243899/in/photostream

Taken from this site, which seems to be down at the moment.
    https://public.ducksboard.com/vSPhlMJ1Yi3abkD7PtHM/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Anyone look at the new beta faq?
    http://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/game-faq/#fifteen

Hit ctrl and F5 to reload the page if the FAQ aren't displaying properly (thanks to a randomer on the GW2 page for that)

That's a pretty standard NDA really.

I've been part of quite a lot of Beta's (and even Alphas) since The Burning Crusade expansion beta back in 2006, and they've always basically been the same.

Sonics2k wrote: »
    That's a pretty standard NDA really.

I've been part of quite a lot of Beta's (and even Alphas) since The Burning Crusade expansion beta back in 2006, and they've always basically been the same.

I don't think the NDA is too harsh or anything, I agree with their right to keep stuff private and everything, I was just surprised to see a "don't tell your friends" thing in it, guess all they can do is hope people don't?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I don't think the NDA is too harsh or anything, I agree with their right to keep stuff private and everything, I was just surprised to see a "don't tell your friends" thing in it, guess all they can do is hope people don't?
    Well it's a catch all clause, I know people who've been kicked out from betas because the fact they were leaking to their guilds got to the developer's ear.

Then again I can't recall the MMO but I liked the idea was of being able to report people in beta not keeping their NDA (by providing screenshot etc.). If the Devs agreed and could track down the person you got their beta spot instead. A think it was a very smart way to keep the NDA up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,237 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

It's more of a safety thing really.

I do know of a few people who have been removed from Alphas/Betas as Nody said for similar things.

Leaking on to youtube/ownedcore/flux and even screen shots which have been passed from friend to friend.

Now, I've never known someone to get in trouble for talking about it face-to-face so to speak, because that's basically harmless, but linking things can lead to a ban/removal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

As said above its pretty standard for a closed beta NDA even if its not realistically enforceable

Advertisement