Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭GREENGEKO

Titan will be made for next gen if it's going to consoles as well, i have the highest of expectations for it, they have huge funding and talent to rival Apple employees

this has a bit about titan in it....watching out for news myself..
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titan_%28Blizzard_Entertainment_project%29
    CEO Morhaime spoke of the game in broad terms during a panel discussion at the 2011 D.I.C.E. Summit. He said that the company had its most experienced MMO developers working on the project. He explained that they were using lessons from the years of working on World of Warcraft, and he also emphasized the significance of players gaming with people they know as opposed to strangers. Morhaime believes that World of Warcraft and Titan, upon its release, will be able to co-exist on the market.[10]

hmmm how long do u think gw1 will co -exist for when gw2 is live???year or so then expect to see gw1 server space squeezed

1728747-take_my_money__super.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

So if i pre-order of gamestops website will i still get beta access?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

From reading the tweets last night I think you can. But, why not buy it direct? https://buy.guildwars2.com/

From reading the tweets last night I think you can. But, why not buy it direct? https://buy.guildwars2.com/

8 quid cheaper on gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

VinLieger wrote: »
    8 quid cheaper on gamestop

But boycotting a **** brand means they will either shut down or cop on that they are rip off merchants ;)

• Advertisement

TheDoc wrote: »
    But boycotting a **** brand means they will either shut down or cop on that they are rip off merchants ;)

I dont buy from them except trough the internet and ive so far to have a problem with them (knock on wood) also i dont participate in the 2nd hand market at all so they dont get much from me.
    Although i am tempted to just go direct

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Am i the only one purposefully not doing the beta so the full game will be a surprise?

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Am i the only one purposefully not doing the beta so the full game will be a surprise?

I was tempted but after consuming every piece of info and video i can find in the past few days i need this game now!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Eoin247 wrote: »

I'm also purposely not entering BETA. Can't wait for this game but I don't want to ruin it. I'm willing to take a couple of hours longer to level to get a better story and game sense than just jump straight in.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

Why not go into the beta and do PVP? :D WvWvW and competitive pvp surely wont ruin the game for you? :D

• Advertisement

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    Why not go into the beta and do PVP? :D WvWvW and competitive pvp surely wont ruin the game for you? :D

Exactly what im gonna be doing, not gonna play elementalist or necro either as they are the 2 classes im really excited by and dont wanna play them in beta and ruin them for myself like i did with swtor

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

I have one or two friends who also aren't bothered by the beta, especially as all progress is wiped after the betas. Personally I can't wait, I always wish that I could have played the original GW during it's beta, especially when reading through the wiki and seeing how drastically different some of the game mechanics were. I'm quite curious to see what changes will be made between the beta and actual release of the game.

delta36 wrote: »
    I have one or two friends who also aren't bothered by the beta, especially as all progress is wiped after the betas. Personally I can't wait, I always wish that I could have played the original GW during it's beta, especially when reading through the wiki and seeing how drastically different some of the game mechanics were. I'm quite curious to see what changes will be made between the beta and actual release of the game.

At this stage, pre-purchase entries, there wont be much changing of mechanics, its all really bug fixing and fine tuning as well as alot of stress testing

At this stage, pre-purchase entries, there wont be much changing of mechanics, its all really bug fixing and fine tuning as well as alot of stress testing

Ah, well in that case it's a chance to see the world of Guild Wars 2 a few months/weeks earlier!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

I bought GW2 from the site. Can't wait to play this epic game. I will lose myself in this. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I bought GW2 from the site. Can't wait to play this epic game. I will lose myself in this. :D

This is the thing, everyone and his dog is thinking this will be an epic game, i really hope it is, its my last hope of an mmo to really my teeth into.
    Im terribly cautious to proclaim it will be a great mmo,burned too many times and all that :o

I have that worry too to be honest, Anet has been saying for literally years that this game will be the best thing since sliced bread, will change the MMO genre and all that. Really hope I'm not disappointed when it comes out. That said, any of the reviews from the beta or from when the game was available at gaming cons were all extremely positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭VampiricPadraig

If they can keep the content fresh, then it will be a good game.

Doing hours of "Collect X amount of Y to get Z" is just a pain with WoW and SWTOR...and most MMO's have this problem. I hope there is more fighting content than collecting content!

Beta weekend event has been confirmed for 27th-29th so another week of waiting unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Beta weekend event has been confirmed for 27th-29th so another week of waiting unfortunately :(

is that open beta or ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Pre-purchase beta only.

Theres some speculation that some people from the 48hr signup that havent pre-perchased might get an invite as well depending on the numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

So when will the client be downloadable, I'd imagine the servers will be jammered if they only allow this a day or two before the beta.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,102 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So when will the client be downloadable, I'd imagine the servers will be jammered if they only allow this a day or two before the beta.

Hopefully several days in advance for those of us with crappy download speeds. I wondering what time GMT the BWE will start and finish at.

** i did not upload this **

I got this and it worked 100% scanned with everything and comes up clean :D

Download and open the zip and run the exe which will start the download from offical Guild Wars servers :D

Enjoy!

this is the client:

Digital Signature:

Virustotal scan:

Download and open the zip and run the exe which will start the download from offical Guild Wars servers :D

Enjoy!

this is the client:

Digital Signature:

Virustotal scan:
    Thank's, but I think I'll wait for my link sent by ArenaNet.

Theres some speculation that some people from the 48hr signup that havent pre-perchased might get an invite as well depending on the numbers

I'll bet most of those would have bought the game anyway.

Cool! :D Just for anyone who wants it early.

If you look its actually hosted on Official Arena Net servers.

Cloudfront.guildwars2.com is an official sub domain of Guildwars2.com :D

Just letting you know this is 100% legit :D

Enjoy!

this is the client:

Digital Signature:

Virustotal scan:

Yeah no way im trusting that also how do you know thats the current client they will be using for next weekends beta?

• Advertisement

To be honest, Anet had enough foresight to do a stress test last weekend to make sure they could handle the beta, I'm sure they'll send people the link a few days in advance.

Advertisement