Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild Wars 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Eire just kicked off, some old wow players + some newbies too, good crack, drinking on the weekends etc. Home is Gunnar's

Can I get an invite? Name is Meredeve Mandalore.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

After my less-than-steller first impressions of hammer Warriors (they seemed eh at the time, probably because they're so slow :P), I've just come to realise that they are surprisingly badass - from what I can tell, they have the most control effects of any weapon combo (AOE stun, AOE knockback, single-target knockdown and weakness) although their lack of speed makes them rather poor as reactive abilities compared to the Mace's Pommel Bash or a block.

The damage is rather nice as well, especially considering that 5 of 6 of the weapon skills can easily hit multiple targets (even without the enemy being in front of you).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Hammer bros...I mean hammer Warrior is ok, like the feeling of weight when smishing in an enemy skull :D

But loving my axe and board, finally a game with a "block" skill that works rather than "oh but you now have a 17% chance of blocking an attack...YAY" like the rest.

So what do people reckon is the least played class? Have seen a nice mix but leaning heavily to Rangers (though still in Sylvari zones so to be expected).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    But loving my axe and board, finally a game with a "block" skill that works rather than "oh but you now have a 17% chance of blocking an attack...YAY" like the rest.

Yeah i like this also but have you tried the lancer tank in tera? easily the best example of a block that works.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Playing an Engineer is so much fun, loving the various kits you can get!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭Robby91

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Hammer bros...I mean hammer Warrior is ok, like the feeling of weight when smishing in an enemy skull :D

So what do people reckon is the least played class? Have seen a nice mix but leaning heavily to Rangers (though still in Sylvari zones so to be expected).

I'm just loving the hammer (right now, at least) since all these knockbacks and knockdowns just make me think "Wow, if I time these attacks right, I can stop enemies from attacking for 3-5 seconds!" compared to the mindset of "Gotta kill it fast, before it kills me!" when I used a greatsword :p

How's the axe faring for you? I tried it for a while in my mainhand (Eviscerate was pretty awesome, as I recall) but I found that it was greatly lacking in both control effects and mobility, although the axe's offhand skills are really nice.

As far as least played class is concerned, I'd say Mesmer could be in the running for that title - I haven't seen many of them around (it's mostly Warriors, Necromancers and Engineers as far as I can see)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

Does anyone else have issues with Asura and footwear? My toes are sticking out the front and sides which is rather distracting when I am going for a shady cloaked character!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭reaper12

Playing an Engineer is so much fun, loving the various kits you can get!

Yeah!! another engineer :D They are great crack!! What level are you at? My two favorite skills at the moment are the flame thrower and the bomb making one. And yes it is a flame thrower, not the turret :) It's so much fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Axe + horn = sprint for faster capping + buff.
    Single, double, triple chop does some really nice damage + crits for some crazy values because of the axe damage spread.

2 hander is great, people run from it a lot because of the damage, which is where bull's rush comes in, charge + kd which as it happens gets you out of a lot of trouble and also sets up the mark for 100 blades.

I find myself most of the time sprinting for caps, buffing and switching to the 2 hander. My bar is full of knock-downs, + 1 cripple (throw bolas), which means I can pretty much hold a cap against 2 enemies and can actually beat them both if they are button bashers, I've taken on 3 at a time and managed to come out of it.

Currently the only class that gives me trouble 1vs 1 is the ranger, although the thief definitely has the tools. I'm either gonna try a nec or mage for faster pvp points due to the aoe options, nec excels at spreading conditions and the mage staff aoe is deadly for tight spaces, so I'd imaging they will always come out tops in the damage dept.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Big Knox

WvWvW is just so good. Had an epic 3 hour session last night with the guild. When we started we owned two supply camps and by the end we had taken every point on the map. The frenchies got their ass whopped. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭caspa307

Big Knox wrote: »
    WvWvW is just so good. Had an epic 3 hour session last night with the guild. When we started we owned two supply camps and by the end we had taken every point on the map. The frenchies got their ass whopped. :P

what guild knox?

caspa307 wrote: »
    what guild knox?

[ATT]; We're a small group of pvpers, most come from the WoW guild Drama. We were thinking about applying for DkR but decided to stick in house for now and look at our options later on.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

When are they going to fix the tradinng post! I could actually view and filter items but couldn't buy yesterday

When are they going to fix the tradinng post! I could actually view and filter items but couldn't buy yesterday

It has been up and running for a good while today,.

