Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah no way im trusting that also how do you know thats the current client they will be using for next weekends beta?

It's legit, it's the client that was used for the closed beta events and also the recent stress test. People who weren't invited to that stress test were able to download that client and play.

There is no way to know if it's the client they'll be using for next weekend's beta. Even if it does work at the very least I'd expect it to download a decent sized patch anyway.

Waiting for the official one myself, they'll probably send links out on Monday. They're using Amazon's CloudFront service so the download will be pretty fast.

[edit] There's an official blog post up now.

Starts at 8pm on Friday 27th.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Weird, they changed the blog post from PDT-8 to PDT-7 now which means 7pm start our time. Even better! :D

Shame no Asura but at least we have confirmation now, looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

But we are in BST now arent we? So i think its still 8 o clock for us =[

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Handiest way to know when it's starting, there is a countdown timer on the main page. It'll be 8pm according to it.

Spot on chaps it is 8pm, my bad. That counter only makes the wait worse. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

Looks like I wont be going out next week!

Andrew76 wrote: »
    That counter only makes the wait worse. :pac:
    I know! I've spent the last few days reading through GW2 blog posts and the like, something I've been avoiding for months because I don't want to get all excited about it. Really hope my pre-purchase code gets here in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

OctavarIan wrote: »
    It's legit, it's the client that was used for the closed beta events and also the recent stress test. People who weren't invited to that stress test were able to download that client and play.

There is no way to know if it's the client they'll be using for next weekend's beta. Even if it does work at the very least I'd expect it to download a decent sized patch anyway.

Waiting for the official one myself, they'll probably send links out on Monday. They're using Amazon's CloudFront service so the download will be pretty fast.

[edit] There's an official blog post up now.

Starts at 8pm on Friday 27th.

I am pretty sure they tweeted that a new client would be needed.

Edit: Here is a tweet, Not the one I was looking for but it still confirms what I said.
    http://twitter.com/#!/GuildWars2/status/190605962229448705

Question: When you refer to having to download a 'new' beta client - is this merely the gw2.exe or the 11GB of data as well?
    Reply: The whole client, as it is a different one. ^MK

Not even going near that. As Arenanet has said about 1000 times, you will get a notification when the client is ready to be downloaded. I presume tweets, facebook posts and of course emails!

Please do not download anything that does not come from Arenanet/NCSoft/Guild Wars!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

is it an open beta or only for people with pre-bought it?

• Advertisement

Seaneh wrote: »
    is it an open beta or only for people with pre-bought it?
    It's only for people who have pre-purchased.

I think (Don't quote me but), You have a chance to get in if you signed up during the 48-hour period they had on a while ago.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

That I did. here is hoping.
    Want to try before I buy...

Seaneh wrote: »
    That I did. here is hoping.
    Want to try before I buy...

The only thing that I will say is to keep a close eye on your email and wait for a email from them.

They would HAVE to send them out during the week with the beta weekend starting Friday night. I would say...give them to Wednesday to send out those emails with the client download links...but I could be totally wrong..who knows!

I'm hoping the BWE goes a lot smoother than the Diablo 3 beta, managed 20 mins of that before un-installing. Dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Andrew76 wrote: »
    I'm hoping the BWE goes a lot smoother than the Diablo 3 beta, managed 20 mins of that before un-installing. Dire.

Im guessing friday night is going to be pretty horrible which is grand since ill be out boozing anyway, hopefully it will be running smooth come saturday morning

I think ArenaNet will have it sorted tbh i know Diablo's went bad but *from what ive heard :P * The stress test went fine and it was great when people got in game.

Also for this BWE we should all choose the same server and do some WvWvW together and stuff i will have a 100 slot mumble server up for everyone to use also if anyone wants to give it a shot :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

To pre order or not to pre order?
    Ive been burned so many times by fail MMO`s.
    By the way if someone pre orders now can they participate in the upcoming beta weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Is anyone streaming (in HD) the BETA weekend?

Is anyone streaming (in HD) the BETA weekend?

Someone on Twitch.TV will more than likely stream it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Well, I figured that. I was just wondering was anyone HERE streaming it considering we'll all probably be in the same Guild for release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Dcully wrote: »
    By the way if someone pre orders now can they participate in the upcoming beta weekend?

You need to Pre-Purchase to get beta access:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,067 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'm going to pre-order it on Wednesday. Broke till then. While i've also been burned before, i'm fairly confident i'll like this. And since there's no monthly fee, it's not that big a deal if i don't. I'll more then likely get more then the usual game length worth of enjoyement, and i might (fingers crossed) actually love it.

Dcully wrote: »

Yup you will get beta access no matter when you pre-purchase they have said even if you pre-purchase on Saturday you will get in.

But seeing as how the client is 15.4gb you might wanna do it in advance to get it downloaded. =]

I do remember reading somewhere though that if there were too many pre purchase sign ups that A.net "might temporarily" stop new people from signing up. But considering that the stress test was last weekend and it seems to have gone fine, you'll be grand if you pre-purchase this week. (Fingers crossed my own PP box gets here before Friday)
    MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Also for this BWE we should all choose the same server and do some WvWvW together and stuff i will have a 100 slot mumble server up for everyone to use also if anyone wants to give it a shot :D

Sounds like a plan, but what the heck is a mumble server? Sounds like something Wombles use :pac:

delta36 wrote: »
    Sounds like a plan, but what the heck is a mumble server? Sounds like something Wombles use :pac:

It's sorta like Skype but for gamers. Same as Ventrilo and TeamSpeak.

More info http://mumble.com

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭GHOST MGG2

still no donwload link sent by email yet..
    oh and cully..we both got burnt recently lol rift and swtor..this might go the same way but at least its not p2p:-p

GHOST MGG2 wrote: »
    still no donwload link sent by email yet..

Looks like we are just playing "The Waiting Game"..... I would give the till Wednesday to allow enough time to download the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,654 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Looks like we are just playing "The Waiting Game"..... I would give the till Wednesday to allow enough time to download the game.

Rumour has it for the press beta weekends the emails went out on wednesdays but since theres so many more to download it it might be earlier

I say we will either get it today or tomorrow :D * crosses fingers *

Here is a pic of the wonderful thing in action from someone over on reddit.

wDSe9.jpg

Soo excited now! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

:eek: SQWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Advertisement