Although it was slow and you had close and reopen the window each time you sold anything...

It has been up and running for a good while today,.

Although it was slow and you had close and reopen the window each time you sold anything...

Hopefully it's still up tonight as I have't had the chance to use it yet. It's always down after 10pm when I get on. I need to get my hands on gold ore and some gems!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

Hi everyone. i am having trouble logging into both the game and the forums.

in the forum it says this: Waiting for authentication...

Please check your email. A link is included which will allow you to authenticate this login attempt.

No email gets sent to me. Same kind of message on the game client. cant login and no email get sent to me for me to authenticate my account.

any suggestions?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Are you sure you have the right email linked in your account? And it's not in the spam folder? I authenticated earlier today without any issues.

any suggestions?

This was posted on Facebook/Twitter earlier...
    ANet wrote:
    We are aware of the issues with the email authentication system and are investigating them. We will update you as soon as we know more about this. Thanks ^SL

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Hi everyone. i am having trouble logging into both the game and the forums.

in the forum it says this: Waiting for authentication...

Please check your email. A link is included which will allow you to authenticate this login attempt.

No email gets sent to me. Same kind of message on the game client. cant login and no email get sent to me for me to authenticate my account.

any suggestions?

I'm playing on a mate's account and I'm using his e-mail to authenticate. Same thing happen(s) to me. I just keep reloading the game until an e-mail is sent.

EDIT:
    Kiith wrote: »
    This was posted on Facebook/Twitter earlier...

This.... I can't log in either. FML all I want ANET to do is take my money and let me play.... lol

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

FuFuu

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭jonneymendoza

wife is at work and i got the chance to play and now it doesnt work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

anyone else on gunnars not able to get into wvw today ?

Lone Stone wrote: »
    anyone else on gunnars not able to get into wvw today ?

They are winning so everyone is trying to get in:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,336 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Fired up WvWvW today for the first time. Struck me as a (much larger) version of the WAR Online PvP, but with some extra bits lobbed in.

Very chaotic though. Will have to join a guild to get the most out of it, otherwise it's just an unorganised zerg rushing about the place. And that'll just get hammered by organised wargroups, if WAR is anything to go by.

1000 vs 1000 isn't it?

Queued for about 30 minutes to get into WvW, but couldn't get in. I think people avoided it while the other French realm were zerging it, and now that we've been put against a different server, everyone is playing.

As for the zerg in it, a well organised group can do really well, even if they are much smaller in size. Not in a head on fight, but by limiting supply lines, taking key points etc...It really works well, and you can get a huge amount of xp doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭ShaneScouse

God damn this game is so fun, aint been hooked on an mmo since my first many a year ago, but cause the way the game works Im not actually whoring it, doing couple hours a day but feels like I dont need to do any more, just so much to do also the game is huge, pve alone area size is massive.

I know a lvl 80 who has done about 40% of the map. Throw in the pvp maps and its alot of stoofs. Granted it might not have raids and maybe its endgame cant be classed as huge content wise, but Im having daftly good fun lvling with a mate and solo at times. Got a thief alt in my mind next :P

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Kiith wrote: »
    Queued for about 30 minutes to get into WvW, but couldn't get in. I think people avoided it while the other French realm were zerging it, and now that we've been put against a different server, everyone is playing.

As for the zerg in it, a well organised group can do really well, even if they are much smaller in size. Not in a head on fight, but by limiting supply lines, taking key points etc...It really works well, and you can get a huge amount of xp doing it.

Yea sure i got in finally for an hour or so then it got reset, but i was holding a fort with about 5 people took out about 30 people trying to beat down the door with a arrow cart thing. That was well worth the few silver.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Cant play due to powercut :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 38 neumie

Is anyone having problems with error 58 during play?

I can login just fine but every now and then it just pops up with error 58. From looking around this code relates to not being able to contact the login server but,l as i say, i can log in. I just randomly get kicked out.

I am trying to see if its a problem on my end or on their end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

Found the game to be a bit more laggy than usual today for the few minutes I was playing it. On the plus side, got my Collector's Edition box today! :D

Advertisement